Conflicting info from EA about additional drivers

mobrien207

Earning My Ears
Earlier on this board, someone posted a response to EA on daily charges for EA member as additional drivers.

I posted an email to EA below and include their response. What do you think? And what do I do now? We'll have 5 adults across two cars; all are EA members and we're on vacation.

Here's the emails. TIA for your thoughts,
mob

To: 'Res Web Site'
Subject: RE: No Subject

We're planning on renting two vehicles in Orlando in
August. There will be multiple drivers. All are EA members. Please
confirm that there will NOT be a daily charge for the extra drivers. The
corporate contract and/or discount codes may or may not be used for rental
discounts and should have no bearing on your answer to my question. Please
advise.

Thank you for your inquiry.

There would be additional driver fees for each driver,unless they are
working for the same company as the renter (EMC member) and driving on
business purposes. I hope this information helps. If you have any other
questions please
e-mail us.

April
Reservations Internet Response
National Car Rental

I just got a solicitation in my office from National to join EC (I am already a member but they sent it through AMEX) yesterday. WIth the application was the brochure with the master rental agreement and terms and conditions of the rental. In that agreement, it states that spouses may drive the car no charge. I would call national and ask for them to MAIL an EC application. Then get the brochure and hold onto it. If I submitted a claim to my insurance co while my spouse was driving I would feel very confident with that brochure saying he is an authorized driver.

When I got home today, we had an advertising brochure/flyer from EC addressed to my husband who is an EC member. It was postcard shaped that opens up to 4 pages and did not include an application or contract.

Its states bold as day that as an EC member there is "No additional driver fee". I'll make sure I bring the flyer with us.

The biggest advertisement was to let them fill your tank with gas at same price as gas stations. It does sound convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter