Confirm your ADRs!

msinformation

Mouseketeer
I know this has been said before, but in case there are any of you who haven't heard it I wanted to share my story of confirming your ADRs.

I admit I thought it was sort of silly and unecessary, but I decided to do it anyway just to be safe. We're arriving at WDW next Monday, so I called this morning. Good thing I did! First, I had altered the time of one of my reservations, and when I did I asked the CM helping me to cancel the original time. Apparently she didn't cancel it so I had two times reserved. The CM today said it's good I caught that or they might have been cancelled/mixed up since it looked like I was double booked.

The other more minor error was that our anniversary wasn't noted on our CG reservation. It's not a big deal, and it obviously wouldn't have affected our ability to get in that night, but it was something I asked the CM to note but he didn't. I was glad I asked about it!

So I am a convert. I'm sure in most cases everything is fine, but if you have some special meals planned it would be a shame if there were a problem. Take 2 minutes to confirm your ADRs if you can! ;)

I just called last night and confirmed for the 3rd time! Been reading too many post around where people were having problems.

jiminyC_fan said:
Does anyone have the telephone number to call handy? Now you have me a little worried.

1-407-939-3463

I would've never thought to confirm... thanks for the tip!

luckily I haven't had an issue.....I don't call but upon check in have them printed up to compare.

I called to confirm for December, and the day we have an ADR for Breakfast at CP before park opening was made for 9/12 instead of 12/12. The CM changed it for me, but I wonder what would have happened if we showed up before park opening at MK to get in to CP on 12/12 and gave them our confirmation #, only to find out that according to their system we were 3 months late :rotfl: . Anyway, I am glad I called, it made a believer out of me. ;)

I called today to make a change in my Chef Mickey's breakfast time and found out that part of my ADR's had the wrong last name! They were still under my phone number, the adr number was the same and the times were right, the first name was right, but the last name wasn't. Someone put the wrong last name and I was told that might have caused some confusion at the restaurant. It always pays to double-check!

Called to about our adrs and had the wrong last name down for crt. Glad the call was made.

I think I will call again when it gets closer to Nov.

We carry a 3x5 card with us each day with the confirmation number on it. On several occasions they had a hard time locating our reservation. Not because it wasn't there (it was), but because the name was spelled so badly that it wasn't recognizable. One member of our party had his last name starting with a Z instead of a D. Having the confirmation number available helps them pull it right up.

I always call to confirm and also bring a copy of the adr conf#'s with me! We leave on Sunday so thats on my to do lst for Friday!! :cool1: :cheer2: :banana:

Thanks for the advice. I just called to confirm - we are leaving on Saturday and they had everything mixed up. My ressie for Ohana was down for 3 hours later than the time I had booked (I couldn't even get the time I had originally booked ugh). Our La Cellier ressie was under the wrong last name. I should mention that when I first called she pulled up someone else's ADR's (I have a very common name) she was about to cancel this poor womans ressie until I suggested there may be more than one of us. What a mess. All in all 4 of our ressies were wrong. What a pain. So glad I called!

I called mine two days ago only to find out because we leave tomorrow, that our reservation for that evening was WRONG..Only showed 4 people when there are six of us. They told us to show up anyway and ask if they can accomodate. Next I had two reservations for the same place, same night....I couldnt believe it...Had to cancel one. Also had a few on there that I didnt want.

I called today to change a time and was told my last name was spelled with an 'e' on the end. Also found out that I need special phone numbers because of my nut allergies.

Glad I called and will do so each month until the trip in 3 months. The horror stories are beginning to worry me.

I've made several changes to our ADRs and every time I do I ask to confirm our ADRs. There have been several mistakes, i.e. wrong last name, wrong first name, times off, a day off, a few that were supposed to have been cancelled that weren't, booked into the wrong Hoop de Doo show (late show instead of early show), and one they just plain couldn't find. When I gave them the ADR number for that last one the CM said "Oh, you cancelled that one 07/28/06". Uh! no I didn't. That was one I've never considered cancelling. She was able to get it back, but the time changed from 7:10pm to 9:20pm :furious: .

This is a great suggestion, mistakes do happen and the CRO system will automatically fill some fields with the prior ADR, so it is well worth double checking.
Also, be very careful of restaurants with similar names, like Yachtsman Steakhouse and Yacht Club Galley, it is very easy for the ADR to be made in the Galley by accident, and when you arrive at the wrong podium (no fault of your own) it may be impossible for YSH to honor your incorrect ADR.
Final note, please don't take out your frustration on the podium staff, if your ADR is wrong it is not their fault, and if they cannot accommodate you, especially during these very busy Dining Plan times, remember they are doing their best.

it is wed morning at 950. just called to confirm, all were there, used the 800-828-0228. thanks for the suggestion.
:goodvibes

I like this website more and more every day!

This thread was making me nervous so I called WDW to confirm my ADR's and everything is all set. So glad and it was painless, all I had to do was give my phone # and all the ADR's popped up. That was great to know that if you ever lose your information, you can just call and get it all back. We leave Monday and cannot wait for our dinner at Chef Mickey's!! :goodvibes

Yesterday, I was reading this thread thinking that it was probably overkill. But I'll be there the last week of Free Dining and my family would be pretty upset if there was a mistake and we couldn't find a place to eat. So I called this morning....And am I EVER GLAD I DID!!!! They had one of my meals on the wrong day. Luckily, I was able to change it to the correct day and time without any problems. :thumbsup2 It was kind of funny because the CM said, "Don't worry. When you get to the resort, you can always have them print it out and confirm them there." All I could think is that if people are having trouble getting ADRs at 1 month or more out, how would you be able to fix it within the same week! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter