• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecting Rooms - Different Check In Days

lifebybethany

Mouseketeer
Any success with requesting connecting rooms and having different check in dates?? We've got some people coming in a few days later than the original party - I do have young kids involved but technically they can all be in the one room w the parents so I'm not sure that will help me. Thanks!
Bethany

Possible but not probable. They are not going to let a room sit empty for a night or two to allow for a connecting request, especially since you are different families. Perhaps you could room change on their arrival date to get the connects if that is a priority. Not going to say it won't happen, but if they need the room, they won't leave it empty to honor a request. It will also depend on where you are staying. If it is a value where they have literally a thousand rooms and fewer room categories (hopefully you both booked the same category), it may work out. FIngers crossed!

They are not going to let a room sit empty for a night or two to allow for a connecting request
It doesn’t have to sit empty, but does require coordinating that the OP gets a room next door to someone checking out in a day or two (before the 2nd group arrives). I’m going to say definitely possible, but it may depend on how well the room-assignors can align multiple parties like that.

I have requested this many times prior to arrival and it has never worked. We are always on the same door but never have connecting rooms as requested. I have rectified this problem by doing the following....

Whoever arrives first needs to ask them to configure the rooms before you check in. Ask to speak to the manager in the back room who can help you get connecting rooms.

Good luck!

It doesn’t have to sit empty, but does require coordinating that the OP gets a room next door to someone checking out in a day or two (before the 2nd group arrives). I’m going to say definitely possible, but it may depend on how well the room-assignors can align multiple parties like that.
True, in the good old days I was once a room assigner and it can be very difficult to do. Especially if they don’t have well trained CM’s. But not impossible, I agree!

My BFF and her sister were arriving 2 days after my daughter and I. We linked our reservations via our TA and requested rooms close to each other not really expecting it to work out due to the differing arrival dates.
We didn’t get connecting rooms but we did get adjoining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter