Connecting rooms "guarantee" caution

So we're you refunded when given a standard when you had booked preferred? They gave me $$ back for my room swap because I guess POFQ rooms were cheaper than the royal rooms I had paid for...even though they were not available in the promotion we booked under.

That stinks op.

Personally I think it is really bizarre that Disney cannot honor this. At no other hotel have I had a problem in getting connecting rooms, I don't know why Disney can't figure this out.

That stinks op.

Personally I think it is really bizarre that Disney cannot honor this. At no other hotel have I had a problem in getting connecting rooms, I don't know why Disney can't figure this out.
Been saying this for yrs but I also know the reason, they want you to "upgrade" and pay more for family suites or villas

I have two rooms (3 actually) for 8 (13) people in a couple of weeks.
If I wanted guaranteed to together then I have to go villa for about double the price as two rooms

Of course. But given the choice between a value family suite and two connected value rooms some families would prefer four real beds. It's about the same cost. They could certainly put some restrictions on guaranting connecting rooms (only when booked a certain time period out for example) but it is crummy that they won't do it at all.

There's no real equivalent family suite option at the moderate level right? Except for the cabins which is a totally different animal.

We are a Family of six and really feel left with few options because of this rule.

Walt Disney World offers the option of cabins, family suites, suites, and villas for large parties. Very likely tgey expect the adults booking rooms to be aware of the options available, but that doesnt equate to wantng guests to upgrade. Connecting rooms have never been guaranteed. Most likely they expect large parties to adapt - split the party equally between two rooms when a connecting door ends up not being available.

Yes we are aware of the no guarantee of connecting rooms. Most on this thread are aware.

I don't have to like though! We just stayed at the cabins and it was fine. Other than that and the value suites, the other options you mentioned cost quite a bit more than two rooms at the same resort.

Why a grand villa? Surely a 2 bedroom sleeps as many as connecting rooms?
Because a two bedroom villa sleeps eight or nine plus one under the age of three. This family has eight kids. Once they are all three or older, they exceed the occupancy of a two bedroom and need a grand villa.

That stinks op.

To be honest we have had issues with connecting rooms in many hotel chains not just Disney. Orlando is well set up but we found California to be a nightmare nice you go over two kids.

Unless Disney were to block out rooms as they are booked, or make connecting rooms a bookable category, thereis no way to guarantee them to any extent. And if they made them something guests could book you can bet they would charge for it. And they stilll would not be 100% guaranteed. Nothing on a resort reservation is.

Disney reservation CMs have told me connecting rooms are guaranteed in the past and the reservation said guaranteed. I chickened out due to all the comments on this forum as I didn't want to start my vacation with a problem. I feel it's misleading to say guaranteed and customers should be told it's a request only.

Connecting Rooms are MUCH more likely to be available in the Value Resorts simple because of the much larger inventory.:)

Connecting Rooms are MUCH more likely to be available in the Value Resorts simple because of the much larger inventory.:)
And we decided two weeks ahead to move from POP to a Mod, one of my stipulations to our TA was that I did not want to make the move if it would mess up our chance to get connecting rooms...she assured me that it wouldn't. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. We checked in around 3:30, so we weren't late in the evening. I'm not sure what we'll try next time, it may be back to 100% offsite for us, or come up with $$$$ for DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter