Confirm CRO ressies or not?

tige

Earning My Ears
I have read some horror stories about some people calling CRO to confirm their reservations only to have some new CM accidently change/cancel them!

So, it makes me nervous to call at this point. We leave in a week and we DID receive the yellow CRO confirmation in the mail a few weeks after we made our reservations. We paid a deposit via credit card on the day we made the reservations and this was reflected on the confirmation sheet.

What do you long-timers think? Is it worth calling to confirm or should we just go and hope for the best?

tige07

I don't call to confirm, but I do take my confirmation slip. The way I figure it, if they in any way mess up my ressie, they will more than make it up to me.

So far, I've never had a problem.

Originally posted by addicted_to_WDW
I don't call to confirm, but I do take my confirmation slip. The way I figure it, if they in any way mess up my ressie, they will more than make it up to me.

So far, I've never had a problem.

OK, you've peaked my curiousity! :-)

When you say they would more than make it up to you....how would you go about it and what would you request they do? I don't anticipate problems either, but it would be good to know just in case!

Thanks!

tige

If there was a problem when I got there, I'd just explain that it is their mistake, and it is taking up my vacation time. You could get a free dinner, gift basket, free night, or something similar. :)

BTW, I, too, worry about reservation problems before trips! ;)

We ALWAYS confirm! We confirm our PS, as well. Better safe than sorry!

We always confirm. I also write down the name of the CM that I speak with on the date that I call. IMO, it is important to confirm this type of reservation just as it is to confirm a flight...Take your confirmation slip with you to WDW. We stayed at the Contemporary last summer & our room reservations were messed up - I had all of my info to back my reservation up and we ended up with a free upgrade! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter