Conservative Thread: We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lovestruc That's so sweet! We do the Angel Tree at our Church too. Since we don't have kids it's the only chance we get to toy shop! I swear, I think DH likes it more than I do. He spent 20 minutes in the Transformer aisle at Walmart trying to decide which one to buy!! :lmao:

:lmao: My husband is like a big kid too sometimes. He loves buying toys. His personal favorites are RC cars and airplanes.

Uhhhh.... where is everyone? :confused3:

Hiya! I'm here for a few minutes. I was busy earlier cleaning my carpets. We're having a Christmas party on Saturday and they were skeery. :scared: As soon as my kids finish their dinner we're going shopping. Gonna go spend my hubby's money on toys for kids.

Hi all. Will respond to some posts later, but wanted to give an update on what's going on here.

Thanks for all of the prayers. She continues to need them. And I do too because I feel like I'm going to have a meltdown before this is all said and done. :sad2: In short, they have to do two biopsies in two weeks. They found something else they want tested besides the first thing. Probably won't know the answers until after Christmas. :sad2:

I just don't know what to do. I guess praying is all I can do, but I cannot remember being so scared before in my life. She's fairly calm, but I'm wigging out. I did not get the "Calm in an emergency" gene. :headache:

Please pray hard. Thank you. :hug:

:hug: Hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts. I'm sorry you all are having to go through this.

Hoping for the best outcome. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I know this is hard to deal with at any time, yet even moreso around the holidays. Remember, you get to be there for them in their time of need. Time is a gift from G_d. Use it. :)

In a good hearted kind of "share the misery" way......

We have very close family friends who have been trying for years to have a child of their own (they have 2 adopted children). They finally were successful through in-vitro fertilization this year. They were due to have twins in March 09. Unfortunately, they lost the babies last night due to complications.

Nathan and Noelle.

The funeral is on Monday. We helped pick out the caskets today. I could carry one in each arm if I needed to. We are simply bereft........(and they do not make an emoticon for this feeling).

Following these wonderful people through all the challenges and pitfalls they have gone through in fruitless efforts to have children

simply sets. me. on. FIRE!!

When I think of all the people who could have had children......yet chose to terminate their pregnancy.

I realize it is an emotional response. Yet, I would feel less than human if I did not think this way.

It is a casually cruel and unthinking world we live in.....and I wanted to let somebody know that we lost two wonderful people with boundless potential yesterday.....

Sorry for steering the thread negative, but it felt good to say this out loud.
Oh my gosh this is awful. I feel so badly for your friends. Please know that I will pray for them and their children. What a horrible loss.

I know this is hard to deal with at any time, yet even moreso around the holidays. Remember, you get to be there for them in their time of need. Time is a gift from G_d. Use it. :)

We have very close family friends who have been trying for years to have a child of their own (they have 2 adopted children). They finally were successful through in-vitro fertilization this year. They were due to have twins in March 09. Unfortunately, they lost the babies last night due to complications.

Nathan and Noelle.

The funeral is on Monday. We helped pick out the caskets today. I could carry one in each arm if I needed to. We are simply bereft........(and they do not make an emoticon for this feeling).

Following these wonderful people through all the challenges and pitfalls they have gone through in fruitless efforts to have children

When I think of all the people who could have had children......yet chose to terminate their pregnancy.

I realize it is an emotional response. Yet, I would feel less than human if I did not think this way.

It is a casually cruel and unthinking world we live in.....and I wanted to let somebody know that we lost two wonderful people with boundless potential yesterday.....

I am so very, very sorry. What a horrible thing. Please don't be sorry for "being negative." Friends are here to listen to you and care what is hurting you. I wish there was anything more that anybody could say or do than simply to say "I'm sorry." :sad2:

I am so very, very sorry. What a horrible thing. Please don't be sorry for "being negative." Friends are here to listen to you and care what is hurting you. I wish there was anything more that anybody could say or do than simply to say "I'm sorry." :sad2:

Thanks. Me and DW are actually doing pretty good with our grieving. It is hard to console our dear friends though.........

So, we are basically just doing what we can to help by taking their kids with us for a few days and making funeral arrangements etc. It is healing through frenetic activity. :)

Some things are truly inconsolable.

Hey guys...:goodvibes Just popping in to say HELLO! Hope all of your Christmas shopping is going well! :santa: I've been super busy and haven't had much time for the board these days - but I miss you guys!

Nathan and Noelle.

Mr Man, there are no words to express how badly I feel for you and your friends over the loss of those precious babies.
I wish I could offer some wisdom but I'm afraid I have none and I won't spew forth the usual platitudes. I also wish that I could give more that what probably seem like empty words of condolences. :hug:
Is there anything my family can do for this family?

Thanks. Me and DW are actually doing pretty good with our grieving. It is hard to console our dear friends though.........

So, we are basically just doing what we can to help by taking their kids with us for a few days and making funeral arrangements etc. It is healing through frenetic activity. :)

Yes, they are. I have two friends who lost babies during labor/delivery. I will never (please God) know how they feel, but I do know just how you feel. It's such a gut wrenching, helpless feeling to see someone you love in such pain. :hug: Bless you for being there for them.

How completely heartwrenching. My thoughts and prayers are with your friends Mr. Mann (and you too!).

Originally Posted by Mr Man

We have very close family friends who have been trying for years to have a child of their own They finally were successful through in-vitro fertilization this year. Unfortunately, they lost the babies last night due to complications.

Nathan and Noelle.

Mr. Man,..........my heartfelt prayers go out to you and your friends.:hug: I gave birth, a long time ago, to a stillborn daughter. It's an ache that is with you for a lifetime. This is a big part of why I am soooo pro-life. I am so sorry loss of two such loved and sweet babies.

Hey guys...:goodvibes Just popping in to say HELLO! Hope all of your Christmas shopping is going well! :santa: I've been super busy and haven't had much time for the board these days - but I miss you guys!

Hiya!

Been a while.

This thread really moves nowadays......

I sometimes feel like Bilbo Baggins at his going-away party, giving his speech......(with a slight twist)

"I don't know half of you as well as I should like and I LIKE more than half of you half as much as you deserve" haha

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:)

Nathan and Noelle.

Mr. Man... I'm not even sure what to say. I am sadden and hurt for you and your friends. What a terrible thing. And two weeks before Christmas....:sad1: :hug: And you're right, when I hear all those people running their mouths about abortion and something like this happens to a couple who want children..... my blood boils and I feel the world's strongest anger rush through me.:mad:

But these people will definitely be in my prayers, my friend.:hug:

Yes, they are. I have two friends who lost babies during labor/delivery. I will never (please God) know how they feel, but I do know just how you feel. It's such a gut wrenching, helpless feeling to see someone you love in such pain. :hug: Bless you for being there for them.

Mr. Man,..........my heartfelt prayers go out to you and your friends.:hug: I gave birth, a long time ago, to a stillborn daughter. It's an ache that is with you for a lifetime. This is a big part of why I am soooo pro-life. I am so sorry loss of two such loved and sweet babies.

Well, we are not alone it seems. that is good. :)

I think they just need time to digest the enormity of it.

No, not alone. I lost a child at 10 wks pregnant, and I had a half-brother who was stillborn.
I've had friends who have lost children right after birth, as well.

My mother had a miscarriage not long after I was born. She doesn't discuss it much but I know it bothers her even nearly twenty years later. Yet what I don't understand about her is she's pro-choice. :sad2: It took her eight years to finally have me after she got married and yet she's for abortions.... it just makes me ill.

Mr Man, there are no words to express how badly I feel for you and your friends over the loss of those precious babies.
I wish I could offer some wisdom but I'm afraid I have none and I won't spew forth the usual platitudes. I also wish that I could give more that what probably seem like empty words of condolences. :hug:
Is there anything my family can do for this family?

Thanks. They have a good support group (of which we are part I am glad to say).

Perhaps we should consider posting some more cat-mongering Sarah Palin photos.......purely as a way to heal......and render our opponents ridiculous!

(been stockpilin' and waiting for the right time to unleash them!)

;)

Teresa your books are awesome! I'm so jealous!!! Whenever I get around to actually working on learning that I'm gonna hit you up for help :)

Thanks! I'd love to help whenever you're ready.:)

Hi all. Will respond to some posts later, but wanted to give an update on what's going on here.

Thanks for all of the prayers. She continues to need them. And I do too because I feel like I'm going to have a meltdown before this is all said and done. :sad2: In short, they have to do two biopsies in two weeks. They found something else they want tested besides the first thing. Probably won't know the answers until after Christmas. :sad2:

I just don't know what to do. I guess praying is all I can do, but I cannot remember being so scared before in my life. She's fairly calm, but I'm wigging out. I did not get the "Calm in an emergency" gene. :headache:

Please pray hard. Thank you. :hug:

Will do.:hug: I'm so sorry for all the stress you are going through. Just take some deep breaths and try not to worry until you know what you are worrying about. There's nothing you can do right now until the results are in, so try not to waste energy worrying. Know that your friends are here for you.

Nathan and Noelle.

This just makes me want to cry buckets. There are no words to describe this sadness.:sad1:

Hey there! Miss ya!!:goodvibes

What do you sell?? Perhaps I need to buy.......

Manitou Springs--I usually end up there at least once whenever I go visit my mom. There is an old time candy shop right near the center of town "square" where the old church and one of the springs entrances are. I always get their taffy and various stuff from my childhood there. There's a really good fudge shop too. Other than that most places are just a little too "hippy-ish" for my liking. The Penny arcade is kinda neat for the kids though.

I like Estes Park better. But then again they have quilt shops :)

What all is there at the North Pole place? Oddly enough I haven't ever ventured there in all my visits over the years.

I know that candy shop very well. The North Pole is a cute little amusement park. They have some little shops, a ferris wheel, some fun little kiddie rides and then a couple of mild thrill rides like the Tilt a Whirl. It also has a little arcade and of course Santa Claus is there all year round. The whole thing is Christmas themed. Its sort of pricey for what it is, but for years we took my kids there when they were little. Its just very sweet and quaint. I used to go there when I was a little kid, the place hasn't changed a bit. Its about five minutes outside Manitou.

I love Estes Park! And they have much nicer shops than Manitou. Unless you are looking for nice Wicken merchandise or hippy wear, Manitou doesn't have much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter