• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confirmation mailed to family and not me?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We made reservations for family with our membership. I am used to getting the confirmation sent to my house. Why was it sent to theirs? Is this new? I thought I was up on things but this is new to me. After reading all the MS mistakes this has made me nervous.

If you gave Member Services the e-mail address of your guest when you made the reservation, then that was your consent to e-mail the confirmation directly to them. Under the new systems, confirmations are now sent via e-mail and can be sent to the mamber and/or the guest.

David

I got the email confirmation. They mailed a paper confirmation to my guest.

They seem to be screwed up. I asked to have our confirmation mailed and never got it. Called a few weeks later and asked again. For some reason I received 2 confirmations, one with only 2 names on it and one with the correct 3 names. Both listed that same travel plan number and the correct resort. :scared1:

:earsboy: bill

I believe member services will only send out one confirmation by regular mail, so you have to decide where to send it.

That's just it. They never asked me where to send it. They only asked if email confirmation was good. I said yes. So I didn't expect any paper confirmation but low and behold my family received it. :confused3:confused3

That's just it. They never asked me where to send it. They only asked if email confirmation was good. I said yes. So I didn't expect any paper confirmation but low and behold my family received it. :confused3:confused3
They don't necessarily ask. They just send it to the people listed on the reservation. I think that's as it should be.

They don't necessarily ask. They just send it to the people listed on the reservation. I think that's as it should be.

I agree.

We make a lot of reservations for my parents using our points and because their name is on the reservation, they always get the confirmation in the mail.

We've rented points to family & friends and none of them have ever received the confirmation in the mail so this is new to me too.

I just made our Oct ressie a couple of weeks ago and the CM asked me if I wanted the confirmation via e-mail or postal mail. I opted for e-mail and received it within a few minutes.

I would rather that all paperwork go through me, the owner. If someone is using our points, I will filter the necessary paperwork through to them.

I don't really care either way. I was just going by past experience. I was concerned something was wrong..

We have often booked for family and they have never received confirmation. Confirmations were always mailed to us. Maybe this is a new policy.

The confirmation to those who's names appear on the reservation is part of the new "system". When I reserved for my friend's March stay, I got an email confirmation, and they got a paper one. I was glad they at least got that so they knew I had reserved it correctly.

Whenever I make a reservation for my daughter and family, they always get the confirmation at her address. Sometimes I get them online while other times they say they are sending them, but they don't arrive.

We made reservations for family with our membership. I am used to getting the confirmation sent to my house. Why was it sent to theirs? Is this new? I thought I was up on things but this is new to me. After reading all the MS mistakes this has made me nervous.

My family has had the same type of experience with Confirmations and DME booklets multiple times. My mother, who live 60 miles away and I have a guessing game on which household the paperwork will show-up at. Most recently DME booklet showed up at my house. OK no big deal. However the guest on the trip are myself, DS4 and both my parents and the group is arriving on different days, and all names in one book. Makes me nervous when I show up @ MCO with a color copy of the book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter