Confirmed, official announcement - no official announcement about Star Wars Land!

DPCummerbund

DIS Veteran
Disney World: 'Nothing to announce' about 'Star Wars Land'

As if he had been reading the DIS Rumors and News Forum, Disney spokesperson Bryan Malenius officially announced that in regards to Star Wars Land, Disney has nothing to officially announce.

"For more than 25 years, our partnership with LucasFilm has helped bring the imaginative universe of Star Wars to life at our parks and resorts across the globe," Malenius said. "We remain excited to explore new ways to bring these stories to life and have nothing to announce at this time."

And, in related news, "Malenius also said, 'We have nothing to announce at this time,' regarding a rumored Cars Land at Walt Disney World that would resemble the 12-acre expansion inspired by the Disney-Pixar film "Cars" that opened last year at Disney's California Adventure."

"I checked in with our partners at Orlando Attractions Magazine. Here's what Editor/Publisher Matt Roseboom told us: 'Everything else is just rumor... We've heard the rumor that a 'Star Wars Land' would be added at Disney's Hollywood Studios, connected to the current Star Tours attraction. But Disney hasn't announced anything.'"

So officially.......Disney has nothing official to say.......so Since most things that do happen as some point, start with rumors...... anything is possible.........:lmao:

AKK

Its always fun to speculate, but reality hits. Yes the next decade we may see star wars land if the reboot takes off. Cars land will never happen.

Its always fun to speculate, but reality hits. Yes the next decade we may see star wars land if the reboot takes off. Cars land will never happen.

Never say never.

I prefer Cars Land be a DCA exclusive, but I don't make decisions for Disney. While I would prefer they build a brand new Pixar themed area instead, I'm sure it's more cost effective to replicate something they've already built once.

Star Wars:

1) I don't think it's a reboot, I beleive it's a continuation of the existing universe.
2) As with the prequels, if they make them, they will come. Disney knows that these movies will make bank, else they would not have spent $4B on Lucasfilm.
3) IMHO Disney will want to be more synergistic. They will likely want to have attractions coming online as close to the first new film as possible.

Star Wars:

1) I don't think it's a reboot, I beleive it's a continuation of the existing universe.
2) As with the prequels, if they make them, they will come. Disney knows that these movies will make bank, else they would not have spent $4B on Lucasfilm.
3) IMHO Disney will want to be more synergistic. They will likely want to have attractions coming online as close to the first new film as possible.

1) it is FAR from a reboot.
2) there isn't another franchise that has made more money than Star Wars. Disney spent the money well.
3) I'm pretty sure we know where Star Wars Celebration will be in 2015

Carsland has actually been rumored at WDW for much longer than Star Wars land and by many is expected more than Star Wars. If you watch the boards and pay attention to what is said in the podcasts several sources whether its dis team members other source etc. many people that have ties with insiders have said its coming and most of them say both are coming. DHS needs something and it needs something fast its losing its draw and disney won't let that happen. They're going to have to counter Harry potter at universal. This would be perfect and I highly agree with these rumors I think its coming I have no source but everything just looks right in place for both to happen.

disney lover at heart

At this point, I really thing DHS needs refreshing. It's been a long time since the Studios have seen new attractions. Even though I am not a huge Star Wars fan, I believe any addition at this point would be a step in the right direction for bringing the studios back to life!

I expect they'll hold off any announcement and will make a big splash at D23 in August. I'm trying to keep expectations in check based on the past few years and dumb marketing promotions, but I have to think they'll present something grand at that point.

Seems like typical PR talk to me. Just because stuff is leaking out doesn't mean they're ready to announce it yet.

I for one would like to know what impact the opening of a DHS Cars Land would have on TSMM wait times. :P

Seems like typical PR talk to me. Just because stuff is leaking out doesn't mean they're ready to announce it yet.

I for one would like to know what impact the opening of a DHS Cars Land would have on TSMM wait times. :P

As I understand it, it had a very positive effect on TSM at DCA :)

I've a pretty good nose at telling the wheat from the chaff on the rumor front. This is starting to remind me an awful lot of 4 years ago leading up to the first D23 convention. Anyone here remember when the blueprint for the Fantasyland expansion was "leaked"? Then at D23 in 2009 they basically said - "You know all those rumors you've been hearing about Fantsyland? Well, guess what, they are true." About 4 months before that there was also word swirling about filiming for the new Star Tours ride (which I brought to the DIS at the time) and THAT was announced a the first D23 as well.

This "denial" from Disney really cements it for me. If there's no basis to the rumor, they would say "We have no plans for Carsland or Star Wars at this time"

The fact they are saying "We have nothing to announce at this time." speaks volumes to me. That statement in iteself is important in both its ambiguity and deniability - a statement clearly vetted by lawyers that know something is brewing.

I fully believe that Disney has every intention to blow people's socks off at D23 in August. If this were NOT true - they would be flat-out denying it. They're will be major press behind this come August. Now, just because they announce it doesn't mean it will happen (*cough* *hyperion wharf*) but I really think this one will get announced.

Exactly, spot on! D23 is going to be big. Where there is smoke their is fire, from reading other threads from other sources, there seems to be real hope that Disney is finally going to give the new Disney Studios the makeover it needs. Not saying it will be CL and Star Wars, but it seems they have realized in Burbank it's time to move.

This "denial" from Disney really cements it for me. If there's no basis to the rumor, they would say "We have no plans for Carsland or Star Wars at this time"

The fact they are saying "We have nothing to announce at this time." speaks volumes to me. That statement in iteself is important in both its ambiguity and deniability - a statement clearly vetted by lawyers that know something is brewing.
It's not really a "denial" from Disney. It's simply a "no comment" from Disney.

A reporter contacted his media rep with a rumor. The media rep responded as he would to any request to confirm any rumor. He said, "We have nothing to announce at this time."

Media reps for all companies tend to respond along these lines to any requests to confirm any rumor -- even if the media rep knows that the rumor is true or false. It's precisely so that the logic that skier_pete is using cannot be used to deduce a "pre-announcement."

Usually the only exception would be to deny a vicious rumor that has no basis in reality.

I personally expect some big news about DHS out of the D23 Expo. But I wouldn't read the recent Central Florida News 13 piece as anything beyond a "no comment."

A reporter contacted his media rep with a rumor. The media rep responded as he would to any request to confirm any rumor. He said, "We have nothing to announce at this time."

Media reps for all companies tend to respond along these lines to any requests to confirm any rumor -- even if the media rep knows that the rumor is true or false. It's precisely so that the logic that skier_pete is using cannot be used to deduce a "pre-announcement."

Usually the only exception would be to deny a vicious rumor that has no basis in reality.

I personally expect some big news about DHS out of the D23 Expo. But I wouldn't read the recent Central Florida News 13 piece as anything beyond a "no comment."

So, it's coming just wait. Dis is never wrong. In studio yesterday attendant at Backlot confirmed it is closing.

I totally agree. I think they want to make D23 exciting again by holding off the announcements until then. Combine this with the recent addition of a free type of membership, and you see them changing that up. They also are allowing the hype of the recent Universal and Sea World openings to die down and can control the news cycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter