Congrats DCL, you priced us out!

Billinaz

Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!
As you can see from my signature, my family of 5 has sailed for the last decade in one bedroom suites.

I was about to book for March 2016, the same time frame as our previous sail dates.

I almost dropped the phone when the price came back at $21,837!!!!!!

Oh, and a meager deposit of $4400 !

Well, we wont be going on DCL.

Was this over a holiday? I have my family of 4 booked in an oceanview room and it's only $5000! Why was yours so much?

As you can see from my signature, my family of 5 has sailed for the last decade in one bedroom suites.

I was about to book for March 2016, the same time frame as our previous sail dates.

Concierge has been going up up up to dilly prices against the services you get, with limited rooms they seem to know they will sell out so charge what they want.

Yes the new ships have a concierge lounge but that's a lot of cash yo pay for unlimited good coffee.

Other cruise lines concierge suites can be 50% cheaper.

Do you have to sail concierge? I love concierge too but would sail in a 4A if the price was as much as you quoted. I love DCL more than I love concierge..

Also, I believe Easter is in March in 2016 so even though it's your usual sailing timeframe, in 2016 it may be occurring during a holiday period. And those prices are insane!

Do you have to sail concierge? I love concierge too but would sail in a 4A if the price was as much as you quoted. I love DCL more than I love concierge..

Yup! We quoted a cat V for our next cruise - came back at a little over 8K and even that was too much for us. We booked a 5C instead for less than half the price and will have just as much fun, if not more so since there will be zero guilty conscience about what else we can get with that money! :cool1:

I get that you love that one cabin, but maybe you could check out other cabins? Or a slighty different timeframe? Easter is running into the later March dates, causing higher prices for those.

For my BALTIC cruise in 2015 when I was told the concierge price I said No, and went for two cabins at Cat 5, which was considerably cheaper.....

Then a few days later changed my mind snd re booked the suite...

My TA had to go a lot of extra work,

For every person and cruise there is a price point people say no.

Well to give you a little idea of the change, this year cost us $10,714.60.

So they essentially DOUBLED it!

I checked the weeks around it, and the same price.

I understand price increases happen, but double?

Is it that Easter is earlier and therefore closer and school holidays?

March 5, 2016 Western on the Fantasy.

I was told the first week of March is Canada's Spring Break (not sure if she meant all or a certain province) and then many others chimed in that theirs was early March also.

I think that you got a steal for a 1 bedroom for 5 people on a 7 day fantasy. The Cat T one week before our August cruise was almost 14K for 2015..(For 3 people). I do on the other hand think that Disney has way out priced their concierge cabins. They are selling though shockingly.

Wow! That's unbelievable. We were in the Walt Suite last summer for $22k. This year, we are in a one bedroom suite, and it was $11,700 (with insurance). So yes.....that is DOUBLE the price in one year. That's insane!!

That was a good catch. They are charging only $5000 less than full peak summer. I took your info and priced out $13k for a Nov 15 cruise.
Then I looked I priced out getting 2 Cat 4A was around $10K.

My 2 cents I think DCL is getting better at raising pricing around holidays for US and now Canada. They even spike around US school holidays. Honestly I think they finally invested on a pricing model software like the airlines. I'm bummed they did by ours. I would have loved that Install.

Lots of other ships in the sea.

When I see these threads this week, it usually turns out the person posting has been pricing concierge staterooms or suites. Concierge will pretty much double your price. There are some other lines where it's a good bit less.

Initially DCL jacked up concierge pricing for 2015 during prime time and looks like they are extending that even further for 2016. It's very telling this time looking up pricing to add to the opening day threads because by the second day you NEVER used to see Rs available. There are lots of the top concierge suites still available during Easter weeks. I remember when there were wait lists for the Walt/Roy long before dates were even released.

I doubt the room will sit empty.

frankly Disney has not found the "high" price point on the ships, in the parks or in their resort rooms. To maximize profits they will continue to raise prices until they see a noticeable decline in attendance.

I believe that for the high end Staterooms and Resort Rooms Disney will continue to increase prices dramatically, because the reality that they are seeing is there are people that are willing to pay those higher prices. Until you(we) stop buying, they will keep raising. And unfortunately the the "small" groups that say they are priced out are being replaced by new people saying that they will pay.

Just saw an article stating that there have been a LOT of billionaires created over the last 7 years. They gotta spend their money somewhere

frankly Disney has not found the "high" price point on the ships, in the parks or in their resort rooms. To maximize profits they will continue to raise prices until they see a noticeable decline in attendance.

I believe that for the high end Staterooms and Resort Rooms Disney will continue to increase prices dramatically, because the reality that they are seeing is there are people that are willing to pay those higher prices. Until you(we) stop buying, they will keep raising. And unfortunately the the "small" groups that say they are priced out are being replaced by new people saying that they will pay.

Just saw an article stating that there have been a LOT of billionaires created over the last 7 years. They gotta spend their money somewhere

Not true for resort rooms - at least not at WDW. They have a real occupancy problem at their overpriced deluxe resorts right now. As a result, this is why they are converting sections of the deluxe resorts into DVC units. This way they lower the overall inventory of "regular" resort rooms to boost occupancy rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter