Connections Membership

Dreamflght,

Please head over to the Cruise Line Discussion board here at the DIS - you'll find TONS of great info to help you with your planning of your cruise next summer. Are you going on the eastern or western route? We went on the eastern route in May and had the most wonderful 7 days of vacation - DCL does it right!!! The idea of asking for a complimentary upgrade is nice but not very likely. DCL sails near capacity and upgrades are only occasional and are offered rather than given by request. We had a verandah and LOVED it - you won't be sorry you spent the money! Don't miss Palo (the adult only restaurant) for brunch, tea and/or dinner - the BEST food on the boat and a romantic atmosphere too. The cruise requires its own kind of planning so be sure to read up on excursions, shows, etc. so that you can make the most of your vacation.

Chris1gill,

You should really try a cruise one more time. There are so many more treatments now for seasickness that many who used to get very ill can now cruise without any problems at all. You could start with a 3 or 4 day cruise just to see how you'd respond and go from there. DCL's ships are so large and have such wonderful stabilizing equipment that you can hardly tell you are moving most of the time. DCL offers such a terrific Disney vacation - I think everyone should try it - lol!!!

chris1gill!!

Yes...VERO is so beautiful! You have got to take a trip there...definitely worth the visit. I agree with "akasleepingbeauty"....you must try the Disney Cruise! These ships are SO huge...and with the stabilizers-I've heard you don't even realize you're on a ship! It's smooth sailing...I can hardly wait! We are in a category 5 stateroom with the veranda, midship locale, on the side (port or starboard-can't recall which one it's called!)which faces the castatway cay island! Thanks so much for the info, I didn't think the free upgrade seemed feasible here! That's why, especially with Disney rumors, you can't believe everything you hear. We are pleased to have this part of the trip secured. I'm still working on the rest...back to counting pennies (hehe):p
Take care all......TTFN

I've joined Connections but cannot find the Disney restaurant food vouchers talked about here. Help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Joy

UGH!! I can't remember what their website menu looks like in my head.... I think it was listed under "theme parks" or something like that!! They are definitely there though!! Keep searching their different options on the menu!!

Go to www.connections123.com
Log on with your membership ID number and zip code
Click near the top of the next screen on "Attractions"
Click from the menu down along the left on WDW Resort
Scroll down along the left again and look for meal certificates (I think)
Then click in the center section on Lunch, Breakfast, etc.

It does not list all of the restaurants though. I think that www.mousesavers.com has the list posted.

Did you find them?

does anyone know if you can use the vouchers for dinner.
we want to do a fantasmic dinner and these would be great.
:D

Hi, are the expiraton dates on the food vouchers still May 2002. If they are does anyone know when the new dates will be out and when they expire. Thanks

The sit down lunch vouchers cannot be used for dinner unfortunately... they can be used for a late lunch however... The 10.50 voucher can be used for either lunch or dinner, but that's only for the takeout places (except Beaches & Cream, you can sit there).....

I think I read that the current expiration date is still May 2002.....

How many of you have kept with the connections program? I have until this Sunday to cancel this membership. I have already purchased 4-$29 vouchers, 2-$10.50 vouchers, and 2-restaurant vouchers.

Do you think this is a good program to keep? I can get movie tickets from my work. I can get Blockbuster certificates at Blockbuster. We really do not go out to eat much due to I am constently saving for trips to WDW. So I really do not know if I will keep using the program or not I have no idea.

Help is needed on this.

I canceled after the one month trail period was up. It was quick and easy.

I plan to join again as soon as the dates on the vouchers change. Our next
trip is in August. I plan to get a bunch of the meal vouchers and several
movie tickets.

be sure it amounts to at least $10.50 or it is not worth using the certificate.
They are best used for dinner at CSR's Peppermarket & BC's Beaches and Cream being your best choices but we also found them to be good values at PO's Riverside & French Quarter food courts too. They entitle you to dessert too which you can have packed to go to enjoy later back at your resort which is what we did most nights (doesn't work with ice cream LOL!)

We did use these certificates for son 13 yrs dinners but not for 11 yr daughter because she is content with just a pasta dish or chicken fingers which does not amount to $10.50 and therefore, it made sense to pay cash for her.

I understand how these vouchers work and how you can save $$. Now the $29 lunch ones,
what hours are considered lunch?

Thanks

The lunch hours may vary by individual restaurant but generally lunch is from 11am/12noon until 3pm. You'd need to verify with the restaurant or Disney Dining. The lunch vouchers would be valid during a restaurant's normal lunch hours.

I think most of the theme park restaurants have lunch priority seating right up til 3:45... the hotels have more individualized times... I know the Concourse Steakhouse over at the Contemporary has a 2:00pm closing time for lunch...

Just wanted to mention to one of the posters, wondering whether or not to cancel her membership.... If you shop at Toys R Us or Kids R Us... this is a really good deal as well.... You buy 100.00 worth of gift certificates, the next month you get 20 back... so that's essentially a 20% discount off Toys/Kids R Us... pretty good :) I'm actually planning to join back up in April (and pay) Because sometime around June we usually spend a lot at Kids R Us.... We'll keep that membership for a year at that time...

I bit the bullet and joined Connections today. I was actually pretty impressed with the non-Disney discounts. When we eat out, it's usually at Red Lobster or Olive Garden. We are big book buyers, too - so saving 20% at Barnes and Noble and Borders is great. We've been renting a lot of DVD's lately, so saving 20% at Blockbuster (gift cards) will come in handy. I think we will at least break even, and possibly come out way ahead.

As for the WDW discounts - I plan to order a 7-day PHP. I can't decide if I want to get any of the quick and casual lunch vouchers or the breakfast vouchers.

When I joined Connections we were going for the meal vouchers and while I was ordering those I also ordered Red Lobster and Outback dinner certificates. At the end of the month I decided to cancel this membership due to we don't go out much due to I am always saving for WDW vacations. We do not have small children. We do go to blockbuster but I can get the gift cert's there. We really do not shop much at the stores they advertised.

hockeymom, thanks I did find all the info. Whew, it really was there, I just couldn't put my cursor on it, hehehe. thanks again...

Joy

The chain restaurants don't use vouchers. You are buying $10 gift cards with a 20% rebate to your credit card at the end of the month. There's a limit of 10-$10 gift cards per restaurant per membership. Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze and Smokey Joe's are all Darden restaurants, so you should be able to use gift cards from one restaurant at another chain in that family. I've used an Olive Garden card at Red Lobster, so I'm assuming it works at the other two chains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter