Confiscating Water Bottles

barbiecruiser

Mouseketeer
I have heard that it is technically "not allowed" to bring in a water bottle to WDW. I saw a security woman even take one from a lady. Is this very strongly applied? Each person in the family was going to bring 1 water bottle, I don't see how this is a huge problem. Also what about Crystal Lite packages to add to water?

I didn't know that. It's never happened to us. We always bring a Klean Kanteen for everyone and a few extra bottles of water. Maybe they are too scared of our over-sized diaper bag that they miss the contraband? LOL

popcorn::

I have heard that it is technically "not allowed" to bring in a water bottle to WDW. I saw a security woman even take one from a lady. Is this very strongly applied? Each person in the family was going to bring 1 water bottle, I don't see how this is a huge problem. Also what about Crystal Lite packages to add to water?

Could it have been a glass bottle? You are allowed to bring in food and drink to WDW. The only items not allowed are any type of glass containers (with the exception of baby food jars and medicines) and alcohol.

It was an unopened Dasani bottle. The security lady took it and said mmm I might enjoy this later, or something along those lines.

You ARE allowed to bring in water bottles, so I'm not sure what was up with that. I have heard about people trying to bring alcohol in water bottles to MK, and having it confiscated.

it was unopened and the lady did not look like the alcohol sneaking in
type, but who knows..good to know we can take in water!!!! thanks

We always fill our soft sided cooler bag with as many frozen water bottles as we can and drink them throughout the day..never been a problem!

Each person in the family was going to bring 1 water bottle, I don't see how this is a huge problem. Also what about Crystal Lite packages to add to water?

I don't think you will have a problem and I think it is a good idea as well.

I have brought in lots of water bottles. I have two frozen water bottles filled with Nestea or Crystal Light flavored water (in stroller tray) and then another waterbottle attached to the stroller. Another water bottle in the backpack.

I take at least 3 waterbottles. Sometimes it's 5. Two are metal and one has a large opening so I try to remember to fill it with ice. The other is on the stroller and I don't normally fill it unless I can get the filtered water.

That's a day's worth for my niece and I.

We go to Disney quite frequently and have never experienced this. We all take water and do so quit openly.

We carry aluminum water bottles with us every day, and have never had a problem. I suspect that the offending bottle had be filled with alcohol.

I have to ask OP, observing from some distance, even if only a couple of feet, how could you determine if a plastic water bottle had been opened or not? The only visible sign that it's been open is a tiny space between the plastic cap, and the plastic safety ring, and when the cap is screwed on tightly, it is nearly impossible to see, even when you are holding the bottle.

It was probably the same female security guard that tried to search my 14 year old son's pockets going into Epcot on Sunday evening. She said it looked like something was in his pocket, and she needed to see what it was. I told her, 'Yes it was his cell phone', and she said 'Well, I need to see it.' I told her as soon as WDW has a sign posted that people were subject to searches, then I would show it to her. She then started to yell at us really nastily, and I walked away after telling her that everyone coming in the park has stuff in their pockets, so as soon as they start searching everyone, then we will comply. Don't know what was up with that.

It was probably the same female security guard that tried to search my 14 year old son's pockets going into Epcot on Sunday evening. She said it looked like something was in his pocket, and she needed to see what it was. I told her, 'Yes it was his cell phone', and she said 'Well, I need to see it.' I told her as soon as WDW has a sign posted that people were subject to searches, then I would show it to her. She then started to yell at us really nastily, and I walked away after telling her that everyone coming in the park has stuff in their pockets, so as soon as they start searching everyone, then we will comply. Don't know what was up with that.
:confused3

I know it is a pain (as I usually have things in my pockets too), but I don't understand when asked, why you wouldn't just show it.. No big deal, I have been asked before if my pockets looked too full.

Its not like you couldn't sneak something in if you wanted to, but why someone with nothing to hide wouldn't show them is beyond me.

In 30 plus trips to Disney World, I have never had a water bottle confiscated.

However, at Disneyland, I had an open bottle of water confiscated.

It was an unopened Dasani bottle. The security lady took it and said mmm I might enjoy this later, or something along those lines.

Not having any real idea of the total situation
I'll just throw out another possibility that-

A- The security screener was joking. (I've had that happen countless times, in one way or another.)

B- The screener then returned the bottle to the guest and off they went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter