• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering adding on???

nelle

DIS Veteran
My DH gave the :thumbsup2 to do a add on. So I need to jump on this before he changes his mind;).
We have
220 boardwalk points
125 animal kingdom
125 bay lake
All have a June use year.
We like to travel in may(I know bad time with use year of June), October and now during the summer cause of school:scared1:
Questions are:
Should I look for a different use year like February or April?
I see SSR has the cheapest price per point for the length of contract. Should we go for that even thought we don't want to stay there?

Any other suggestions??
I've never bought a resale before how is that process?
Thanks for the help!

What is your favorite resort?

Why did you buy the resorts that you bought?

If your UY wasn't the best, why didn't you change it earlier?

:earsboy: Bill

What is your favorite resort?

Why did you buy the resorts that you bought?

If your UY wasn't the best, why didn't you change it earlier?

:earsboy: Bill

Good questions.

Favorite resort: BW, AKL, BL( haven't stayed here yet, next trip is may)

See above for ? Two:)

We bought our original contract (BW) way back in 99 via resale and it had a June use year. Our other contracts we bought thru Disney and they just kept the June use year.

Are there any rules for resale points like you can't use them at different resorts? I thought I saw that somewhere.
Thanks

With your children at those ages I would buy a Feb UY and use those points everytime you travel in May. In your case another UY would be to your benefit. As for buying resale there are 3-4 good DVC resale companies out there, I would check their web sites first to see if there any any contracts you like. There are many posts in the disboards about DVC resale companies and people's opinion about them.
Also be sure to check out the ROFR thread to give you an idea on what the prices of resale are selling for.

....(snip).....
Are there any rules for resale points like you can't use them at different resorts? I thought I saw that somewhere.
Thanks

Resale points may be used at any DVC resort, subject to the booking rules and availability. They may also be used for anything in the World Passport Collection - i.e., an exchange through RCI or the Lake Buena Vista Trading Company.

Resale points purchased after March 11, 2011, cannot be used to book any of the options in the Concierge Collection, the Adventurer's Collection (Adventures By Disney) or the Disney Collection (non-DVC WDW resorts, non-DVC DL resorts, Disney Cruise Line or the Disney resorts in Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong).

Should I look for a different use year like February or April?
I see SSR has the cheapest price per point for the length of contract. Should we go for that even thought we don't want to stay there?

Are you likely to cancel your May vacation after Jan? or in May? If not, then I really don't see why you should exclude June UY.

How are you going to use the new points? Would you buy enough for 1 trip or need to combine them with your current points?

We currently have 3 resorts. I'm in the process of adding on at SSR. My BWV/VGF points are to be used only for Thanksgiving/1st wk of Dec vacations, where I know I want stay there and 11 month is needed.

The new SSR add-on will be used for "last minute" vacations and May vacations, where most of the time I'm switching around at 7 months or looking around 2-3 months in advanced. Because of this, I was open to all UY. It just so happens the best deal was my current UY.

You'll also want to read up about how to deal with 2 UY, the pros and cons of it.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter