Connecting Flights

bbrnca

addiction r bad unless a Mickey one
Well booked my flights from YYZ to SNA and i have a 1h18min. layover in Chicago. Now from what i read this was a mistake and should have picked another layover airport instead as my United flight will land at Terminal 5 in ORD and i will have to go through Immigration again and claim my bags and re-check and TSA again. from anyone's experience flying into ORD for a layover is this correct ? I will gladly pay the re-booking fee to land in SFO or DEN.

Well booked my flights from YYZ to SNA and i have a 1h18min. layover in Chicago. Now from what i read this was a mistake and should have picked another layover airport instead as my United flight will land at Terminal 5 in ORD and i will have to go through Immigration again and claim my bags and re-check and TSA again. from anyone's experience flying into ORD for a layover is this correct ? I will gladly pay the re-booking fee to land in SFO or DEN.

You will definitely NOT go through immigration again or reclaim your luggage. Possible you may need to clear security if their isn’t an airside transfer.

ETA - I don't think you will land in T5, that's the international terminal and flights from Canada (where you've pre-cleared at the departure airport, which you will have done), land as if they are domestic US flights. So, you'll land in T1 (maybe T2). I've done a similar transit (US-US-Canada and back) and did not have to re-do security in either direction.

Some good discussion on FlyerTak -https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/536372-consolidated-connection-time-logistics-domestic-international-ord-65.html

Last edited:
I fly through O'Hare a couple times a year from Calgary. Next to Toronto, it's my least favorite airport to connect in, but it's really my only option a lot of the time. It's really a toss up of which gate you will arrive/depart at. I have never had to clear security again after arriving at O'Hare.

All that being said, 1 hour and 17 minutes is a tight window, but doable. Your gate could be a two minutes walk or a twenty minute sprint. If it's an early morning flight you should be fine as those ones tend to be one-time, but if there is any weather system in the area, you never really know (but I guess that's the case anywhere).

I'd stick with the booking. I love connecting if Denver, but it would add a lot of extra, unnecessary travel time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter