Conflicting info-wristbands or no for Chase card Illuminations viewing area?

phyllis1966

Something witty
Early reports stated that wristbands were being distributed at the Chase lounge for Illuminations viewing. I've now seen someone state that wristbands are only being given out for the nightly concerts.

Any front-line experience with this? If they aren't handing out wristbands for Illuminations, is there definitely a special viewing are, and if so, how is it accessed? We got the bands back in 2012, I think, and it was really nice having that special area.

Thanks!

:sunny:

Yes and no. Wristbands are being distributed in the lounge, but they are also allowing non-wristbanded Chase card holders in the viewing area with showing their credit card.

I was there for the concert 10-7 & didn't see any signage for any of the lines for the Chase people. Saw signage for other lines for other groups/reserved seating areas.

We got wristbands for Sept 2014, but that was a Saturday concert. I don't know if they offer the wristband anymore or if it's only a weekend thing? You can use a FP for the concert.

Does anyone know on which days the wristbands are being offered? Last year it was Sat, Sun, and Mon only.

Another wrinkle - what if you want a wristband for the concert and Illuminations? Is it a separate band? Can you get both or do you have to decide on one or the other?

Another wrinkle - what if you want a wristband for the concert and Illuminations? Is it a separate band? Can you get both or do you have to decide on one or the other?
This is how it was LAST year FWIW-separate bands-Guests could get both-ETTB(Disney Visa only);IllumiNations(any Chase card).:)

you can get a wristband to a concert at the lounge?

Thanks - I knew it was originally reported that this was the case, but I'm seeing conflicting reports from people who are there.

After reading all the replies on this thread, I'm still not clear on whether there is a wristband for Illuminations viewing THIS YEAR? :upsidedow I guess I'll have to see when we get there. I have no interest in the concert offering on the day we are there.

After reading all the replies on this thread, I'm still not clear on whether there is a wristband for Illuminations viewing THIS YEAR? :upsidedow I guess I'll have to see when we get there. I have no interest in the concert offering on the day we are there.

You said it! Guess we have to wait until we get there and find out for ourselves...either way, as long as there's a viewing area, it'll be nice. We really enjoyed that special area with less jostling and lining up so far ahead of time.

The article states there are a limited # of wrist bands handed out for Illuminations but pending how crowded the are is (people getting wrist band and not showing up) then you may be allowed into the viewing area with just you credit card.

I was just there Sunday (10/11/15). If you have a Chase Visa card, you can enter the Chase Lounge. When you are looking at the American Adventure, the lounge entrance is located on the right hand side. Once you are in (you may have to stand in line because they only allow a certain number of people to enter at a time), you proceed up the stairs or the elevator. Once you are upstairs, if you turn right, you go into a room that has two soft drinks dispensers. There is also a small bar area where you can purchase wine or beer. Standing room only in this room. If you head left, there will be an attendant standing with a "treasure box". This is where you get your wrist band for the concerts. She/he will ask you what time you would like to view the concert. The wrist band says Chase and has the time for your concert viewing. (Our bands were yellow.) I asked her about the preferred viewing location for Illuminations. She said all you have to do is show your DISNEY VISA to enter the viewing area before the fireworks start. It is located in front of Italy. There are some seating areas located here. If you continue to your left, there is another room set up with a few tables and chairs with a TV playing Disney clips. There are also two game consoles with Disney Infinity games that can be played.

We were planning on going back to the Illuminations viewing area, but we ended up getting a table in Mexico and watching them from there...so I can't comment on how crowded or not crowded the viewing area was.

I hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter