Cons to tickets from Undercover Tourist?

Tickets from 3rd parties can't be upgraded from home.

Tickets purchased directly from disney, even if not part of a package, can be upgraded online

I’m glad I read this thread. I’m a new convert to UT, having used them once for Disney and once for Universal. I agree that they are excellent, and they do exactly as advertised. But it is nice to see the potential draw-backs explained. Like adding days to tickets requires in-person visit to add days. But in most cases, they will still be my go-to choice.

I always opt for actual physical tickets when they are available, and always buy well in advance. That's why I had to return some to UT last year; I had bought Universal buy 2 days get 1 free tickets, then the buy 2 days get 2 free promo came out, so I returned them all for the new deal.

Tickets bought from Disney as part of a package can be upgraded or downgraded as often as you want until check-in. Any third-party tickets can only be upgraded once you're there.

You can upgrade current-issue tickets purchased from UT in MyDisneyExperience in advance online or in the app. I just did it today.

Now, older Magic Your Way tickets can't be upgraded online or in the app, and I don't think it matters where you purchased them. I have some old MYW tickets I purchased from UT years ago and haven't yet used, and those don't show the option to change them in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter