Conjuring Meal Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfan1968

Ordinary Pig
So if you can use a child QS credit to order an "adult meal" for a child now (and apparently have been able to for a while) then you could certainly create extra QS meals for adults pretty easily, could you not?

For Example: At POR Riverside Mill Food Court there are some pretty enormous pasta bowls. You could use a child credit to order one of these for your kids, split the meal between them, and thus come out of that QS meal one credit ahead. Then say, a few days later, on a day you thought you were going to have to buy a QS meal out of pocket, you could use said credit to avoid doing so (and yes, I know you must use all credits use it by midnight of the last day of your package).

That how it works? :)

Current rules state that Kid's meal credits must be used for kid's meals. IF the rumored changes to become official, then yes, that is how it would work.

Current rules state that Kid's meal credits must be used for kid's meals. IF the rumored changes to become official, then yes, that is how it would work.

I understand that current "rules" state such, but I am also hearing that I was oblivious to the fact that people have been ordering adult entrees for kids on the dining plan (QS only) for years. So my understanding is people can do this regardless of any official announcements.

Can anyone confirm that? And no need to be nervous... we're not talking about "breaking Disney rules." They obviously would have slammed shut that loophole ages ago if they objected to it.

Sometimes they could do it. Sometimes they were denied. Depends on what the CM at the register thought they should do. With the new rules all of that will go away, and you can use all CS credits exactly the same way for whatever type of meal you wish to order.

It's not quite the same, but I've had left over "kids CS credits" and used them at the boardwalk bakery for to-go adult CS lunches on check out day.

If we've had a long day in the park and we wait too long for lunch, they usually pass out in the stroller. Then I'd only buy 2 adult CS lunches.

And one time I ordered the fruit plate at Flame Tree because that's what my kid wanted. I figured it wasn't much more than the kids meal, and I even ordered milk with it and they were fine with it.

Can anyone confirm that? And no need to be nervous... we're not talking about "breaking Disney rules." They obviously would have slammed shut that loophole ages ago if they objected to it.
You are talking about "breaking Disney rules." And folks on the Dis won't tell you how to break the rules.

You are talking about "breaking Disney rules." And folks on the Dis won't tell you how to break the rules.

I am very sensitive to the fact that we don't give advice about breaking Disney rules on the Boards. Again, if Disney didn't want people doing this, they would have disabled the capability to do so a long time ago. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Sneaking kids in over age three for free... the guy who wanted to bring weed into the park for "medical reasons" etc. Those are people talking about breaking Disney rules. Using a credit in creative ways that DISNEY ITSELF allows is quite a different matter.

... people posting about buying a second set of magic bands in order to book an additional set of fast passes. That's breaking Disney rules.

... people regularly post about "throwaway rooms" on these Boards. I hate the idea. I think it's terrible behavior, but it is NOT against the rules, thus discussion of it is allowed. The question I asked above doesn't even begin to rise to that level in terms of being anti-social or subversive... sheesh.

During our 2012 and 2013 trips I was able to use in essence at child quick service credit to buy an adult meal on multiple occasions. I never once had an issue doing this even when it was just DS (7 at the time) and myself. I had learned here on the DIS that the quick service credits were not separated by adult and child they were just quick service credits. So your plan will work!

I am very sensitive to the fact that we don't give advice about breaking Disney rules on the Boards. Again, if Disney didn't want people doing this, they would have disabled the capability to do so a long time ago. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Sneaking kids in over age three for free... the guy who wanted to bring weed into the park for "medical reasons" etc. Those are people talking about breaking Disney rules. Using a credit in creative ways that DISNEY ITSELF allows is quite a different matter.
For some reason, those topics in the one section are allowed to stand. I can't say why.

But, as for the loophole; there are counter service restaurants that don't have kids menus. Disney has to deal with that somehow. That's why the loophole exists. But it's still a loophole, and the dining plan documentation is very clear about what's allowed.

For some reason, those topics in the one section are allowed to stand. I can't say why.

But, as for the loophole; there are counter service restaurants that don't have kids menus. Disney has to deal with that somehow. That's why the loophole exists. But it's still a loophole, and the dining plan documentation is very clear about what's allowed.

I appreciate the response. Much more of a dialogue. They only thing I would say about that is that programmers would tell you that their tech dept could easily earmark any meals they wanted as usable as either type of credit, solving that problem entirely. I still maintain that they leave that loophole open by choice. But who knows. I might be wrong, and so might you. We'll never know I suppose as the question will likely be moot by Thursday. :)

Since when? There are entire threads on how to "break the rules" at Disney....all of them boil my blood, btw

Ohhhh....if it is a "loophole" we are allowed to discuss it, even though it violates the spirit and intent of the rule.....now I am clear....smh

again.....should and can are too different ideas.

Since when? There are entire threads on how to "break the rules" at Disney....all of them boil my blood, btw
Threads discussing how to exploit loopholes only seem to remain open in the Theme Park forum. They get deleted everywhere else. I don't know why. They frustrate me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter