• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmed - Ticket Price Increases

circus4u

DIS Veteran
From WDW News Today. (Don't know about the confirmed part though)

A 1-day Magic Kingdom base ticket will be priced at $105.00 (plus tax), while a ticket for Hollywood Studios, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom will be $99.00 (plus tax). All other ticket prices will be raised similarly, probably by the same increments as the last price change seen at the Disney Parks.

We still have no confirmation on the rumors of a water park-hopper ticket being added or the no-expiration option being removed, but we assume we will hear something once the ticket prices change.

The Disneyland Resort is expected to receive similar ticket price increases this month as well.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/02/confi...oming-this-month-1-day-tickets-to-exceed-100/

Nothing like a good price increase coming off a record profit year. Hope they hold off on the Resident AP's we have about 3 more weeks until we are eligible.

Woah...where on gods green did you get this idea of "bargain basement" pricing?

There were times - mid to late 80's and 98 to 04 - where they provided a really good value...but "bargain" was never in the vocabulary.

Since 2005...when the biggest government - banker - all the way down Ponzi scheme was executed on an international level...the prices have slid down off the cliff, rolled into the river, was flushed into the ocean, down a trench, and eaten whole by a giant squid.

Because they are barrelling toward supreme overpricing...doesn't mean it was a "bargain"
You can't economically reverse engineer it

What bothers me most about the increase in prices are the cutbacks in all the parks and the lack of attraction refurbishment and development at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I used to include MK in that list, but New Fantasyland made me take it off (for now).

Bingo... And this it the elephant in the room for many Disney defenders. Youre actually paying more for less...
And that leads to only one thing: product erosion.

Go ahead... Name one consumer product in history that has raised prices on such a steep upswing and has NOT eventually finally crashed or failed.
...take your time.

The excuse I hear all the time is "most travelers are first timers... So it doesn't matter what you give them. And there's plenty more where they came from."

Maybe the first... For now... Will hold. The second? Oh my dear people, there isn't that much actual "wealth" out there.

But CMB will bail when he sees the iceberg in front of him...or sooner. So who cares? Not the puppet board or the California Teachers Pension Fund.

Woah...where on gods green did you get this idea of "bargain basement" pricing?

There were times - mid to late 80's and 98 to 04 - where they provided a really good value...but "bargain" was never in the vocabulary.

Since 2005...when the biggest government - banker - all the way down Ponzi scheme was executed on an international level...the prices have slid down off the cliff, rolled into the river, was flushed into the ocean, down a trench, and eaten whole by a giant squid.

Because they are barrelling toward supreme overpricing...doesn't mean it was a "bargain"
You can't economically reverse engineer it
The proof is in the millions of people who are paying for the tickets. The millions who are willing to pay these super expensive tickets show just how far off the mark Disney's pricing was. For years they left money on the table. Not anymore.

What bothers me most about the increase in prices are the cutbacks in all the parks and the lack of attraction refurbishment and development at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I used to include MK in that list, but New Fantasyland made me take it off (for now).
I was all set to finally return (after 3 years) this year. But I can't stomach the price for what I'm getting. 1 day of MK and an Orlando vacation (seeing the other parks and attractions) is what I'm likely to do, since an Annual Uni pass is the price of a 2 day Disney ticket now (and I can get 2 separate trips done on one pass)...

Honestly, I expected a MK ticket raise and the other 3 parks to reduce prices, since it's not like those parks are full and Disney wants to try to push attendance to the lesser children...none of those Disney parks compare with any Uni park (and may not even compare to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Legoland)...

The proof is in the millions of people who are paying for the tickets. The millions who are willing to pay these super expensive tickets show just how far off the mark Disney's pricing was. For years they left money on the table. Not anymore.

That in no way proves that wdw was a "bargain"...that's s false equivalency.

What they are doing...right now
As they have an outsourced maintenance company paint over the signs on the ticket booths at the international gateway...
Is pushing customers out of their market in favor - they "think" but probably more accurately "hope" - of "deep pockets" clientele that they think are out there and want more and more Disney and want to pay more for it...to eliminate the riff raff.

And then they'll go to Nevillewood Country Club and tell their neighbors and then there neighbors will tell their partners and then those people will tell there downton abbey landed aristocracy parents...

Then they'll take the Gulfstream down and wait in line for a turkey leg and priority seating for wishes...

That in no way proves that wdw was a "bargain"...that's s false equivalency.

What they are doing...right now
As they have an outsourced maintenance company paint over the signs on the ticket booths at the international gateway...
Is pushing customers out of their market in favor - they "think" but probably more accurately "hope" - of "deep pockets" clientele that they think are out there and want more and more Disney and want to pay more for it...to eliminate the riff raff.

And then they'll go to Nevillewood Country Club and tell their neighbors and then there neighbors will tell their partners and then those people will tell there downton abbey landed aristocracy parents...

Then they'll take the Gulfstream down and wait in line for a turkey leg and priority seating for wishes...

Good gravy I hope not but that is probably what they are thinking..
And that is the false hope that the deep pockets will be enough to sustain the company-and it is a problem of the 1%'ers way of thinking. I mean if I had millions of dollars at my disposal if I desired to go to Disney I would just rent the presidential suites at a deluxe, and do a personal private tour. I certainly wouldn't suddenly change my style and go out in parks as a "normal" person!

That is also a problem with promising share holders an ever increasing profit. Anyone with even a fraction of common sense thinking power will realize at some point a limit will be reached in order for a company to be sustainable. Of course unlimited greed among the top is clearly clouding this thinking. And before I get flamed I am NOT saying a company shouldn't make a profit!! But a reasonable sustainable profit is more modest than the greedy blood sucking big corporate thinking that has been going on for the past few decades. How many effing mansions and cars does a one person need anyway?

As of when? If I book a trip now for November, will I get the current ticket price, or will they change my price once the ticket price goes up?

Good gravy I hope not but that is probably what they are thinking..
And that is the false hope that the deep pockets will be enough to sustain the company-and it is a problem of the 1%'ers way of thinking. I mean if I had millions of dollars at my disposal if I desired to go to Disney I would just rent the presidential suites at a deluxe, and do a personal private tour. I certainly wouldn't suddenly change my style and go out in parks as a "normal" person!

That is also a problem with promising share holders an ever increasing profit. Anyone with even a fraction of common sense thinking power will realize at some point a limit will be reached in order for a company to be sustainable. Of course unlimited greed among the top is clearly clouding this thinking. And before I get flamed I am NOT saying a company shouldn't make a profit!! But a reasonable sustainable profit is more modest than the greedy blood sucking big corporate thinking that has been going on for the past few decades. How many effing mansions and cars does a one person need anyway?
You need one for every day of course! :P8-)

As of when? If I book a trip now for November, will I get the current ticket price, or will they change my price once the ticket price goes up?
Booking today locks you in at the current rate, but if you book a package today, and try to add a discount to that package later, you will have to pay the new ticket price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter