CONFIRMED: DCL no longer going to Matzatlan!!!

Disney has probably had to work around other cruiselines in port so that's why we all have different schedules based on how many ships are in port each day because even though we tender in they have to have enough boats available to get all the passengers from the boat to the pier. The Feb. 20 has a simple change, Mazatlan on day 5 is being replaced with Cabo. So it's:

LA
Sea
Sea
PV
Cabo
Cabo
Sea
LA

Ohhhhh, I like that itinerary! I hope our cruise is changed to an overnight like this!!!!!!! (please, please, please)

I just hope we get to stay in cabo longer than 2:30. I just noticed that we are currently scheduled to be back on the ship at 2:30 on day 6 when on our original documents it said 3:30. It's like a half day!!!

I sure hope you get your Palo reservations worked out. I'm guessing Palo will keep everything the same. People can try to reschedule if they'd like or keep what they have. The port may change but the restaurants still stays open. We have done Palo and are not planning on booking it this trip. One less thing to worry about. Now just need to figure out the excursions in cabo!

Disney has probably had to work around other cruiselines in port so that's why we all have different schedules based on how many ships are in port each day because even though we tender in they have to have enough boats available to get all the passengers from the boat to the pier. The Feb. 20 has a simple change, Mazatlan on day 5 is being replaced with Cabo. So it's:

LA
Sea
Sea
PV
Cabo
Cabo
Sea
LA

Hope this helps!

Strange that our 2/13 is

LA
Sea
Cabo
Sea
PV
Sea
Cabo
LA

I just called about the Day 3 Pal ressies being auto moved over to new Day 5 sea day....no one knows...maybe, maybe not...res agent couldnt move our ressie to the new sea day.

Just looked online at our 17 April MR and it still lists Matzatlan but... ALL excursions are shown as No Reservations Available. Guess we are all going to get rescheduled soon...

Just got off of the phone with DCL. The agent I spoke with, tried to be helpful as possible, but couldn't verify what they were going to do about Day 3 Palo Brunch reservations on what is now an in-port day. His best guess is that all of the Day 3 ressies would be moved to Day 5. He also put in a request to have a dining coordinator call us to explain what was going to happen. I will post the results of that conversation, if it ever happens.

Just got off of the phone with DCL. The agent I spoke with, tried to be helpful as possible, but couldn't verify what they were going to do about Day 3 Palo Brunch reservations on what is now an in-port day. His best guess is that all of the Day 3 ressies would be moved to Day 5. He also put in a request to have a dining coordinator call us to explain what was going to happen. I will post the results of that conversation, if it ever happens.

I am on hold now to ask essentially the same question so I will let people know what info I get if it is something different.

Strange that our 2/13 is

LA
Sea
Cabo
Sea
PV
Sea
Cabo
LA

Acutally, the 2/13 is a little bit different than what you posted. You have PV and a sea day switched. The listed itinerary is like this:

LA
Sea
Cabo
PV
Sea
Cabo
Sea
LA

Thank you for this, we have Palo brunch on Tuesday and were worried if we would get reservations again! Please, Disney, just move them to Thursday!

Acutally, the 2/13 is a little bit different than what you posted. You have PV and a sea day switched. The listed itinerary is like this:

LA
Sea
Cabo
PV
Sea
Cabo
Sea
LA

You're right...
Are the theme nites usually on port days?

Formal- Day 3
Pirate- Day 4
Semi-Formal- Day 6

Do you see the revised port times?
I can't find that on my ressie.

I am on hold now to ask essentially the same question so I will let people know what info I get if it is something different.

Ok the rep I just spoke to, spoke to a manager who told her to tell me not to touch our Palo Brunch Reservation for the now First Cabo stop) and that the Brunches were still only going to be held on sea days and everything should update to change it to the sea day that was Mazatlan. She told me to keep watching the website and my reservation to see the change. They are obviously working on getting those that leave this Sunday taken care of first and then those who leave next Sunday and so on.

You're right...
Are the theme nites usually on port days?

Formal- Day 3
Pirate- Day 4
Semi-Formal- Day 6

Do you see the revised port times?
I can't find that on my ressie.

I just got off the phone with a "supervisor" and she said that the theme nights didn't change for my cruise (1/30-2/6). I don't know about other dates though.

Well, we sail on SUnday, so this will be interesting. It is too close to sail date to book excursions, etc. online. I bet the shore excursion desk will be hopping onboard. I like the new schedule, and figure we'll have great attitudes no matter what. After all ,I'm cruising for the ship itself, and the ports are just a bonus! :love:

Where do I look to find the hours we're going to be in each port? We have Palo reservations for the new Cabo night.

The on-line ressies for our 10nt MR replaced Matzatlan with a 2nd day at Cabo. :woohoo: If it changes...it changes. :confused3

My April 10 itinerary still includes Mazatlan.

I really hope we still stop there because I was excited for my excursion, but I don't foresee conditions improving in that region in the next four months so I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

I just logged into our March 13th reservation and it now has the following itinerary:

March 13: embark
March 14: at sea
March 15: Cabo
March 16: Puerta Vallerta
March 17: at sea
March 18: Cabo
March 19: at sea
March 20: disembark

We have Palo Brunch scheduled on March 15th, which was a sea day...wonder what will happen with that?

Where do I look to find the hours we're going to be in each port? We have Palo reservations for the new Cabo night.

We do too. Palo dinner. It was a saw day, now a Cabo day. I couldn't change it as no reservations for Palo dinner are available.

I also tried to book excursions in Cabo for day 3 ( tuesday) and only the Friday Cabo is available for now.

This is weird. Our itinerary for Feb. 20th now lists the same two sea days (days 2 and 3), then PV, then back to back days in Cabo. Sounds like other folks' itineraries look different. Crazy!

I must be looking in the wrong spot because I am on the Mar 13 cruise and I haven't seen a change yet. I also have Palo Brunch on what was suppose to be our 2nd day at sea, which would now be the first stop at Cabo. I wonder what they will do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter