CONFIRMED: DCL no longer going to Matzatlan!!!

This is going to be great. I have done the Mexican Riviera cruise with Disney. Cabo and PV were mine and my wife's favorites. Cabo is so fun for shopping and sitting at one of the great bars/restaurants. To me there is nothing better than having some authentic Mexican food with a nice cold adult beverage after I buy the wifey something that sparkles. I hope everyone has as great time with double Cabo.

This is weird. Our itinerary for Feb. 20th now lists the same two sea days (days 2 and 3), then PV, then back to back days in Cabo. Sounds like other folks' itineraries look different. Crazy!

It might be different b/c maybe they can't get into the port on the same days - they have to reserve it right? I wonder if some DISer researcher can find the new Cabo port schedule??? That should list maybe the new dates they have the ship in port?

Hi everyone, I checked our itinerary under "my cruise plans" (the area where you can book reservations), and ours has changed - no Mazatlan.

Day 1 - Los Angeles
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta
Day 5 - Cabo
Day 6 - Cabo
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

I must be looking in the wrong spot because I am on the Mar 13 cruise and I haven't seen a change yet. I also have Palo Brunch on what was suppose to be our 2nd day at sea, which would now be the first stop at Cabo. I wonder what they will do?

Hopelea,

If you look under "my reservation," under " cruise plans" you will see the change.
I was actually able to move my spa treatment to day 5 which is now listed as a sea day.

Try checking there. Our itinerary has definitely changed.
It is :
Sunday: port
Monday: sea day
Tuesday: Cabo
Wednesday: PV
Thursday: sea day
Friday: Cabo
Saturday: sea day
Sunday: port

This is the March 13 th sailing.

But now my Palo Brunch is on our first Cabo day! :sad2: And there are no more ressies left for the Brunch. Wonder what they will do???

This is going to be great. I have done the Mexican Riviera cruise with Disney. Cabo and PV were mine and my wife's favorites. Cabo is so fun for shopping and sitting at one of the great bars/restaurants. To me there is nothing better than having some authentic Mexican food with a nice cold adult beverage after I buy the wifey something that sparkles. I hope everyone has as great time with double Cabo.

Do you have to take a taxi for shopping and eating or can you just walk? TIA!!

But now my Palo Brunch is on our first Cabo day! :sad2: And there are no more ressies left for the Brunch. Wonder what they will do???

See my post above. According to the rep I spoke to Palo Brunches scheduled for the sea day that has now been turned into a Cabo day will be moved to the Mazatlan day that has now been turned into a sea day. I was told not to touch the reservation.

Now will this really happen...I don't know, but that is what I was told.

Just looked online at our 17 April MR and it still lists Matzatlan but... ALL excursions are shown as No Reservations Available. Guess we are all going to get rescheduled soon...

How come you haven't joined our meet? i checked my reservation on DCL and it had changed to 2 day btb in Cabo.

It might be different b/c maybe they can't get into the port on the same days - they have to reserve it right? I wonder if some DISer researcher can find the new Cabo port schedule??? That should list maybe the new dates they have the ship in port?

I would leave it for now. Brunch is only offered on sea days so i would think they would just change all the ressies to the new sea day ?:confused3

Hi everyone, I checked our itinerary under "my cruise plans" (the area where you can book reservations), and ours has changed - no Mazatlan.

Day 1 - Los Angeles
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta
Day 5 - Cabo
Day 6 - Cabo
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Our March 20th MR cruise has been updated as well -

Day 1 Los Angeles
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 At See
Day 4 PV
Day 5 Cabo
Day 6 Cabo
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Los Angeles

Interesting turn of events to say the least, especially with MR cruises schedule to start this weekend.

SJK

Oh, of course! :rolleyes: I just spent the last 2 days creating a 15 page overview of DCL or direct excursions for my sister for Mazatlan, and had just moved onto Cabo, and then I find this out!

She is not sailing till September.....I am wondering when they will have a decision for that far out. Surely, by then, they will have been able to come up with a new port, rather than doing a double.

Oh, of course! :rolleyes: I just spent the last 2 days creating a 15 page overview of DCL or direct excursions for my sister for Mazatlan, and had just moved onto Cabo, and then I find this out!

She is not sailing till September.....I am wondering when they will have a decision for that far out. Surely, by then, they will have been able to come up with a new port, rather than doing a double.

We're sailing in December.....it'll be interesting following what changes are made throughout this year.

We're sailing in December.....it'll be interesting following what changes are made throughout this year.

I wish I would have started with PV and Cabo now! I feel like I just wasted a lot of time. But, obviously, everyone's safety is the most important.

I know that my sis was looking forward to this port as being the least touristy of the three. We'll see what they come up with.

Do you have to take a taxi for shopping and eating or can you just walk? TIA!!

15 minute walk to the restaurants and stores.

I was not able to book the excursion I wanted for Cabo, so don't know if they are still finalizing those.

I am wondering also what time we have to be back on the ship on the added Cabo day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter