Confused about Magic Bands

ballerina13713

Earning My Ears
Will MDE send an email letting us know if we can get Magic Bands or not? I see the Manage Magic Bands section on MDE, but we haven't gotten any notification in regards to whether we are testing or not. Currently 51 days out, staying at Saratoga Villas on DVC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)

Will MDE send an email letting us know if we can get Magic Bands or not? I see the Manage Magic Bands section on MDE, but we haven't gotten any notification in regards to whether we are testing or not. Currently 51 days out, staying at Saratoga Villas on DVC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)

No need for an email.
If you are registered at a WDW resort (that is offering MB,) at some point before your check-in date your
MDE should pop up with a choice for you to "customize your MagicBands."

No need for an email.
If you are registered at a WDW resort (that is offering MB,) at some point before your check-in date your
MDE should pop up with a choice for you to "customize your MagicBands."

Great, thank you! That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to double check :thumbsup2

Like another reply said, they don't send you a notification. You just have to check your MDE account and it will magically show up as an option when/if they become available!

And if you wait for the email invite, it might be too late. Several posters have reported getting the invite AFTER their bands had arrived. We got the email today with 2 days of customization left, but their email gave me almost three weeks more.

Our bands have been chosen since the end of September...

Don't wait for the email - you get it only a few days before you head to Disney and by then it's likely too late to customize your bands. If you want to pick colors and get a good pick of parade/show FP+s before they're all gone, do it now,

I checked every few days and it was available at 43 days out. That was just 3 days ago. Might have been there a few days as I hadn't logged in. So there is a very recent report for you. I bet you will see it within a week. :hourglass

It became available to me after I did online check in at 59 days.

We had the option to personalize bands 77 days out, but only gray was available. At 75 days out all the colors appeared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter