Confused...RPR fridge in all rooms?

Momma2PrinceNPrinces

DIS Veteran
Ok I'm really bewildered by this...
One of our children is on medication that needs to be refrigerated. So I call the hotel, they transfer me to reservations, who tells me EVERY single room in the resort has a mini fridge now? I call back and ask the front desk directly and was told "we have done renovations and every room has a mini fridge". I then tell her that based on my research only 1 tower has been renovated, to which I was told not to worry we would have a fridge, no request needed just tell them when we check in?!

She gave you wrong info. Only the renovated rooms have them....and that's Tower 1 only.

Definitely put the request for a medical fridge on your reservation.

my son and dil stayed at rpr in february and needed a fridge in the room for the insulin.

i made the reservation in my name for them and had a request for the fridge for medical purposes.

well, they checked in and didn't have the fridge listed on the ressie, or so i was told.
the front desk held the medicine for them in their fridge in the back room, which is normal procedure if your room is not ready.

it turned out fine and a fridge was in their room when they were texted it was ready for them to return.
sometimes a slip happens but you will get the fridge if in T2 or 3 when you go.

i'm assuming you are going soon so don't worry, they won't fail you.

Yea we're going in 2 weeks :yay:

Whew you guys made me feel better!! I knew they were wrong. And sadly the reservations rep said they had a meeting 2 months ago and were told the entire hotel has fridges in the rooms :scared:

I called to make a request of my reservation at Cabana Bay last week. The nice thing was, the guy on the phone wasn't sure about what I was requesting, asked me to hold and actually called someone to find out. Since they don't actually work in the resort, they don't always know everything.

BTW, what he told me was that they don't have any non-connecting standard rooms at CB. We prefer to have a room without...but that won't be happening at this resort, I guess.

Ok I'm really bewildered by this...
One of our children is on medication that needs to be refrigerated. So I call the hotel, they transfer me to reservations, who tells me EVERY single room in the resort has a mini fridge now? I call back and ask the front desk directly and was told "we have done renovations and every room has a mini fridge". I then tell her that based on my research only 1 tower has been renovated, to which I was told not to worry we would have a fridge, no request needed just tell them when we check in?!

When we went in April we had an unrenovated room. There was a fridge, but it was in a locked cabinet because it was a mini bar. We weren't even given a key for it...however, every day staff would knock on the door saying they needed to come in and check the mini bar. I told them to stop entering my room for that purpose since I didn't even have a key for the fridge!

When we went in April we had an unrenovated room. There was a fridge, but it was in a locked cabinet because it was a mini bar. We weren't even given a key for it...however, every day staff would knock on the door saying they needed to come in and check the mini bar. I told them to stop entering my room for that purpose since I didn't even have a key for the fridge!

It's not a fridge at all. It just keeps things slightly cool, just below room temp.

It's not a fridge at all. It just keeps things slightly cool, just below room temp.
Interesting, thanks for filling me in :) Who knew a fridge could be so confusing. I'm glad they are getting rid of whatever it is, because it took up a lot of room real estate. I had just assumed it was a fridge because the note by the $8 fiji water on the dresser said I could keep it cool in my fridge.

i wouldn't know about a note stating it was allowed to put the $8 bottle of water in the fridge.

when i check in, i always request the sale items be removed from the room and noted on my reservation.
only thing i have on my bedroom counter are the water glasses then.

I finally got someone to add a fridge to our room BUT was told even for medical reasons it's $15 a day :scared: So they are all sorts of messed up over at the hotel!!!!

I finally got someone to add a fridge to our room BUT was told even for medical reasons it's $15 a day :scared: So they are all sorts of messed up over at the hotel!!!!

don't worry about it.
when you check and tell them you need the fridge due to medical issues, there will be no surcharge for it.

I did tell them and the lady argued with me that it's $15 regardless of a medical need. I'll just have to deal with it when we get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter