• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering changing to Deluxe Dining

disney meema

DIS Veteran
E our going on our first disney couple only trip and considering change of dining to deluxe. Staying at WL and on free dining so I will be paying the difference from reg. dining to deluxe so it seemed like a good time if any. Any thoughts on the deluxe dining?
With just the 2 of us and going to the food and wine I thought the extra snack credits would be used nicely, and we would like to try several 2 credit dining experiences.
Is this a wise choice? Or will they have to roll me down Main Street since I would be too full !

My DH always insists on the deluxe plan especially when we grab a free dining promotion. We use it to enjoy the signature 2 dining credit resturants and we used the snacks at food and wine in october and loved it. My vote is yes!!!!!

My DH always insists on the deluxe plan especially when we grab a free dining promotion. We use it to enjoy the signature 2 dining credit resturants and we used the snacks at food and wine in october and loved it. My vote is yes!!!!!

That's what I was thinking too ... The signature dining and food and wine would make it worth adding deluxe. What are some of your favorite 2 dining credit dinners?
I'm leaning towards going for it : )

go for it, we love, eating at the nicer 2 credit places,, basically kind of eat where you want all day and 2 snacks, yumo :thumbsup2

Just do a one credit TS breakfast or early lunch and then signatures for dinner. It won't be as much food as three squares a day.

The only difficulty will be your food and wine day. You'll probably be too full from sampling around the world for a full signature meal that night. If you have hoppers, you could do a CRT breakfast that morning to help use the credits.

I always recommend the Deluxe Dining Plan ( if your on free dining especially)

I like a nice breakfast every morning and a signature at night :) even food and wine because you can use your snacks during the day go back relax at your resort and do a later dinner maybe at Artist Point?

Thanks everyone I'm gonna go for it : ) I called and waited 55 min before a cast member came on, then their computers were being magical (( not working )) CM said for me to call back tomorrow to change our plans. I do think we will do a 1 credit breakfast and then 2 credit dinners. On our days at food & wine probably just breakfast and dine around the festival at Epcot. Really looking forward to this vacation : )

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, very appreciated!

Thanks everyone I'm gonna go for it : ) I called and waited 55 min before a cast member came on, then their computers were being magical (( not working )) CM said for me to call back tomorrow to change our plans. I do think we will do a 1 credit breakfast and then 2 credit dinners. On our days at food & wine probably just breakfast and dine around the festival at Epcot. Really looking forward to this vacation : )

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, very appreciated!

I don't think you'll regret it, especially if you do a lot of signatures. We always did the DDP and then tried the DlxDDP and loved it.

Does anyone know the price difference per person per day to upgrade from plus free dining to the deluxe?

We have done deluxe before but in retrospect, we probably did it wrong.

First, we did it in September and entirely underestimated how much the September heat would take out of us. Not only did it exhaust us, but we never felt like eating large sit down meals. We wanted to graze on smaller things through the day because we just felt gross in that humidity and heat. The larger meals made us feel even more sluggish.

Second, the meals are HUGE. At least to us. EACH person gets their own appetizer, entree and dessert. In the real world, we would maybe only get ONE appetizer OR one dessert - never both and never one for each. There were many times when we passed on dessert or took two bites of an app. We paid for it in the plan, but it was a waste for us.

Lastly, we did a few signature restaurants and the rest of the time we did two TS meals a day. I booked our times too close together. I thought 11:30 lunch at Sci Fi with a 7pm dinner at WL was spaced pretty well, but we weren't even hungry for dinner until 9pm-ish due to the size of the meals. So, if you plan to do two in one day, space it apart much further than you'd think. We did the deluxe plan before the cancellation policy was implemented which was good for us because ended up cancelling 2-3 ADRs within an hour or two's notice because we simply weren't hungry. As a result, we also had some leftover credits at the end :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter