Considering a Florida move, need local help!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by CMW0021, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Yes...the heat gets very brutal especially in August. It's so humid and the frequent thunderstorms usually don't help much. The best way to avoid it is obviously stay inside in the a/c and it doesn't hurt to have a pool close by. ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

We've lived here since August and been on vacations in the summer and I think you are the first person I've spoken to from Florida who says you get used to it. There's a difference between being used to it, and learning to cope with it, which is what I think most of us have to do haha. Lots of time indoors, and pools are a must.

4. Ds4angels

Ds4angels Mouseketeer

My parents go back and forth between PA and Fl, they live in Pasco Co. They love being so close to the beach (Howard Park is lovely). Some areas are very nice, others have really gone down hill in the last 10 years.
    In talking w/ the neighbors they have not been very impressed w/ the schools in their area. As pp said, the grade and middle schools are lacking some.
    They are there from July to end of Sept. Do your yard work early on, or right before sun set. Everything in FL is set up for the heat, so at least once you're inside, you're ok. They haven't had anything storm wise effect them too much and they've had the house for over 10 years.
    ***sidenote***** the Greek bakeries in Tarpon Springs are soooo good and worth the drive:)

5. Livvys

Livvys Mouseketeer

I've lived in south florida for 12 years now and I've gotten used to it:). Like I said, if you work during the day u miss the hottest part. Beach and pools are great and AC is a must. I moved from Boston and loved cold, but not I've become a wus lol! 69's are COLD hahahahaha

6. Livvys

Livvys Mouseketeer

Ugh... Horrible typing on my iPad! *now and *60's!

7. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

I am a Fl builder and have worked outside several entire summers. You learn to deal with it AND you get used to it. Wear white clothes including a hat, drink lots of gatorade, and it can be tolerated.