• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering a BIG move

Snakes in a boot

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all,

I know there are a lot of these posts of the boards, but I was hoping to start my own. My girlfriend and I are considering a move to the Orlando area. I'm not moving to work at Disney, but being near it is a plus obviously. I work in TV news and there are many opportunities in the central Florida area, and we would both have the option to find a job down there. We currently live in New England, where we were both born and raised, and our families are near. Her best friend lives in the area, and I have friends as well so we both know people down there. We both have a car, and wouldn't move until one of us had a job offer accepted. So after my long bakstory comes the question. I'm looking to hear from people who have lived or do live in the Orlando area that have moved from a good distance to live down there. It wouldn't be permanent as we are both in our 20's and would like to move back to New England in a few years to start a family and settle down. We will be getting good experience down there that will help us get a job back home. So what do people think? What are the pros and cons of living near Orlando and would you or would you not do it? Thanks!

Hey y'all,

I know there are a lot of these posts of the boards, but I was hoping to start my own. My girlfriend and I are considering a move to the Orlando area. I'm not moving to work at Disney, but being near it is a plus obviously. I work in TV news and there are many opportunities in the central Florida area, and we would both have the option to find a job down there. We currently live in New England, where we were both born and raised, and our families are near. Her best friend lives in the area, and I have friends as well so we both know people down there. We both have a car, and wouldn't move until one of us had a job offer accepted. So after my long bakstory comes the question. I'm looking to hear from people who have lived or do live in the Orlando area that have moved from a good distance to live down there. It wouldn't be permanent as we are both in our 20's and would like to move back to New England in a few years to start a family and settle down. We will be getting good experience down there that will help us get a job back home. So what do people think? What are the pros and cons of living near Orlando and would you or would you not do it? Thanks!

If you are looking for work experience, I would also look around the country as well as Florida. Don't limit yourself.

Do you guys rent? Moving starts to become really expensive when you start buying houses.

Happy job hunting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter