Conservative thread: We're still smiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds wonderful! A law school schedule would never allow a part-time job, but maybe during the summers I could get my feet wet as a DL cm. My dream would be to work at DL's mansion, so I can be a vet of both coasts!

THERE ya go!!!!

That is one thing that has bugged me more than anything else about Obama, he now owns (you know what I mean) the words hope and change. I got a shirt that had hope on the front as it was an Aggies for a Cure shirt (breast cancer) and it related to my grandmother the most as compared to courage and strength. One kid came up to me (mind you this is A&M) and said he would never wear that shirt because it reminded him too much of Obama. Idiot. :headache:(him not me) This was the day she was finding out if the cancer reached these glands, and if it had, it would be terminal. Luckily it hadn't reached there and she is now done with her radiation treatment. This only happened a few months ago.

Oh well. I have never truly seen anything that would cause me to report a person, but I also don't care enough because this is the internet.

Good morning (well, it's still morning over here)

Sorry to hear about all of these points being issued out. I think I have only reported two or three tacky posts. I don't go out of my way to seek them out, though. I mean, I don't go on their thread looking for stuff to report.
Von- that would be cool if you got a summer job at DL. I would love to work there, someday :goodvibes . Just part-time, though.

I find myself avoiding saying the words, "hope" and "change", too.:headache: It's like these beautiful words have, um, 'mutated' into something..... (what's the word I am looking for here?)

I find myself avoiding saying the words, "hope" and "change", too.:headache: It's like these beautiful words have, um, 'mutated' into something..... (what's the word I am looking for here?

doubleplusgood?

Hopey Changemas?

Jungle Jim's is closed?!?!?!?!?! That was my favorite place to go when I stayed off property. The last I heard of it was that it was attracting gang activity, and then nothing. :sad2: First Dixie Stampede and now this.

Yes, I remember the day well when I found out it was closed. I had left for the seminary in Miami one August day 2006, having spent the summer enjoying JJ's monte cristo sandwiches (the best, in my opinion). When I came home for Christmas (excuse me, for Winter), I told my cousin we should go to JJ's. He broke the news, and I got teary-eyed. He said he did the same when they approached it one day and saw his headlights shine through to the back wall of the restaurant. When I was on Disney property, I saw the sign still out front of Crossroads (it is still there) and thought that maybe it had reopened. The disappointment was unbearable.

Honestly, there was a steady decline in service and cleanliness over the years (one friend joked that, like those steakhouses where peanut shells are thrown on the ground, at JJ's you throw your leftovers on the ground!). As the Orlando locals stopped going to PI (due to poor decisions by Disney management, in my opinion), the Kissimmee-St. Cloud locals came out of the cracks (central Floridians know what I mean!), which brought a rough group of adolescents. Remember the stories about youth intimidation at Downtown Disney that summer? Well, that October of 2006, there was a gang-related stabbing that took place in JJ's. To my knowledge, they closed shortly thereafter.

I remember when PI opened in 1989 and the influx of locals swarmed Lake Buena Vista. The radio was full of advertisements for weekend live entertainment at the Baja Beach Club (where Hooters is now located, next to Pirates Cove Adventure Golf). JJ's used to have live entertainment every night on the patio, too. It was exciting! The closest you will find of a vibrant local scene in Lake Buena Vista is the Orlando Ale House, but it does not have the energy of the late Jungle Jim's :sad1:

Hey everyone! :goodvibes Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I miss you guys - I have GOT to make more time for this board from now on!! :)

That is one thing that has bugged me more than anything else about Obama, he now owns (you know what I mean) the words hope and change. I got a shirt that had hope on the front as it was an Aggies for a Cure shirt (breast cancer) and it related to my grandmother the most as compared to courage and strength. One kid came up to me (mind you this is A&M) and said he would never wear that shirt because it reminded him too much of Obama. Idiot. :headache:(him not me) This was the day she was finding out if the cancer reached these glands, and if it had, it would be terminal. Luckily it hadn't reached there and she is now done with her radiation treatment. This only happened a few months ago.

Oh well. I have never truly seen anything that would cause me to report a person, but I also don't care enough because this is the internet.

It's unfortunate that person said something thoughtless without realizing the meaning behind your shirt, but what great news that the cancer had not spread and that the treatments are now over. Prayers that your grandmother continues in good health.:)

Zip, that picture is C R E E P Y! :scared:

Soarin, could you post a link on this thread to your trip report please? I'm looking forward to reading it. :thumbsup2
Well I don't have a link yet. I'm going to get started on it after lunch.:thumbsup2 Check back tonight.

:rotfl2:

Of course it's okay to use them! The picture of him in his NRA shirt and at the podium arefrom when we saw him live in Akron for his Unelectable tour last summer. I didn't take them, someone at Glenn's site posted them, but I was there in the second row. :cool1:

Us Glenn Beck fans need to stick together since seeing his pics in a signature seem to twist some Libs knickers into knots. :lmao: Sorry you got treated the way that you did on the other thread.:hug: I guess that I can 'Hope for Change' in their hearts when it comes to dealing with Conservatives that are reaching out to them. It seems like some on the left think that change only means our side has to change while they keep puttering along acting the same as always with one sided intolerance.:sad2:

I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip as I have to live vicariously through you and others since it will be about a year until we get back to WDW.:crazy2:
:goodvibes :thumbsup2 I don't exactly make comments about their Obama signatures, much as I'd like to. But I refrain.:rotfl: Three more weeks till Glenn's show starts on Fox! I am about to burst with excitement!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dang, a YEAR????:scared1: My mother informed me last night that she and my father won't go back till DBro8 is at least 12, since he's still a bit young to do alot of rides. But that won't affect me, since I can go solo anytime I want now (especially since I start work there in three weeks).;)

I find myself avoiding saying the words, "hope" and "change", too.:headache: It's like these beautiful words have, um, 'mutated' into something..... (what's the word I am looking for here?)
I think Decorated Dust and I decided we would now say 'mutation.':rotfl: 'Hope' and 'change' now leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

So what else is new, guys and gals?popcorn:: I am about to starve.... leave it to me to forget to eat breakfast!!:rotfl2:

During the election "season" there was a guy running for I think State Senate (obviously his ads worked well...) who's ads talked about "creating hope." Everytime it came on, my boyfriend and I would say, "oh look! It's the guy who's going to manufacture hope!" (We were obviously mocking him...) And then giggle for a good couple minutes. Every. Time. :rotfl:

During the election "season" there was a guy running for I think State Senate (obviously his ads worked well...) who's ads talked about "creating hope." Everytime it came on, my boyfriend and I would say, "oh look! It's the guy who's going to manufacture hope!" (We were obviously mocking him...) And then giggle for a good couple minutes. Every. Time. :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Hey everyone! :goodvibes Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!!! I miss you guys - I have GOT to make more time for this board from now on!! :)
Hey Transparent! We've missed you. :hug:

I think Decorated Dust and I decided we would now say 'mutation.':rotfl: 'Hope' and 'change' now leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

:
:thumbsup2

doubleplusgood?

Hopey Changemas?

:rotfl: Something like that. It's like those words have been tainted somehow, because of hearing them over and over, again by the great one. Kind of like subliminal messages.

I think the main difference between them getting infractions vs us is that they hunt out and report as many of our posts as they possibly can, while we just take the higher road and ignore theirs. They won't get infractions unless a post is reported, and I think there's a handful of them that are doing little more than going on a witch hunt in that aspect.

That pretty much sums up the liberal attitude toward free speech, tolerance, and diversity.

That's what I figured, and I almost suggested we do the same until I realized that would mean unnecessary work, annoyance, and even anger on our part to prove a point. Let the witches do the hunting while we simply call their double-standard.

We don't do it because it's an annoyance; we don't do it because we are Conservatives, and as such we believe in free speech, tolerance, diversity, and civil debate. We feel confident enough in our own ideologies to fight in the marketplace of ideas — confident that our ideas always, eventually, win out because they are based upon reason, logic, fairness, opportunity, freedom, and rational thinking. We also have a deep and abiding faith in the American people, and that they can handle multiple points of view, and ferret out those that should be discarded — and in an open marketplace of ideas, we know precisely which ideas will, in fact, be discarded. Simply put, we do not fear opposing viewpoints — because we know we are right! :) Only those who desperately fear their ideas are deeply flawed seek to silence their ideological opposition.

Ugh. I'm sorry to say I think this is true. I don't believe in reporting these people, mostly because they don't offend me. Their attempts to get us points are just amusing. However, if it's not the other way around, I might change my mind. Grrr. :headache:

I guess I'll just keep "respectfully disagreeing" until they get frustrated and give up.

That's the Conservative way!

I think "hope" and "change" will take on a caricatured, derisive meaning very quickly into the next administration. Don't worry. Those terms will fall out of favor very, very quickly.

having spent the summer enjoying JJ's monte cristo sandwiches (the best, in my opinion).

when you come to california next year, you will find two divine monte cristos at d'land. the first and original is at the blue bayou restaurant, made in the traditional fashion (turkey, ham, swiss) and simply to die for (i craved it when i was a carnivore). the second is at cafe orleans, where it is made with three cheeses (swiss, mozarella, double-cream brie), but dipped in the same delicate batter and fried. both are served with the berry puree and both are fab. let your heart be d'land-glad.

That pretty much sums up the liberal attitude toward free speech, tolerance, and diversity.

We don't do it because it's an annoyance; we don't do it because we are Conservatives, and as such we believe in free speech, tolerance, diversity, and civil debate. We feel confident enough in our own ideologies to fight in the marketplace of ideas — confident that our ideas always, eventually, win out because they are based upon reason, logic, fairness, opportunity, freedom, and rational thinking. We also have a deep and abiding faith in the American people, and that they can handle multiple points of view, and ferret out those that should be discarded — and in an open marketplace of ideas, we know precisely which ideas will, in fact, be discarded. Simply put, we do not fear opposing viewpoints — because we know we are right! :) Only those who desperately fear their ideas are deeply flawed seek to silence their ideological opposition.

That's the Conservative way!

I think "hope" and "change" will take on a caricatured, derisive meaning very quickly into the next administration. Don't worry. Those terms will fall out of favor very, very quickly.
Well said! :goodvibes

when you come to california next year, you will find two divine monte cristos at d'land. the first and original is at the blue bayou restaurant, made in the traditional fashion (turkey, ham, swiss) and simply to die for (i craved it when i was a carnivore). the second is at cafe orleans, where it is made with three cheeses (swiss, mozarella, double-cream brie), but dipped in the same delicate batter and fried. both are served with the berry puree and both are fab. let your heart be d'land-glad.

I've been wanting to try those! We almost went to Cafe Orleans on dd's birthday.

Hi! It's wonderful to see you. Merry Belated Christmas. What a gorgeous family pic there. :lovestruc

Hi all. I come bearing bad news, so I really need your prayers and good thoughts. My mom was the family member I had been talking about. I didn't want to say who it was just because I didn't feel like talking about it. She got the call this morning, and she has breast cancer. On the good news front though, it is very small, non-invasive, and differentiated. The radiologist thinks she might not even need radiation, just surgery to remove it. I am really upset and worried (and we still don't know what the second area is), so please pray for me too. I know it could've been much worse though, so I am grateful and praying prayers of thanks right now. Please pray that they treat her fully and correctly. And on my end, please pray that the genetic factor doesn't come into play in my life and I don't get it as well. Thank y'all. Y'all have been a great help to me, and I'm going to need your support in the weeks ahead.

Hi all. I come bearing bad news, so I really need your prayers and good thoughts. My mom was the family member I had been talking about. I didn't want to say who it was just because I didn't feel like talking about it. She got the call this morning, and she has breast cancer. On the good news front though, it is very small, non-invasive, and differentiated. The radiologist thinks she might not even need radiation, just surgery to remove it. I am really upset and worried (and we still don't know what the second area is), so please pray for me too. I know it could've been much worse though, so I am grateful and praying prayers of thanks right now. Please pray that they treat her fully and correctly. And on my end, please pray that the genetic factor doesn't come into play in my life and I don't get it as well. Thank y'all. Y'all have been a great help to me, and I'm going to need your support in the weeks ahead.

:hug: :hug: Hugs, prayers, positive thoughts, and two shoulders to cry on any time you need it. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter