Considering European cruise as first Disney cruise trip...

I just booked our first European cruise, but not on Disney. I booked the New Carnival Vista. It was less than half the price of DCL. My kids are 11 and 13. We have cruised DCL 11 times in the last 41/2 years with two more upcoming this year. I have always tried to keep vacations age appropriate and fun. Trust me you will have a lot more fun if your kids are having fun. My kids will be 12 and 13 when we visit the Med, and I will look for stuff that will be active and engaging. I can go back with my Dh in 10 years and visit the boring churches and museums. We stuck with WDW, Caribbean, and Hawaii when our kids were that age. To answer your question I think Norway would be the best cruise for kids your age, but it's totally up to you. Have fun.

BTW I like Costco. They give 8% of the price of the cruise in a Costco cash card. It pays to restock my fridge when I get home from vacation.

Last edited:
We did the 11 night Norway, Iceland, Scotland with 8 and 16yo. The 2days in Reykjavik (overnight) we took the kids on a 12 hour Golden Circle tour then left them on the ship the second day Bc I knew they would not be good companions that day. We did a variety of excursions and tried to make sure there were opportunities for them to be active. We did some DCL excursions and some private excursions.

This was our 2nd DCL cruise-no OBC or booking offer. We got a credit card with travel rewards and paid onto our Disney vacation acct (which we set up after we booked)- and these payments qualified as travel expenses. Once we paid for the cruise Disney sent us the reward ($20 per $1000 I think) on a Disney gift card. I got lots of rewards on the credit card for this, saving a lot for these expenses. I also pre-loaded our onboard account using the DVA paid on this cc. In addition, we used this card on the trip since it had no FT fee. Some use Costco because it is a big reward, but it is only for cruise fare, not other costs maybe air if it's bundled. We are not travel hackers at all, but this was a small effort for a pretty good reward to help mitigate some expenses.
Not sure your time frame, but it would be a good cruise to go with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter