• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecting Rooms at Swan/Dolphin?

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
I've been reading in several places that Disney won't guarentee connecting rooms at booking for their hotels. What about the Swan or Dolphin? Anyone have any experience booking a guaranteed connecting room?

Thanks!

I booked connecting rooms at the Swan in 2012 and got them. As far as I know, they were considered guaranteed.

I have booked guaranteed connecting rooms at the Dolphin under a "Love your Family" discount. However, I am not sure that they still offer this guarantee? The wording on the booking details has changed. Before it read "guaranteed connecting rooms' but now it says 'Connecting rooms subject to availability'. I would call and ask if the connecting rooms are guaranteed.

In the past, we have requested connecting rooms (AAA discount) and always ended up getting connecting rooms, but that may be luck.

We were going to get connecting rooms at the dolphin, but the agent suggested a suite instead. It was cheaper, only 1 resort fee instead of 2. The room has a bedroom with king size bed, living area with pullout sofa, dining table and chairs and a king size Murphy bed with 2 bathrooms. I don't knowt the configuration of your party is, but might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

We were going to get connecting rooms at the dolphin, but the agent suggested a suite instead. It was cheaper, only 1 resort fee instead of 2. The room has a bedroom with king size bed, living area with pullout sofa, dining table and chairs and a king size Murphy bed with 2 bathrooms. I don't want the configuration of your party is, but might be worth looking into.

Thanks! I will definitely price that out. We like have extra 'living space' and that sounds perfect. :)

We were going to get connecting rooms at the dolphin, but the agent suggested a suite instead. It was cheaper, only 1 resort fee instead of 2. The room has a bedroom with king size bed, living area with pullout sofa, dining table and chairs and a king size Murphy bed with 2 bathrooms. I don't knowt the configuration of your party is, but might be worth looking into.

Interesting!!

This might be something my family would be interested in booking. Would you mind sharing some details? Such as:
Which floor was the suite located on? Did it have a balcony with a view of the fireworks?
Any information is much appreciated. Any charge for extra adults?
Thank you for sharing!!!

Interesting!!

This might be something my family would be interested in booking. Would you mind sharing some details? Such as:
Which floor was the suite located on? Did it have a balcony with a view of the fireworks?
Any information is much appreciated. Any charge for extra adults?
Thank you for sharing!!!

We actually leave in about 10 days, so I will have to report back once we check in on the 22nd. Also, we only have 2 adults in the room, the other 3 are under 18.

The suite is a great idea to consider!
We've had guaranteed connecting rooms, if I recall correctly. I think it was a few more points or a fee? I forget!

As far as I know, they were considered guaranteed.

1) NO room-type or location at WDW is guaranteed.
. . . regardless what the phone-ressie person says
. . . regardless what it states on your confirmation letter
. . . even the resort can be changed
2) Requests are always tried to be met, however.

The Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney, rather they are Starwood properties. They have a guaranteed connecting room category; I've had it before, but it cost extra.

A few years ago I looked into a Deluxe Alcove room at the Dolphin. It sounded a lot like the one described, but I'm not sure about the 2nd bathroom. But with the teacher discount, it priced out about the same as a Disney moderate.

Then I got either a discount or a pin code that put the Beach Club at the same price point, so we cancelled the Dolphin. But it's something to ask about. The only hitch is that you need to speak to a rep at the Dolphin; pricing info is pretty scarce on their website.

I think the alcove rooms at the Swan and Dolphin are like junior suites; one larger room with one bathroom but extra sitting space. And I agree about calling - the website will list only some of the available room types. Suites you definitely have to call about.

They have a guaranteed connecting room category;

1) Even on their confirmations it states exceptions: ". . . important to note that not all requests are awarded . . ."
2) With over 4½-million domestic and international air miles, I have never seen a hotel absolutely guarantee a room-type.
3) There are too many reasons why a room or room-type might not be available.
. . . mechanical
. . . electrical
. . . plumbing
. . . current guests do not vacate on-time
. . . lack of cleaning/maid manpower

NOTE: All resorts attempt to honor requests, but even paid-ressies are not always kept as reserved.

I'm not disputing what you're saying, but this was not a WDW CM. I go through Starwood when making reservations. It may still not be 100% guaranteed, but it's a whole different animal than a WDW reservation.

Agreed. Disney has no guarantee for connecting rooms, but Starwood does. Of course anything can happen; you can even be walked to another resort. Most likely scenario at the Swan or Dolphin is that they'd move you to the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter