Considering DVC

jakesmom_01

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are considering a purchase of DVC...but looking for any input anyone could give us...not sold yet and just wonder if this something we want to do. Not sure how many points we should buy/start with, etc

TIA

You will find all of the answers to any question about the DVC here on the DIS. :disrocks:

Take the time to read through the posts, you will be glad you did!

:earsboy: Bill

it all depends on your circumstances... what is the size of your anticipated travel party?..........how often do you plan on going to WDW?.............Do you only want access to parks/DVC resorts or do you want access to cruislines as well (I think that matters depending on whether or not you buy direct through disney versus secondary market)........When and where do you plan on traveling? (i.e. do you always travel during a certain time of year or would it be variable? Do you want a specific resort or do you want to move around?)... I am a relative newbie to DVC, but decades of experience in timeshares. You have to give more details of your anticipated use to get meaningful advice.....Good luck!!:)

DVC is right for you if you plan to go to WDW or DL every 12 to 18 months and you want top-notch accommodations that provide access to kitchens, washer/dryers, and OPTIONAL perks. If you want to take the chance and trade those points into the various Disney collections/tours/cruises, then you need to buy direct from Disney. If trading out is not an interest to you, then buying resale through TTS or other reseller would work.
Two cautions: once you buy DVC, you measure all hotels/resorts against WDW. Second, you can become obsessed by either trying to figure out how to maximize your points OR planning your next trip.
Hope this helps.

My husband and I are considering a purchase of DVC...but looking for any input anyone could give us...not sold yet and just wonder if this something we want to do. Not sure how many points we should buy/start with, etc

TIA

Ask yourself why you are considering purchasing DVC. What is the sticking point with you right now. What are your vacation plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter