• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connecting room a medical necessity?

Lillypug

Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!
Hi. We leave in 11 days for POFQ. My 6 year old is in a w/c and my parents are coming along with dh and my sons. My parents are a BIG help with Noah (my 6 year old) and I have considered calling WDW special needs to request our rooms being connected due to them assisting us with Noah. (Our ressies are cross refrenced but I wanted more of a gurantee than just a request KWIM?) Would this be justified and ok? I can't imagine how difficult it would be if they were in a different building etc. What do you guys think?

It certainly doesn't hurt to request it. My guess is that even if they can't get connecting rooms, which I understand are tight, are often go to families with only 1 adult, they should be able to get you adjoining rooms which would be almost as good in your situation.

Mickey'snewestfan said:
It certainly doesn't hurt to request it. My guess is that even if they can't get connecting rooms, which I understand are tight, are often go to families with only 1 adult, they should be able to get you adjoining rooms which would be almost as good in your situation.
I agree. Doesn't hurt to ask. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys. I spoke to special services and told them why we needed either connecting rooms or rooms right next door to each other and they said it was not a problem. :)

make sure and call the hotel about 3 days ahead of time and specify again what you want and why. We just got back from a great trip at Disneyland, we stayed at the DL hotel. I called the hotel directly the morning we were flying out. The CM changed my room assignment while we were on the phone. I even knew what building we were in. They were very understanding about having connecting rooms due to medical reasons.

Olallamom said:
make sure and call the hotel about 3 days ahead of time and specify again what you want and why. We just got back from a great trip at Disneyland, we stayed at the DL hotel. I called the hotel directly the morning we were flying out. The CM changed my room assignment while we were on the phone. I even knew what building we were in. They were very understanding about having connecting rooms due to medical reasons.
We found this to be totaly true! We're in the same situation as you (DD's 9 now) and hotels in general have always been really great about flagging our reservations with this note. I always call 3 days in advance and really stress how important it is that the rooms be connecting. I wouldn't tell them that just next to each other is okay. You're not being unreasonable at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter