Confused about when Dining Plan expires

mum

Earning My Ears
I have searched this but appear to be finding conflicting answers.

So if I stay for 5 nights and arrive at 4pm on my check in day I can start using the dining plan that evening, am I correct?

So after staying for 5 nights I get up on the 6th day , checkout day, but I have a late flight and plan to leave the bags with bell services and go back to the park until the afternoon so is my dining plans still valid for all of that day or has it run out at midnight on the 5th night?

Am I making any sense?

Have never used Dining Plan before and it seems really complicated but hopefully that's just *** I'm not familiar with it yet.

Thanks in advance

You can use as soon as you are checked-in. and PP is correct good untill 12midnight on day of check out. Remember though if you got the Standard Disney Dining Plan, it is 1 Counter Service, 1 Table Service & 1 Snack per night stay so on a 6day, 5night stay if you use one on arrival and plan on using one on the last day you will have one Dinner Out of Pocket.

"on day of checkout" can be confusing too, depending on how you take it. I usually (not all the time! I'm not very consistent) take it the way it's meant by both of the other posters, but others may take it differently (and, technically correctly) thinking it expires first thing that morning.

I typically say "Midnight AFTER checkout" to clear up this confusion.

/steps off soapbox
/trips and falls and smacks his head.

So yeah...

Once you start using it, it's a piece of cake. There's lots of little things that can trip you up if you're not used to the lingo, but it's actually VERY easy to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter