Conservative Thread: We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys! I like the new title!

I haven't had a chance to go back and read the other thread yet. But here is a CHRISTMAS TREE for us! :goodvibes

tree.gif

This one reminds me of Hogsmeade (Harry Potter) for some reason.

I saw this one while 'tree shopping'
CAIPKO38CAT4ZEBACAMGNY69CAKH181ZCA7.jpg
Love the tree!

Goodmorning everyone! :goodvibes Just checking in to say "hi". I'm off to watch my youngest march in a Thanksgiving day Parade for the first time as a "Young Marine". He's been waiting for this since he's been 3 :goodvibes

Good morning everyone
i was trying to post on the old thread and found we moved again
Anyway, regarding Debbies
I posted wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back that in 3rd grade I was Debbie #4.
No last name, just Debbie #4
Now my last name starts with a W, I would probably be #23. LOL
Yesterday, we went to the commissary. The closest one to us is in Tamap (about 70 miles from here), But the savings are so worth it.
I had 133 coupons and saved $113,
We had promised my oldest $125 for his b-day. He asked for groceries as he is living on his own. When the cashier hit the sub tital button for his stuff the total was $125.46
We're going to be getting the Christams stuff out of the attic and the house decorated today.
I hope everyone has wonderful day
Debbie (you guys assign me a #) LOL

Hello all! One week from right now hubby and I will be waiting for our connecting flight and heading for WDW!!!! :woohoo:

You lucky girl!

One week from now I will be heading back home from the lake. Hopefully with a lot of great bargains in the trunk from Black Friday shopping!

I'm dreading that phase myself. DH is constantly eating, and with 3 boys growing up I'm going to be living at the grocery store. The only thing that drives me nuts about it, though, is that DH can (and does) eat just about anything and everything, and lots of it...drinks a 2 liter of pepsi nearly daily....and he's a stick! I eat a scoop of ice cream and gain 2 lbs.

Only 1 ltr of pepsi per day! We've got you beat with about 4 per day...diet. I can't complain, it's his only vice, non-drinker, non-smoker, non-gambler, not a wife beater, a great dad....so he's addicted to the pepsi, big deal. Major withdrawal in Disney though.

We go through so much, I think on my pepsi rewards, we crashed their system, it stopped counting bottle caps at 1921 (that was in Aug/Sept), average that at $1 per bottle, and we'd spent nearly $2k in soda alone since March!

You lucky girl!

One week from now I will be heading back home from the lake. Hopefully with a lot of great bargains in the trunk from Black Friday shopping!

I did Black Friday once. A few years ago I was laid off from a job, couldn't find another (can I tell you how that dings your ego - going to sooo many job interviews and winding up with so much rejection? It makes you feel like a failure) finally unemployment ran out so I had to temporarily move in with my mother, as I now had nothing to pay my rent, and I took a temp job while continuing my job searches and then finally I found a job again. I was moving back out on my own right after the holidays. Of course, moving into a new place I wanted some new stuff - right? So, I needed to take advantage of all of the sales deals on Black Friday in order to afford it all. I was outside my first store at 4am ready to go. By 10am I was heading back home, my little car completely packed with everything from a block of knives to a television set. Oh, and a couple of Christmas presents for other people in there also. :rolleyes:

But that was the only reason I did the whole Black Friday thing. I value my life and I know some of those stores become insane on that morning. :scared:

Yay a new thread! :cool1: Thanks hockeymom. :)

Okay so here's the peanut butter Buckeye recipe:

3/4 c butter (no substitute)
3 1/4 to 3 3/4 sifted powdered sugar
1 c peanut butter
1 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
16 oz semisweet chocolate
1 TBSP shortening

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat or microwave to melt.

Combine butter and 2 c of the powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add peanut butter, beating until combined. Stir in milk and vanilla. Beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to make a firm, crumbly-looking mixture.

Roll mixture into 1 inch balls. Arrange on a tray and chill for 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate and shortening in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Cool slightly. Using a fork, dip 3/4 of each ball into the chocolate mixture so the ball resembles a buckeye. If the chocolate mixture hardens, remelt over low heat.

Place balls with the undipped portion up on a tray lined with waxed paper and chill until firm. Store in refrigerator.

These sound wonderful. Could you give me guesstimate about how many it makes? If I live in Pa. and I cling to my religion and my guns, can I still make them?

I did Black Friday once. A few years ago I was laid off from a job, couldn't find another (can I tell you how that dings your ego - going to sooo many job interviews and winding up with so much rejection? It makes you feel like a failure) finally unemployment ran out so I had to temporarily move in with my mother, as I now had nothing to pay my rent, and I took a temp job while continuing my job searches and then finally I found a job again. I was moving back out on my own right after the holidays. Of course, moving into a new place I wanted some new stuff - right? So, I needed to take advantage of all of the sales deals on Black Friday in order to afford it all. I was outside my first store at 4am ready to go. By 10am I was heading back home, my little car completely packed with everything from a block of knives to a television set. Oh, and a couple of Christmas presents for other people in there also. :rolleyes:

But that was the only reason I did the whole Black Friday thing. I value my life and I know some of those stores become insane on that morning. :scared:

Back in the day I worked retail while in school. From Black Friday to Christmas Eve my neck muscles would be in knots. The worst part - people would fight on the lines. :scared: It was crazy.

I'm in a Christmas mood today. :santa:

But I was thinking about that "War on Christmas" stuff though.........

I went to a Catholic school and I remember as a kid we had a Breakfast with Santa. Do any schools still do that anymore? Was that stopped? I used to love that. It would be sad if my DD didn't get that chance to experience it.

Back in the day I worked retail while in school. From Black Friday to Christmas Eve my neck muscles would be in knots. The worst part - people would fight on the lines. :scared: It was crazy.

I went to a Catholic school and I remember as a kid we had a Breakfast with Santa. Do any schools still do that anymore? Was that stopped? I used to love that. It would be sad if my DD didn't get that chance to experience it.

My girl's Catholic School holds breakfast with Santa every year and it's always packed. Tickets are only $4!! They also hold a Santa Secret Shop at school.

We also have Breakfast with Santa and Santa's Secret Shop. The kids love it and it is a nice fundraiser too. DD is also in a Catholic School.

No, no, no, no, no..

Thanksgiving is first! You're in a Thanksgiving mood today.
GG1.gif

Be like Sarah Palin, eat dead turkey. Focus on that. Then it's Christmas!
(poor Thanksgiving. it always gets left out in favor of Christmas)

found you!!!!:wave:

:wave: Glad that you made it.

My girl's Catholic School holds breakfast with Santa every year and it's always packed. Tickets are only $4!! They also hold a Santa Secret Shop at school.

We also have Breakfast with Santa and Santa's Secret Shop. The kids love it and it is a nice fundraiser too. DD is also in a Catholic School.

:thumbsup2 Oh that's good to here! :goodvibes

Only $4!!! Wow that's great!

I remember in HS we had a Christmas Bazaar, too. It was a public HS. We sold ornaments, wreaths, and other stuff. And one of the senior guys got to dress up as Santa for pics. Some of us were Elves. :rolleyes1

No, no, no, no, no..
Thanksgiving is first! You're in a Thanksgiving mood today.
GG1.gif

Be like Sarah Palin, eat dead turkey. Focus on that. Then it's Christmas!
(poor Thanksgiving. it always gets left out in favor of Christmas)

:wave: Glad that you made it.

OH YES YES YES!!!!

I have one of my fav Christmas movies on:

"Tis the season to be Jorry.......

Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra Ra......."

Who doesn't love "A Christmas Story" ! :santa:

OH YES YES YES!!!!

I have one of my fav Christmas movies on:

"Tis the season to be Jorry.......

Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra Ra......."

Who doesn't love "A Christmas Story" ! :santa:

Oh my gosh, honestly, I haven't seen that in years!

I want to be in a Christmas mood today. I have Christmas stuff to put in my siggie but I keep telling myself.. not until Friday.. not until Friday... Thanksgiving first.

OK. Question. Any ideas about what I should do in my Disney hotel room for Christmas? I'm there for Christmas by myself this year. Don't pity me - being alone for Christmas this year is by choice. I've lost some very important people in my life over the last couple of years, combine that with having a not very close extended family and a sister who is married to a Brit and is usually in England for the holidays.. last Christmas was very depressing for me and it didn't feel like Christmas or a family holiday at all. So, I'm trying something new this year - Disney for Christmas! So, should I decorate my room at all? I'm seeing that other DISer's do. I would love to order one of the little table top Christmas trees for my room from Disney florist but two of the three are at 300+ dollars each. There is one that is only 100+ dollars. That's a lot of money and then I'd have to ship it home. I don't think it's worth it but it still would be nice to have one.

And my take on this war against Christmas - if they want to take Christ out of Christmas then they should just abolish the holiday totally. We should all go to work or school that day and it should be just a normal day. No presents. No family meals. Nothing. Regardless what you believe, Christmas is called Christmas because it was a holiday formed to recognize Christ's birth. It doesn't mean that you have to believe in Christ - but that was the reason there is even a Christmas Day to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter