Conflicting information about upgrading Annual Pass to the new AP

I upgraded my pass for the same reason - I have out-of-state family visiting for a week in November and we had already planned on buying memory maker. It was cheaper for my family to have one person upgrade now than to pay for MM. I went from a FL resident pass with water parks (don't remember the name of that pass) to the Platinum Plus pass for about $75. The rest of my family are waiting to upgrade when they have to renew next October.

Sounds like you are saying you were able to upgrade just one of your family members passes ? When I asked in the parks last week the guy seemed little confused and said you have to do all of them which didn't make sense.
But it sounds like you might have had success doing one only. Should have tried a difference CM. We have three more trips planned so it would be worth it. I will try when we get there for the next trip.

"Conflicting" is putting it mild. At least Disney is consistent in one thing - ask a question about a process and get a thousand answers. It's beyond frustrating. How do you have front line CMs at Guest Relations who do not understand your product??

I just got back. I went to Guest Relations in DTD to get information about converting my PAP so that I could get Memory Maker. I expire in February. I was told that I would have to pay $181.05 in order to change my pass over. They even wrote it on paper and handed to me. They said "I wouldn't do it because Memory Maker would be cheaper if you buy now and then activate in 3 days." Since I have yet to hear of anyone being quoted this much to convert. I was going to go back at the end of the week and ask again ... but I decided to end my visit at Universal.

And being told your whole family has to convert .............. what? We don't buy APs in group packages for group deals. We didn't even buy ours all at the same time. How does a trained CM even say that out loud without questioning themselves and calling a supervisor. I was only going to upgrade my pass because I am the only one of the two of us scanning the photopass. There would be no need for DS to upgrade. And of course when it comes to renew, he will be paying for a benefit he won't use.... Still hate they are taking away DQ and replacing it with nothing.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are saying you were able to upgrade just one of your family members passes ? When I asked in the parks last week the guy seemed little confused and said you have to do all of them which didn't make sense.
But it sounds like you might have had success doing one only. Should have tried a difference CM. We have three more trips planned so it would be worth it. I will try when we get there for the next trip.

That is correct. I was the only one who upgraded. There are two other pass holders at my address (I even manage one of their accounts) and neither had to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter