Confused about REAS!

Macnjac87

got disney?
Help. I am confused a bit about the REAS package. After doing a search on these boards and also reading all my handy dandy cruise books (Passporter; Unofficial Guide and Birnbaum) I decided to add the package. We booked our cruise thru AllSeasonsTravel so I gave them a call. The rate for 2005 cruises has gone up from 299 to 339. That's ok. The part I don't get is that All Seasons told me DCL would call me about 30 days before departure to make my PALO ressies and spa ressies. They didn't take down my requests. Then I called DCL directly to see their view. The CM said that I make my PALO ressies when I get on board, same with the massage appointment. She said that wasn't part of the REAS package; I had to stand in line once on board and make the ressies myself. Now, that's half the reason I wanted to package; to get this stuff out of the way before I cruise. Does anyone have any insight into this? I read on the boards about "Debbie" at DCL who handles these things; can I call her (we are about 5 months out) or wait for DCL to call me?

Thanks all!

I can answer half your question, I think. Someone we cruised with last week has the REAS and I know for sure that they had thier reservations made before they boarded. Not sure how far out you can book but I am sure someone else on here will know.

I thought about adding the REAS package to our last cruise and asked Dreams Unlimited about it. In the end we didn't go for it but I do know that Sue Ellen at Dreams asked us to let her know what times we wanted if we decided to book so I assume that TA's can make ressies on your behalf.

Once you have the REAs package, YOU can call Debbie and request what you want. You don't need to wait for Disney to call you (and if they did then, you wouldn't have much choices since everyone else has already booked!!!)

One of the benefits of REAs is to get those reservations made ahead of time and then you wouldn't be on line when you get there.

So, call Debbie 407-566-7411 and she'll help you out. She is a doll and will bend over backwards!

Good Luck!

d

I will be traveling in March 2005, and am also interested in the REAS package. I too am looking to book this package because of the ability to reserve before the cruise date. I do have a quick question however, does anyone know whether the cost of the dinner at Palo's is included in the package cost? I have read several entries about the package, some indicate it is included while others do not indicate it is. Thanks for the information!::MinnieMo

I made my REAS reservation through DU, and they immediately sent me an email explaining all the goodies that go with it, including complimentary reservations for Palo Brunch and Tea, which are not part of the package. I responded with the dates and times I wanted each event, and they took care of the rest. Sent me an email confirming times and dates for each reservation. Surprised All Seasons doesn't do the same. The whole process with DU took about two days from start to finish. Another plus for DU!!!

REAS includes the following:

 dinner at Palo (with advance reservations)

 romantic turndown service (done on Palo evening)

 champagne breakfast in bed (scheduled after you board the
ship)

 a spa treatment from a selection of two (a couple Well-Being massage or a Couple Spa Taster (which is a back of legs, back, neck and shoulder massage followed by a facial booster.)

 a gift basket that will be waiting in your stateroom when you board the ship (that has champagne, a photo album and chocolates.)

Your travel agent should book these for you (if you are booked with a travel agent) however I know that not all TAs provide the same services so you should check with your agent to be certain. I can answer for a fact that Dreams Unlimited will book these for you if you are a client of Dreams and have the REAS package added to your cruise.

I hope this helps.
Sue Ellen

Debbie told me about a week ago to call back in January. I'm sailing first week in April 2005. They didnt have the 2005 REAS times set just yet and was quick to assure they really want to book us REAS participants as early on as possible. Soooo....;

I just make it a habit to call about once a month. Will probably call a couple times in December. Want to sneak in as soon as possible. Just because I wanna get this thing booked and done with!

From what I've read from previous REAS participants you make your massage ressies, Palo ressies, and can even request the dining rotation (not guaranteed though). I'm not sure if you book the breakfast up front or when you're on board.

Just a note about having your TA make your reservations for you. I have nothing against doing it that way for those that choose, however, I chose to call Debbie myself. By doing that, I was able to let her offer me an assortment of times for the Spa and then choose the one I thought would work out the best. I would just hate the idea of having to go back and forth with a TA if the time I wanted wasn't available.

Debbie is wonderful to work with and probably the most helpful customer service person with whom I have dealt.

BTW, we made our Palo and Spa reservations 4 months before our cruise date, and before it was paid for completely. The CMs seem to have bad information on the advance reservations with REAS.

Thank you all for responding so quickly. That's why I love this board. I will call Debbie and see if I can get the ressies taken care of. I would just like to know that its done!

Hokie- the cost of the REAS package does cover the PALO service charge. It doesn't cover the gratuity for the massages or room service gratuity for the breakfast in bed.

How far in advance can you call Debbie to book the spa & Palo?

Im doing a West Coast cruise and Im waiting to see what the dining rotation is (formal/semi formal nights) to see what night we want to do Palo.

Would waiting until 3 months in advance be too late or do you need to be clcoser to your sailing date to book this stuff?

Currently none of the 2005 sailings are ready for advance booking of Spa/Palo. They should be opening up soon.

Keep in mind that since you are pre-booking, while there are a limited number of time slots available, it is unlikely that you would not find a suitable time for either the massage or palo. Don't worry about "all of the times" being gone.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter