Confiscating bottled water now?

goobylal

Mouseketeer
A co-worker went to MK last week and her and her family had their bottled waters confiscated. I've never heard of that happening before and we've never had a problem. Has that always been their policy and we got lucky (a million times) or is it something new?

I have only heard of them confiscating open water bottles. If the bottles are still sealed, there generally isn't a problem.

We had water every day we went and had no trouble.
maybe the CM was confused?

Strange. I have brought in our reusable water bottles many times and never had a problem.

Has to be more to the story. The official policy allows for any food or drink, except for alcohol or glass containers (baby food excepted). Also, no straws in Animal Kingdom.

Prior to discovering free dining, we carried entire buffets (well, sort of) into the parks and as long as no glass containers were involved - no problem. It is wise to be aware of park policies wherever you go. (this is me preaching to the choir) If the CM or employee is wrong - stand your ground and request a supervisor.

My DD is at Seaworld,SA right now and they allow you to bring individual snacks, juice boxes, water and open drinks into the park, but not meals. Makes sense.

Which reminds me...I get to stop at EOS on the way home from San Antonio. WooHoo!

I've brought in partially used bottles of water many times, most recently in May.

Sounds like a glitch (like untrained CM maybe?), not a policy change.

But it'll be interesting to hear if anyone on the DIS boards has encountered this.

Did they specify that it was confiscated at WDW? Or maybe they meant they were confiscated at the airport. Something's not right with this story.

We've also reused our water bottles without any problems. Sea World used to allow you to bring in meals...we brought a picnic lunch with us. Sadly, they stopped allowing that a couple of years ago.

I nearly had a bottle taken at the bag check at HS last year. We were park hopping, and I had a half bottle I had refilled and mixed with Crystal Light To Go Iced Tea flavor to cover the water fountain taste. CM thought it was Burbon & water:eek: and nearly took it. No more iced tea mix for me now, I was speechless!

Other times partially used water bottles have been fine for us, but if there's been recent incidences of alchohol smuggling into the parks maybe they've tightened up the policy. I honestly can't see them taking every open/partially used water bottle that goes through bag check. There's got to be more to the story.

We took open water bottles and a thermos into all the parks in July with no problem. Must be more to the story.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to ask her about more about it, like if it was an open bottle, in a glass container, etc. Maybe they thought they had alcohol in the bottles (they wouldn't)?

I don't think Disney would want to mess with people and their water...especially in 90 plus temps!!!!!

Never heard of WDW confiscating water at the park gates, either open or closed bottles. The only thing I've ever seen them confiscate is beer. must be more to this story.

Only reason for them to confiscate open bottles is to maybe prevent smuggling in of alcohol but I walk into Disney parks all the time with an open bottle of Diet Coke and nobody's ever said anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter