Confused about Harry Potter park

Nicola2010

Mouseketeer
We are honeymooning in florida in 2 months time.

Ive looked on the universal site but cant understand whether the HP park is an extra addmission fee or whether it is covered by the entrance fee to Universal & IOA.

Does anyone know if this is an extra expense or not?

Thank you

Nicola

It's definitely not extra expense, entrance to Harry Potter is covered by the general admission ticket.
Think of it like one of the different areas at say Magic Kingdom such as 'Adventureland'.

In fact at Islands Of Adventure also, such as Marvel Super Hero's, Suess Island etc

It's definitely not extra expense, entrance to Harry Potter is covered by the general admission ticket.
Think of it like one of the different areas at say Magic Kingdom such as 'Adventureland'.

In fact at Islands Of Adventure also, such as Marvel Super Hero's, Suess Island etc

Johnny, do you know when it's opening?
I'll be there in June - will it be open then?

28th May was mentioned in another thread - too late for us if that's the case :sad1:

I heard it was already open...

The adverts say Spring which is March to May... i was hoping it would open this month or april... if it's 28th may i will be home by then, fingers crossed it's earlier and thanks for your help.

I saw it would be open by 28 May but it usual to have a soft opening for a few weeks for new rides. Expedition Everest was running several months before official opening

I heard it was already open...

The adverts say Spring which is March to May... i was hoping it would open this month or april... if it's 28th may i will be home by then, fingers crossed it's earlier and thanks for your help.

most probably it will be in soft opening,they use this time to iron out the glitches ect from the rides and if they can shut it at no notice and you can not complain as its not officaly open yet
Paul

Universal are selling Harry Potter packages for 28 May and that is why everyone has deduced that it will be open for then. However as many have said, this is more of an almost gauranteed latest date for it to open and by no means can it not open earlier.

I saw it would be open by 28 May but it usual to have a soft opening for a few weeks for new rides. Expedition Everest was running several months before official opening

I'd go along with this.

We were there before official EE opening (great ride BTW!!) and got on a few times.

We're there in end of May, but I've go no interest in Harry Potter at all! :wizard::rotfl:

Hiya,

The latest 'rumour' is May 25th, from some mates I know on the Universal forum, I am pretty sure last week in May anyway.

i'll be there towards the end of june..
i'm not a universal fan and i'm definitely NOT a harry potter fan, but i'll be with my sister for part of the trip and she mentioned it (apparently there are massive ads for it in the states that have caught her attention)...

i told her we could go have a look if she's interested and if it's open..

but i don't know if it will be all that doable for her..

i'm not familiar with how Universal is for visitors with limitations..
my sister has 3 different kinds of cancer (lung, ovarian, breast) and has just completed another full series of chemo and is now doing another full round of radiation....
so she's going to have a lot of difficulty when we're there....
i'm familiar with how to get assistance at disney, but i have no clue what's available at universal..
if it were up to me, i'd just skip potterville, but i think she'd like to have a look...
so i guess i'd better do some research on universal and guests with challenges..

i'll be there towards the end of june..
i'm not a universal fan and i'm definitely NOT a harry potter fan, but i'll be with my sister for part of the trip and she mentioned it (apparently there are massive ads for it in the states that have caught her attention)...

I don't mind the films but haven't seen them all, Julie hasn't seen any of them.
Yet we are really looking forward to going here, I think partly because it's something new and also because the theming looks fantastic.

Should be some great merchandise for kids hopefully too.

i'm familiar with how to get assistance at disney, but i have no clue what's available at universal..
if it were up to me, i'd just skip potterville, but i think she'd like to have a look...
so i guess i'd better do some research on universal and guests with challenges..

Universal give you an express pass-although they always seem very reluctant to give them out. we got 1 on our 1st trip although there were very rude about it. this time they didnt-theyre very hit and miss.
we ended just buying the express cards in the end.
the express passes let you go in a different queue, you still have to queue for a bit at some rides but not quite as long as the regular queue.
it works a bit like Disneys fast pass but youre not alloted times-you just show up to the rides when you want.

Im sure the Disability section will be able to give you loads of info. :thumbsup2

I wish I could be excited about this. It looks great but I've never seen any of the films or read any of the books (and I have no intentions to), so it's all very unfamiliar. :(

When we were there in January the theming of what you could see looked amazing, I must say that I am not a huge HP fan but I am really looking forward to seeing what they have done there.

They are making a huge deal of it in the States ans I have noticed quite a few adverts here over the last few weeks on telly.

Universal give you an express pass-although they always seem very reluctant to give them out. we got 1 on our 1st trip although there were very rude about it. this time they didnt-theyre very hit and miss.
we ended just buying the express cards in the end.
the express passes let you go in a different queue, you still have to queue for a bit at some rides but not quite as long as the regular queue.
it works a bit like Disneys fast pass but youre not alloted times-you just show up to the rides when you want.

Im sure the Disability section will be able to give you loads of info. :thumbsup2

i forgot they sell those express passes...that's what i'll do then!!

i forgot they sell those express passes...that's what i'll do then!!

If you go to guest services and are very forceful about NEEDING tham so that youre sister can enjoy the day they will give them to you. We found that IOA gave them to us no hassles but that US we had to ask for a supervisor but in both cases we got all 6 express passes without paying a penny. So make sure to ask before spending big money on them !!

If you go to guest services and are very forceful about NEEDING tham so that youre sister can enjoy the day they will give them to you. We found that IOA gave them to us no hassles but that US we had to ask for a supervisor but in both cases we got all 6 express passes without paying a penny. So make sure to ask before spending big money on them !!

Great advice.

Also just remember that at Universal you need to apply for a GAC (Guest Assistance Card, or 'express pass') at each park visit, though they do hold your details so it's not as time consuming for you.

This is different to WDW theme parks where the GAC is valid for your entire stay and you need not re-apply.

If you need extra comfort I know the moderator on the Universal forum, and she works at Guest Services at Universal. ;)
Let me know if you want me to ask her on your behalf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter