• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

confused about Bay Lake

2 reasons not to swim in the lakes...
cottonmouth.jpg

snapper3.jpg

*note: I have no clue who this person is, found this pic on Yahoo LOL

We were thinking about trying a RV trip to WDW in the not too distant future but maybe its not for me. I'm a city girl myself, the suburbs are about as country as I can get and growing up in NY the only wildlife I ever dealt with were squirrels, pigeons and the occaisional stray cat or dog (which I fed of course). I woudln't be able to recognize what was dangerous much less know how to deal with a angry snake I should happen across. Ferral humans I can deal with but poisionous critters just ain't my bag.

Sigh, maybe DH is right...the closest to camping I should ever get is the Wilderness Lodge

You have just as high an odds of running into a snake in the well landscaped grounds of a hotel as at the campground-----its the same lake and the same woods

jmho

Paul in TX

Paul in TX said:
You have just as high an odds of running into a snake in the well landscaped grounds of a hotel as at the campground-----its the same lake and the same woods

jmho

Paul in TX

I agree we have seen more snakes at the resoprts than we have while walking around FW mind you we spend more time at the resorts and only have an afternoon trip to FW.

LuvOrlando said:
We were thinking about trying a RV trip to WDW in the not too distant future but maybe its not for me. I'm a city girl myself, the suburbs are about as country as I can get and growing up in NY the only wildlife I ever dealt with were squirrels, pigeons and the occaisional stray cat or dog (which I fed of course). I woudln't be able to recognize what was dangerous much less know how to deal with a angry snake I should happen across. Ferral humans I can deal with but poisionous critters just ain't my bag.

Sigh, maybe DH is right...the closest to camping I should ever get is the Wilderness Lodge

You should still give FW a try, it may be called Fort Wilderness but it is not really the wilderness, it is, in fact, one of the top rated campgrounds in the country. And as another poster said, you can run into wildlife anywhere on WDW property, don't deny yourself the chance to see this wonderful resort, or at the least, if you stay at WL, take the bus over to FW and check it our for your next trip.
1.gif

Billmel said:
The petting zoo is gone, they still have a pig, goats, and ponys, and the only thing you can touch is the ponys. We were there May 3-14, and you can still ride the ponys. Our DGD rode the white one, and the charge was $4.00 and we were able to lead her around the area by ourselves. It was the best money we spent, she will be 3 on tuesday and she talks about it all the time. Thats all we hear.
Anybody know how old kids have to be for the pony rides? Our granddaughter will be 13 months old for our trip in February and I was wondering if she might be old enough? Maybe I'm rushing things, but I can't wait for her first trip to see the Mouse. princess:

LuvOrlando said:

We were riding our bikes on the exercise path that goes between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge and I saw a HUGE Snake that was white with black stipes. I had to be a foot around.

I have never seen any other critters there. I do miss the peacocks, it's too bad they were bad and got kicked out!

:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter