Confusion over taxi from POR to HDDR.. Please help clarify

MarylandMom

Earning My Ears
I am hoping that some experienced Dissers can help me. I have tried searching for an answer to my question in older posts, but have read conflicting answers. I am wondering if it would be best to take a taxi from POR to HDDR rather than taking the bus to MK and then a boat to Pioneer Hall. What will be the most efficient mode of transportation?

Some people have stated that taxis are not allowed to enter FW and therefore I would still need to take the internal FW bus to get to Pioneer Hall. Others have reported that they have taken a taxi directly to Pioneer Hall. Anyone know if a taxi can go directly to Pioneer Hall? I am trying to estimate travel time from POR and am looking for the fastest and most direct route.
We will be visiting in late September if that has any bearing.

Many many thanks for any advice!! I so appreciate all of the help I receive on the DIS!:goodvibes

Taxis are not supposed to be allowed into the campground, plus there is no parking or drop off area(except for the buses) near Pioneer Hall. That said it would still be faster to take the taxi to the front of FW and take the internal bus. The taxi ride should be about 5 min, and the bus to HDDR should be less than 10(just don't take the orange one). Taking a bus to MK(from Por) then the boat to FW, you should allow about an hour(that is true for most resort to resort trips).

Getting back to POR, if you attending the 2 or 3 shows Disney has buses lined up to take people home(one bus will serve several resorts). Or you can enjoy a relaxing boat ride to MK then get the bus. Taxis do not generally wait at FW so you would need to get to the front and then have the desk call one for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter