Consecutive stays at same resort can I stay in 1 room for both?

jp02

Mouseketeer
In September I will be using DVC points to stay at BLT if there is availability at 7 months. I will have to make 2 consecutive reservations and am wondering is Disney would let me link the reservations so that I could stay in the same room my entire trip. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

That would depend on their avilibilty. I would make sure you put a request, but it won't be a guarantee.

I've had several stays at Contemporary where I had two reservations. (Booked a short stay, and then a room opened up, allowing me to extend it). And I've never had to move. In fact, when I checked in, they just gave me a KTTW with the dates for the whole stay, printed on it.

I assume it's a lot easier, for them, because they don't have to turn the room over, that way.

I've had several stays at Contemporary where I had two reservations. (Booked a short stay, and then a room opened up, allowing me to extend it). And I've never had to move. In fact, when I checked in, they just gave me a KTTW with the dates for the whole stay, printed on it.

I assume it's a lot easier, for them, because they don't have to turn the room over, that way.

OP was asking about BLT, a DVC Villa, not the CR.
As PP stated, it depends on availability of the Villas. Once you book your 2 stays, call Member Services and ask to have the 2 reservations linked. Then upon check in (not on line check in) ask if you can stay in the same villa. They do try to accommodate this request, but it is not guaranteed. Even if you can you may have to check back in the morning of your second stay.

Are th
In September I will be using DVC points to stay at BLT if there is availability at 7 months. I will have to make 2 consecutive reservations and am wondering is Disney would let me link the reservations so that I could stay in the same room my entire trip. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

Are these your points or did you rent from someone. If they are your points there shouldn't be a problem just call MS. If they are rented points from two different owners then they would have to do a conference call with all the owners.

They are my points from 2 different accounts. I'm trying to decide if I should split stay or stay in BLT the whole time. It would be easier to not have to move.

Just have MS link the reservations when you make them. I wouldn't sweat it. We have 2 nights booked (one via rented points, one via our own points) at WL next week and we did a conference call to link the reservations and MS said there would be no problem at all staying in the same room.

If you book the same resort AND the same room type, you can request to stay in the same room on consecutive reservations. It is not guaranteed, but they will try to accomodate you.

If both reservations are on your own points, you can call Member Services and have the reservations merged, if they are the same resort, the same room type and made by the same member. Then it will be one single reservation. If you rented both reservations from the same member, the member can call and have them merged. If they are made by different members, you can have the reservations linked - the issue with this is that you have to have both members call to do this - or the last time I had reservations like this I went to the front desk to check in and asked them to keep the same room. It was still necessary to check out and then check back in.

We were accommodated at BCV last August with a consecutive reservation in our hotel room. Be aware though, that it will still be viewed as a "split stay" for DDP purposes. Your credits will expire on the night of "check out" on the first reservation. We weren't aware of that and almost lost all the DDP credits we had been saving toward signature meals later in our stay. IT was a huge cluster actually. Lots of time spent at the front desk. This might not be an issue for you, but I wish someone had told us this earlier. They also said we needed to "check in and out" as well...for credit card purposes...so be aware of that when making plans. It was no big deal...but something to consider.

Good news is that you will get maid service on your first day of the 2nd reservation. If you do the DDP, you'll get an extra set of mugs!

yep, a split stay is separate reservations. if you have a DDP on the first reservation, the credits expire at midnight of the day you check out from the first reservation. They do not carry over any further into the second reservation. If you do this, make sure you plan to use all your dining credits.

They are my points from 2 different accounts. I'm trying to decide if I should split stay or stay in BLT the whole time. It would be easier to not have to move.
2 different use years/memberships, or 2 different resorts under the same membership?
if contracts are same use year (same names/membership), then the consecutive (identical villa) reservations are usually merged into a single reservation within a few days of booking (else MS can do it for you).
if 2 totally separate memberships, you can have MS note your request & other reservation info on each, and just make sure to ask again at the front desk.

if you make sure to note in advance (so room assigner knows), and reiterate upon arrival, you will most likely not have to move. of course, there is a very slight likelihood you still may have to, but this will greatly reduce it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter