Confused about ADRs - 180 + 10 days?

POROct2013

Mouseketeer
We arrive on October 23, 2013. 180 days before that would be April 26, 2013 which is the date that the Disney website says I can start making dining reservations.

What does the "+ 10 days" mean that I keep reading about?

If you are staying at a WDW resort, on your 180 day you can make ADRs for your first day + the next 10 days. If you are staying off site, you could only make ADRs for your first day.

As long as you are staying onsite and have a reservation number, you can book from that date, plus the next 10 days.

It means that you can book ADRs for up to 10 days from the start of your resort reservation. This way you can make all your reservations for your entire vacation (assuming it doesn't exceed 10 days) in one phone session (or website booking - if that's working).

It is hard to explain, but this is my understanding of it:

Say you book a trip for 10 days. Your 180 days comes up, so you can make reservations. However, at 180 days, it would only be 180 days from your arrival date, not the other 9 days. They give you the +10 so you can make all ten days worth of reservations.

Hope that makes sense.

If you are staying on site you can book your ADRs 180 days from the day of your check in plus the next 10 days, if you are staying offsite you would need to call each day

Actually the way it was spoken about earlier the +10 was used for this purpose.

They were planning to only stay there for 5 days, but by making a 10 day reservation they get the 180 + 10. If they were to reserve for just the days they actually intended to go it would be 180 +5.

Soooo...if they were planning on going there on the 6th of March they would make reservations starting on the 1st of March. They would then set ADR for that time, including the last 5 days because the chance of getting what they want would be slightly better since fewer people would have access to reserving on those dates. Sometime after they make those ADR's they would cancel the first 5 days of the trip, keeping the last 5 in place thus making it easier to get exactly what they want.

To me it seems like a lot of work and a lot of lying to get something they might have gotten if they had been honest to begin with. In other words, it's an attempt to "work" the system, but to me seems a lot like an unnecessarily complex attempt.

Anytime you make a resort reservation it is automatically 180 + whatever the duration of your stay is. 180 represents the first day you are there. If you stay 1 through 10 days you can put + in front of those days. +1, +2, +3, etc.

I hope that explains it...it's the best I could do!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter