• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CONFIRMED: DCL no longer going to Matzatlan!!!

For Feb 24 (new day at Cabo), I was told "guests ashore at 10:30" and "guest onboard at 7 pm." Ship to sail at 7:30 pm.

For Feb 25 (second day at Cabo), I was told "guest onboard at 1:30" (earlier than is listed on DCL site) and ship sails at 2 pm.

Day 3: Formal
Day 4: Pirate
Day 6: Semi Formal

Ohh no. Day 3 are our Palo reservations, we obviously do not want to be going to Palo on formal night.

Where to I find the guests ashore and guests onboard times. Are they in my cruise plans somewhere?

I looked for that too but couldn't find it when I pulled up our reservation either.
One of the PP is on my specific cruise and she called DCL and got the ashore and sail times for each day so now I know mine. It might be best to just call them and ask for your own specific cruise to be safe.

Where to I find the guests ashore and guests onboard times. Are they in my cruise plans somewhere?

If you log on and click on "View Cruise Details" you'll get info like this:

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California - 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea - -
3 At Sea - -
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 7:30 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
5 Mazatlan, Mexico 7:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
6 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:15 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
7 At Sea - -
8 Los Angeles, California 9:30 a.m. -

Obviously that portion of the website hasn't been updated.

When you click on "My Cruise Plans" it shows the two days in Cabo.

When I called, the "guests onshore" and "guests on board" times were different than the "View Cruise Details" page.

I imagine it should get straightened out next week.

Thank you :yay:

I knew it was there somewhere and it was driving me crazy. It is still showing Mazatlan but at least I can keep an eye on it now:)

Just subscribing to hear back from people that are leaving soon.

I'm not upset about going not going to Mazatlan, but I'm not sure I like the idea of going to Cabo back to back??

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with DCL and received confirmation of port arrival/departure times, as well as theme nights:

Day 1 - Los Angeles - leave at 5:00pm
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea - Formal Night
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta ship is in port from 7:00am - 7:00pm (Pirate Night)
Day 5 - Cabo ship is in port from 11:15am - 7:00pm (you have to be back on the ship - it is scheduled to leave the port then go back)
Day 6 - Cabo ship is in port from 7:15am - 1:30pm (Semi-Formal Night)
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with DCL and received confirmation of port arrival/departure times, as well as theme nights:

Day 1 - Los Angeles - leave at 5:00pm
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea - Formal Night
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta ship is in port from 7:00am - 7:00pm (Pirate Night)
Day 5 - Cabo ship is in port from 11:15am - 7:00pm (you have to be back on the ship - it is scheduled to leave the port then go back)
Day 6 - Cabo ship is in port from 6:30am - 1:30pm (Semi-Formal Night)
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

Was day 6 - 6:30 to 1:30 the original itinerary for Cabo? I'm just curious. I'm on the March 20 sailing and our orginal itinerary is 7:15 to 2:30. Just wondering if they changed the times on day 6 for your cruise.

Was day 6 - 6:30 to 1:30 the original itinerary for Cabo? I'm just curious. I'm on the March 20 sailing and our orginal itinerary is 7:15 to 2:30. Just wondering if they changed the times on day 6 for your cruise.

Our cruise is Feb 20 and they list the 1:30 all abord time also. I didn't check the 6:30 on shore time.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get back on a ship at a tendered port? Is there a line at the end of the day?

No worries they will tell you when the last tender is.

I have never tendered in cabo, but normally it just depends on what time you are getting back to the ship. If you go when not a lot of people are coming back it takes about 20 minutes. If you come back late when everyone else is, it can take longer. It takes a while to check everyone's bags, load everyone on and get everyone off.

I just reviewed my notes and made a correction on my original post (thanks for catching it!).

Second day in Cabo is 7:15am, but DCL said we have to be on board by 1:30 - ship sails at 2:00pm.

I'm guessing they will still be making changes probably up until they get all the bugs with the logistics worked out. In fact, I'm nervous about scheduling excursions (I've been doing it direct rather than thru DCL) because the times may change.

Weird...going to have to call and confim. If I look at our Feb 13th sailing I am seeing.

Los Angeles
Sea
Cabo
Puerta Vallarta
Sea
Cabo
Sea

I just reviewed my notes and made a correction on my original post (thanks for catching it!).

Second day in Cabo is 7:15am, but DCL said we have to be on board by 1:30 - ship sails at 2:00pm.

I'm guessing they will still be making changes probably up until they get all the bugs with the logistics worked out. In fact, I'm nervous about scheduling excursions (I've been doing it direct rather than thru DCL) because the times may change.[/QUOTE

and, you know they could be totally wrong. The last tender could be at 1:30 for all we know. :goodvibes

Anyone know why we are leaving Cabo on the second day at 1:30 instead of 2:30 like we originally were supposed to do?
It's not like it will be further to travel to get back since the ship is still going between Cabo and LA.
We have a shore excursion which I booked independently and I am hoping there will be enough time to do it :sad2:

Anyone know why we are leaving Cabo on the second day at 1:30 instead of 2:30 like we originally were supposed to do?
It's not like it will be further to travel to get back since the ship is still going between Cabo and LA.
We have a shore excursion which I booked independently and I am hoping there will be enough time to do it :sad2:

If sail is 1:30, we would have to be on the ship by 1:00. Tender line ups can be long. I'm glad to have the extra day in Cabo, but the shortened day is the pits. Not much is open in Cabo at 7:15.......:scared1:

Ok, this is for the March 13 th sailing:

Just received the most updated info for our cruise....waited on hold for over 35 mins so I am sure everyone is in the same boat as us!

Here is our schedule:

Sunday March 13 : Port departure 4:30 pm
Monday March 14 : sea day. FORMAL NIGHT
Tuesday March 15: Cabo 11:15 -5pm
Wed. March 16: PV. 8:45 -7pm. PIRATE NIGHT
Thursday March 17. Sea day
Friday. March 18. Cabo 7:15 - 1:30. SEMI FORMAL NIGHT
Sat. March 19. Sea day
Sunday March 20. Arrive at port

Now the agent I spoke with said the arrival times we " all ashore times"
And the departure times were " all aboard times" because of tendering in Cabo.

I believe the ships leave a half hour after the all aboard times. ( like leaving at 5:30 pm and 2pm)

Hope that helps out those who are planning some excursions outside of Disney.
We have to make some adjustments as well.

She also said the port adventure staff doesn' t work weekends so expect the port adventures for our new Cabo day to be available to book late Mon or Tuesday.

Ok, this is for the March 13 th sailing:

Just received the most updated info for our cruise....waited on hold for over 35 mins so I am sure everyone is in the same boat as us!

Here is our schedule:

Sunday March 13 : Port departure 4:30 pm
Monday March 14 : sea day. FORMAL NIGHT
Tuesday March 15: Cabo 11:15 -5pm
Wed. March 16: PV. 8:45 -7pm. PIRATE NIGHT
Thursday March 17. Sea day
Friday. March 18. Cabo 7:15 - 1:30. SEMI FORMAL NIGHT
Sat. March 19. Sea day
Sunday March 20. Arrive at port

Now the agent I spoke with said the arrival times we " all ashore times"
And the departure times were " all aboard times" because of tendering in Cabo.

I believe the ships leave a half hour after the all aboard times. ( like leaving at 5:30 pm and 2pm)

Hope that helps out those who are planning some excursions outside of Disney.
We have to make some adjustments as well.

She also said the port adventure staff doesn' t work weekends so expect the port adventures for our new Cabo day to be available to book late Mon or Tuesday.

THANK YOU for calling and getting this info!!! Very helpful! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter