• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connections ????

disneyfan551

Focusing on the FIGHT and not the FRIGHT! 🟠🙏
Help! I'm new to the site (and it is AWESOME by the way!!!), and I have a question
about the Connections certificates. Does anyone know if I go ahead and sign up for
the 30 day trial period, will they still be valid for my vacation at the end of April? It
really sounds like a great program. (what's the catch?)

Also, how long did it take you to receive them once ordered? If any of you have used
them, were you happy with the results??

Thanks for your help!

New to the board, but a long-time Disney Fan...
disneyfan551

Certificates ordered right now will expire at the end of May 2002 (they all read the same expiration date). You don't need to still be a member to use the certificates, only to order them. If you order a certain dollar amount of certificates (I think it's $50), they will be sent priority mail. I received mine (both times I ordered) in about 2 days!

The certificates worked well for us, especially at Pepper Market (one of our favorites, anyway). We never had any hassle or problem with them. We even split meals, using only one certificate.

Took

There is a yearly fee with Connections, $60.00 or so. So you need to factor that in as well. That is why we haven't joined as of yet, I don't think we would save that much since I only saw 4 restuarants that I wanted to go to and one wasn't that expensive to begin with.

You are allowed to sign up for a trial offer, which costs $1. During this time, you may use any of the features of the membership, including ordering vouchers for Disney. If you cancel the membership within 30 days, you don't pay the yearly fee. We intended to keep the membership and use it for a year but found that, except for the Disney restaurants, there was little in the Connections membership that we could use in our area. So, we cancelled before 30 days were up and paid only $1.

Thanks so much for your help! I think that I'm going to take a chance, and try the 30-day trial!

Can't wait for my trip! With these vouchers, and possibly a timeshare, we will save alot of $$$!

Tiffany:pinkbounc

I may be the only person on this whole board who actually knows where Whittier, North Carolina is (having been a Bryson City girl growing up!);)

I have been looking at Connections for quite some time now and just joined. I will be using my vouchers in February. What I did was look at Mary's Connections restaurant recommendations on www.mousesavers.com and then looked at the actual menus at www.wdwig.com and www.wdwinfo.com to look at the savings. Depending on where you eat you can save a ton (especially if you split a meal).

Good luck! (Go Maroon Devils!) :D

Just thought I'd let you know some recent experiences I had with Connections.

After reading the generally favorable posts over the past few months concerning Connections I joined Connections online (through MyPoints) about two weeks ago so that I could order discounted Parkhopper Plus tickets.

A few hours later I called a "toll" number and proceeded to ask several questions and verified prices etc.; no problems and quick transfer to a supervisor. Evidently only a supervisor can actually sell tickets over the phone based on my experience. We were not ready to actually buy at that time.

On 1/21 I called back, ready to order tickets. I had to call a "toll" number again since our information packet with the toll-free info hadn't arrived yet. After a lengthy wait someone eventually transferred me to a supervisor who tried several times to get my charge through on American Express (for the double miles promotion available on my card right now) for the 4 parkhopper plus tickets but for some reason nothing worked. He suggested trying the next day. I asked for a toll free number which he gave me.

On 1/22 I called the toll-free number but was informed by their automated system that "my account had been cancelled"! So again, I had to call the "toll" number and waited almost 10 minutes before a very "clueless" person finally checked the system and told me something I already knew: my account WASN'T cancelled! She was very slow in figuring out what to do and as she talked I could hear her trying to get the attention of a supervisor (Alex) but finally giving up. She eventually said she would connect me to another supervisor but I ended up connected to someone's voice mail. I then redialed and ended up on hold for at least 5 more minutes. Remember this was all on my money! When I finally got a human voice I did CANCEL for real; carefully getting the person name and ID#.

While I realize that everything I experienced is part of the perils of any modern phone system and that I may have experienced a bad day or two my husband and I both agreed that any business that we were going to give almost $1000.00 to sight unseen needs to give us better customer service and higher quality control!

I wish others better luck!

Klmall- sorry about your experience, that does not sound like much fun!

I just ordered 10 Quick and casual vouchers and 8 Kingdom Lunches. The transaction went smooth, and my operator was very helpful. I will let everyone know how they worked.

$60/yr to save a couple of bucks on a few meals? Sounds gimmicky. Seems to me you'd do better using DC's, WDW & USF APs and local Entertainment book discounts, rather!

>>$60/yr to save a couple of bucks on a few meals? Sounds gimmicky. Seems to me you'd do better using DC's, WDW & USF APs and local Entertainment book discounts, rather!<<

The Connections program is good at a number of places - not just Disney - but at any rate for the meals anyway - the aboved named possible other discounts wouldn't apply.

Liz

Remember that you don't have to join for the whole year. You can join with the trial member ship and only pay $1.00 then cancel if you don't think you'll find any need for it any more. We saved quite a bit of money using Connections because we not only bought meal vouchers, but we also purchased our park hoppers from them. With seven people, it added up. We also found the offer they have for movie tickets to be moneysaving. So, we saved more than just a few bucks.

The "big money" restaurant we want to do next trip is California Grill. Can i use Connections voucher there?

I need help!!!! I went to the connection web site and it didn't tell me much about the connections program. I don't understand it. How would i find out where i can eat in disney. I don't want to buy them if they will be a waste. It didn't say anything about disney. Can anyone tell me ?

For annesteere -- Connections vouchers are not good at California Grill

For juicefruit - The Connections website doesn't really give much information about the program until you are a member and can sign in and really see everything -- but to learn more about it you should go to mousesavers.com -- there is a good description of the program there and every thing that qualifies. Also search on the budget board and the restaurants board for connections posts - there is a ton of information here.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter