Considering skipping the park hopper option this trip. Mistake?

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
Our next Orlando trip will probably be 9 days. 7 days at Disney, 1 trip to see Harry potter at universal, and one day at Kennedy space center.

Last trip was quick, only 4.5 days at Disney. Nothing else.

I'm thinking with a more leisurely 7 days at wdw, and with two kids to drag around (possibly three if we bring my nephew and sil) we may skip the hopping option. Grandma and grandpa will meet us at mk for one day, so definitely no hopping that day.

Here is my thinking. At DL we love to hop back and forth. At wdw we hopped less bc it took so long to do so. Mainly dh and I did a second park late at night while my sil stayed at the hotel with our son.

So with four parks and 7 days (no water parks for us) I'm guessing I could save $220-330 by not hopping. ($55 x 4 or 6 depending on our party).

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any thoughts.

P

I think it makes sense and is worth a try. If you find it limiting, you could always upgrade your ticket while you are there.

We've hopped. We've not hopped. Right now we are sticking with 1 park a day because there's no guarantee that my babies (in March DD28m and DD12m) will be willing to do an entire day at any park, let alone more than 1.

We are not a hopping family. We stick to one park a day and just enjoy where we are. Everyone in our party has learned to like some of the things other in our party like just by going to things that weren't on their to-do list :)

We bought the park hopper option on our first trip and used it exactly once. Never bought it again, and haven't found a need too yet.

I would say go without it, and if for some reason you change your mind, you can add it to your tickets at Guest Relations.

We decided to not hop is time around too. DD is 24 months and we are hoping this is the right decision. We figured with having to leave the park for a nap-break everyday we should be good with one a day.

I am also skipping the park hoppers for our next big trip. We will be in WDW for 11 days with 10 days of parks. I thought of adding it because we will be doing water parks and wanted the option to go to another park later that night. But we will just relax or go downtown if we really want to do something.

Last time we were there 6 days and used it 1 time only and only because we forgot to pick something up at Epcot and had to head back for an hour one night. So it was sort of a waste of money to me.

I would don't make a big deal out of it. It costs exactly the same whether you buy it up front or upgrade your tickets mid-trip. So I would go without the PH and add it if you find you need it. We are planning to get the PH option but we are waiting until find we need it.

I am also skipping the park hoppers for our next big trip. We will be in WDW for 11 days with 10 days of parks. I thought of adding it because we will be doing water parks and wanted the option to go to another park later that night. But we will just relax or go downtown if we really want to do something.

Last time we were there 6 days and used it 1 time only and only because we forgot to pick something up at Epcot and had to head back for an hour one night. So it was sort of a waste of money to me.

FYI, WP admission works differently from theme park admission. You would actually not need PH if you do a WP during the day and MK (or Epcot or HS) in the evening.

WPF&M visits may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. If you use a WPF&M visit on one day and do not go to a major park, you do not use up one of your major park admissions.

Your WPF&M visits are completely independent of your major park visits. Example: You can go to a water park only on day one (1 WPF&M visit), then do a major park on day two (1 theme park admission) followed by a major park (1 theme park admission) and a Typhoon Lagoon visit (1 WPF&M visit) on day three. At the end of day three you will have used up two major park admissions and two WPF&M visits. But if on day four you went to TL in the morning and DQ in the afternoon, you would have used two WPF&M entries in the same day.

http://allears.net/pl/ticket.htm

I never hop. With DD only 5.5 yrs old I don't see the value at all. We are very well organized when we go so I don't see the need to pay an additional 150 to hop :confused3 ....
I feel if you are very organized you can for go the hopping and save the money... I would rather ADD an extra day and use that.. Cheaper than hopping.

We buy PH now when we actually hop. Our last trip we tried one park a day, but rain messed up our plans so one day we visited Epcot in the AM and then stopped at MGM to add hoping before we entered in the PM>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter