Connecting balconies

TinkGirl

DIS Veteran
Do all balconies on the Dream have the potential to connect to the stateroom next to them? Just wondering. We are just off the dream and met a family who was able to have their balconies adjoin.

Do all balconies on the Dream have the potential to connect to the stateroom next to them? Just wondering. We are just off the dream and met a family who was able to have their balconies adjoin.
Almost all verandahs on the Dream & Fantasy do connect. Except for some on deck 10.

Our connecting balconies on 9th deck on the Dream opened. We requested our room host to open them and he did it while we were out.

Yes, they not self serving like connecting stateroom doors. You will have to ask you host to do this for you.

I'm pretty sure none of the deck 10 port and starboard rooms have connecting verandahs, because their walls are structural. Ours (10512/10514) had an oval shaped man door between the two to allow maintenance to get from verandah to verandah without having to go inside, but that was it. I was actually pretty disappointed with it, but that's what I get for booking VGT.

I'm pretty sure none of the deck 10 port and starboard rooms have connecting verandahs, because their walls are structural. Ours (10512/10514) had an oval shaped man door between the two to allow maintenance to get from verandah to verandah without having to go inside, but that was it. I was actually pretty disappointed with it, but that's what I get for booking VGT.
Some of the dividers on deck 10 do open, here's the divider on the other side of our verandah (opposite side from the non-opening one I posted earlier), you can see the latch on the edge by the rail.
verandah 2 fantasy 2014 opening verandah 20090 P1030231 1500.jpg

I believe the non-opening ones are about every 2nd or 3rd one (due to the superstructure of the ship).

The forward ones don't open. At least they didn't on either side of us. We were forward of the forward elevator bank. It may have to do with there being several decks overhead at that point.

We had 3 veranda cabin dividers opened on the Fantasy last week. Cabins 6632, 6634, 6636
I also posted pic of the obstruction that some complain about on some verandas. We had absolutely no issue with the obstruction, even when the veranda dividers were closed. It just did not detract from the view at all for us.

DSCF1965 (800x600).jpg DSCF1965 (800x600).jpg DSCF1967 (800x600).jpg DSCF1971 (800x600).jpg
DSCF1839 (800x600).jpg DSCF1840 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter