Conservative thread: We're still smiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I come bearing bad news, so I really need your prayers and good thoughts. My mom was the family member I had been talking about. I didn't want to say who it was just because I didn't feel like talking about it. She got the call this morning, and she has breast cancer. On the good news front though, it is very small, non-invasive, and differentiated. The radiologist thinks she might not even need radiation, just surgery to remove it. I am really upset and worried (and we still don't know what the second area is), so please pray for me too. I know it could've been much worse though, so I am grateful and praying prayers of thanks right now. Please pray that they treat her fully and correctly. And on my end, please pray that the genetic factor doesn't come into play in my life and I don't get it as well. Thank y'all. Y'all have been a great help to me, and I'm going to need your support in the weeks ahead.

I will most certainly keep your mother and you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hi all. I come bearing bad news, so I really need your prayers and good thoughts. My mom was the family member I had been talking about. I didn't want to say who it was just because I didn't feel like talking about it. She got the call this morning, and she has breast cancer. On the good news front though, it is very small, non-invasive, and differentiated. The radiologist thinks she might not even need radiation, just surgery to remove it. I am really upset and worried (and we still don't know what the second area is), so please pray for me too. I know it could've been much worse though, so I am grateful and praying prayers of thanks right now. Please pray that they treat her fully and correctly. And on my end, please pray that the genetic factor doesn't come into play in my life and I don't get it as well. Thank y'all. Y'all have been a great help to me, and I'm going to need your support in the weeks ahead.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

We will keep you and your mom in our prayers.

:hug:

That's what I figured, and I almost suggested we do the same until I realized that would mean unnecessary work, annoyance, and even anger on our part to prove a point. Let the witches do the hunting while we simply call their double-standard.

Keeping tabs of the indiscretions of leftists sounds like too much work for me. I'm just here for the party. :laughing:

It is a badge of honor.......wear it as you would a Purple Heart and try very hard to dodge the next salvo......as eventually.....youcould be put out of action.

I got some points yesterday also.......(2nd Amendment related). I speak my mind and it comes from the heart. I am happy to take any "lumps" that come with it. :thumbsup2

I am certain the Hope-itarian Change-mentalists take their lumps also. I have noticed a definite thinning out of the more strident voices over time.
Hope-itarian Change-mentalists .... :lmao:

Hey everyone! :goodvibes Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I miss you guys - I have GOT to make more time for this board from now on!! :)

Hey there! The 12 days of Christmas are off to a good start for me. Hope all is well for you and yours. :goodvibes

I will definitely continue praying for you and your mom. Keep thinking positive thoughts.:hug:

Your family is GORGEOUS. What a beautiful family photo.

I'm avoiding cleaning - I really need to get back to work. Have a great day everyone, and SD - we're here for you. :grouphug:

I know two of us Debbies are...debbieandroo and blestmom (me!)...end of January :goodvibes

And this Debbie who works there
But Im leaving Feb 1st for vacation

Hey everyone! :goodvibes Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I miss you guys - I have GOT to make more time for this board from now on!! :)

HI :wave2: Glad to see you back here. :goodvibes

That's a wonderful family photo too! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say "Hello" to the Conservative thread.
Im 38 and a Professional Firefighter/Medic. (another Republican Union member)
I am married and have 2 children 3 and 1 years of age. My wife is also a disney nut (but me mostly).
I am an optimist through and through. And, i will remain optimistic concerning our (the USA's) future despite the recent election loss.
I believe that in the end, we will prevail and regain our footing.
I am a Republican mostly because i believe the Republican party most represents the "core" principals that our founding fathers had and wanted this Nation to become.
i am also pro-life. and a Veteran of the USAF.
Yep, i STILL support G.W. and am hoping for a great candidate in '12
Regards,Shawn

I am married and have 2 children 3 and 1 years of age. My wife is also a disney nut (but me mostly).
I am an optimist through and through. And, i will remain optimistic concerning our (the USA's) future despite the recent election loss.
I am a Republican mostly because i believe the Republican party most represents the "core" principals that our founding fathers had and wanted this Nation to become.
Regards,Shawn

Well welcome. :wave2:

Is is nice that our thread keeps growing with more Conservatives joining in.

I thought that there were no Republican union members.....at least that is what the mainstream media keeps telling me.

:rotfl2:

Hugs and prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Regards,Shawn

Welcome, Shawn! It sounds like you are going to fit in here quite nicely :thumbsup2

Regards,Shawn

Welcome! I'm a professional Paramedic. I work closely with the FD, but I have absolutely no desire to run into burning buildings. I have an awful lot of respect for those who do, though. :thumbsup2

Regards,Shawn

:wave:

Regards,Shawn

:wave: welcome!

Thanks all. This is a very tough day. :sad1:

Welcome, edwardsfire. Hope you have fun here.

Mr Man, good job in that abstinence thread. I wanted to post myself, but considering the day I'm having, I have a feeling whatever would sprout from my fingertips would be point-worthy. So I'm just going to restrain myself. :headache:

Welcome, Shawn!

Sorcererdonald>> Continued prayers for your mother and your whole family. A very close coworker just went through the same thing, right down to not getting test results back soon. She came through the surgery with flying colors.. no chemo needed, and was back to work way before they thought she would be.

Today is our wedding anniversary! Whether we want to call it our 24th or 23rd depends on what you consider... LOL Lets just say we've both spent more of our life married to each other than not! We'll be going to our usual favorite restaurant. If I order the wine flight with dinner... prepare for weird postings later. DH has to go to work tomorrow so that leaves me on Christmas break posting schedule!

Regards,Shawn

Welcome Shawn! We're a friendly group here, though we talk alot. If you get behind, don't try to read all of the pages, just jump in where you are. We're a chatty bunch, but we're also very friendly (and Breezy feeds us very well).

Now, I must go check out the abstinence thread and see what Mr. Man is up to.

Today is our "goodbye to fast food" night. We've decided to be more conservative in our spending and tighten the wallet on things we really don't need. Fast food is one of them. I have found that, especially this month, we have relied on fast food and pizza too much. I need to get back in the groove and get cooking again. :)

Regards,Shawn

Welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter