Connecting flights & hand luggage query

scoobee

Earning My Ears
I'm catching a flight from Manchester to MCO tomorrow, via JFK. With regard to hand luggage and liquid items at JFK, will these be confiscated or are they ok as long as they're less than 100ml and in a clear plastic bag?

Thanks -am in midst of last minute packing panic!

It is the same restriction on liquids in the US except they measure it as 3 oz, which is approximately 100ml. It also needs to be in the clear plastic. If you are just taking through what you did on your first flight, as long as you aren't planning to add to it at Duty Free/airside between the MAN security check and the JFK one, you should have no problems.

Thank you - you're spot on. I just checked in online and followed the link to the TSA's regulations where they explained it fully as you describe.

Rather worryingly when I checked in the flight to New York is overbooked, so the airline are looking for 'volunteers' with flexible travel arrangements to switch. Think my arrival at the airport tomorrow just got even earlier...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter