confessions of YOUR mother

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
not you, your mother

So did your mom ever tell you about something that she did when you were growing up that is just too funny???

Mine told me that she used to have her gf over and have some drinks and chit chat, they were in the house but they had all us kids outside and would give us lunch of sandwich and milk THROUGH THE KITCHEN WINDOW!!:rotfl2: we weren't coming back inside anytime soon LOL

GO MOM GO MOM :lmao:

Mine told me something recently that was just really weird and makes me go :scratchin:

She said before she and my biological father their first (and only) house, they lived on a commune. :scared1:

TOV

Why do girls start to call their friends gf's? It's crazy because it's only a girlfriend if she has to do with a man, not 2 ladies!

Even worse for me here!

My Grandmothers past!!!!:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
:eek: Who knew they did 'that' in "those' days??????:confused3

she waited till i was an adult to tell, but-she came close to school expulsion for her behaviour on several occasions. most notably for a 'crime spree' in elementary school. her older sister complained of a boring math teacher so mom decided to liven things up and called in (over several weeks) separate orders of pizzas, ice cream, donuts and other goodies to be deliverd to her sister's classroom. in an attempt to stop this, administration installed a large sign at the entrance to the school that read 'no deliveries to classrooms, all deliveries must go through main office'. not to be deterred-she called a local bakery and ordered a large sheet cake and ice cream with 'happy bday mr. x' (principal's name) on it-telling the person to please ignore the sign because it was for a 'surprise party' for the principal who would be tipped off if they went to admin:rolleyes1

my mother is also well known in our family as the 'nun corruptor':rotfl2: apparantly when my brothers went to catholic school she befriended many of the nuns and began the practice of driving them on 'errands'. generaly the errands were quickly dispatched so she and the sisters could head back to the family home for a couple of beers, some cigarettes and a healthy dose of watching soap operas:happytv: suffice it to say that several of the sisters after being around mom opted to reconsider their callings and leave their orders.

she waited till i was an adult to tell, but-she came close to school expulsion for her behaviour on several occasions. most notably for a 'crime spree' in elementary school. her older sister complained of a boring math teacher so mom decided to liven things up and called in (over several weeks) separate orders of pizzas, ice cream, donuts and other goodies to be deliverd to her sister's classroom. in an attempt to stop this, administration installed a large sign at the entrance to the school that read 'no deliveries to classrooms, all deliveries must go through main office'. not to be deterred-she called a local bakery and ordered a large sheet cake and ice cream with 'happy bday mr. x' (principal's name) on it-telling the person to please ignore the sign because it was for a 'surprise party' for the principal who would be tipped off if they went to admin:rolleyes1

my mother is also well known in our family as the 'nun corruptor':rotfl2: apparantly when my brothers went to catholic school she befriended many of the nuns and began the practice of driving them on 'errands'. generaly the errands were quickly dispatched so she and the sisters could head back to the family home for a couple of beers, some cigarettes and a healthy dose of watching soap operas:happytv: suffice it to say that several of the sisters after being around mom opted to reconsider their callings and leave their orders.

"Nun Corruptor":rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My mother loves to tell the story about having to stop at the store on the way to the hospital while in labor for me. She knew she'd be stuck in the hospital for a few days, so she had to buy an extra CARTON of cigarettes:scared1: The scarier part was that I born after only 15 minutes in the hospital--she could have had me in some dirty gas station instead! She also had a admitted that her most relaxing times with my sister and I when we were infants was laying on the living room floor, nursing, watching soaps, smoking a cigarette! And she was a MATERNITY NURSE. This was 30-something years ago though, but seems so shocking to me now.

"Nun Corruptor":rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My mother loves to tell the story about having to stop at the store on the way to the hospital while in labor for me. She knew she'd be stuck in the hospital for a few days, so she had to buy an extra CARTON of cigarettes:scared1: The scarier part was that I born after only 15 minutes in the hospital--she could have had me in some dirty gas station instead! She also had a admitted that her most relaxing times with my sister and I when we were infants was laying on the living room floor, nursing, watching soaps, smoking a cigarette! And she was a MATERNITY NURSE. This was 30-something years ago though, but seems so shocking to me now.

OMG!!!! you just reminded me-my mom tells of how she got shots at the doctor's home to induce her labor with me but they took effect too fast so dad had to rush her in the stationwagon to the hospital. she was so scared she would'nt get another smoke for a long time she stuffed some cigarettes and matches into her bra. by the time she got to the hospital her water had broken and her dress was soaked, so the nurses start getting her out of it and into a gown. well apparantly her undergarments 'shifted' during the ride-so when they went to help remove her underpants they find several soaked, broken cigarettes stuck to her along with tobacco all over her 'privates' and thighs.:scared1: :rotfl:

HA! The cigarrette stories are making me :rotfl:

My Mom and Grandma both smoked when they were pregnant. Since I lost my own Mom was I was 13, she never really got to the stage of being able to tell me her secrets, but my Grandma was another story.

She told us that when she was pregnant with my Mom and my Uncle (twins) that she would send my Grandpa around the corner for a bucket of beer if she had a craving!!! :eek:

Of course, these days that would be taboo, but way back when, smoking and drinking were AOK. Both Mom and Uncle were born very healthy and cute and grew up just fine. It's hilarious to hear about some of the things my Grandma and Grandpa did when they were young and wild.

Tracy

:rotfl2: Except for the maternity nurse part, that could have been my mom.

She also put off going to the hospital because she wouldn't be able to smoke in the delivery room. My grandmother forced her to go to the hospital and I was delivered 10 minutes later. :rotfl: And, I was her second child, it wasn't like this was all a mystery to her.

not you, your mother

So did your mom ever tell you about something that she did when you were growing up that is just too funny???

Mine told me that she used to have her gf over and have some drinks and chit chat, they were in the house but they had all us kids outside and would give us lunch of sandwich and milk THROUGH THE KITCHEN WINDOW!!:rotfl2: we weren't coming back inside anytime soon LOL

GO MOM GO MOM :lmao:

:rotfl:

My mother was sort of the same. My mom, her sister and her best girlfriend would get together frequently. My mom always had us kids in tow, and her sister and her friend always had their kids too. They would send us outside and they would be inside smoking and drinking. Nobody got rip roaring drunk or anything, but they were always "happy". LOL. They probably needed it - between the 3 of them there were 17 kids! :scared1:
I love passing lunch through the window though. That just cracks me up. :lmao:

My mom and aunt are very close and lived together when both of their husbands were in Vietnam. They told me and my cousins that when we were little they used to pack us up in the car, get us ice cream from A&W and then drive around looking for people to race. They have one particular story where they were racing and had to turn a corner, my aunts door opened and my mother had to drive and hold her in because there was no way they were losing. All, the while we were sitting in the back eating our ice cream.

What makes the story even funnier to envision, my mother is 4'9 on a good day, so she always had a board strapped to the gas pedal and sat on telephone books! Evidently she and my aunt had quite the reputation around town.

Kelly

My mom used to walk to the store during lunch break at school every day and buy cigarettes with her lunch money. :rotfl:

The most horrible thing she ever told me was that I was conceived in a tent on a camping trip with the sound of hoot owls in the background. EWWWWWW way TMI, mom.

Well, my Mom did a LOT of things while we were growing up that I am sure she will never spill, but she did let something slip a few years ago that I didn't find funny.

When I was about 15 I had a cat I loved very much. I was gone for a few weeks visiting my Grandma and when I came home my cat was missing. I spent the next few weeks searching for her and was heartbroken. We moved into town and I would still go out and search for her for probably a year after that, I just couldn't stand the thought of her being lost in the country, maybe looking for me or going to our old house and wondering where we were.

25 years later we were visiting my brother and talking about old times and my cat came up and she was telling how it would bring presents into the house (mice and etc...) that summer while I was gone. Then she said when my cat brought the snake into the house it was time for her to go, as soon as she said it she knew she was in trouble. I was shocked and even though it had been 25 years I was hurt, I couldn't believe it! Since I now knew the truth she finally told me the story that she had found my cat a home on a farm after the snake incident.

I don't know how she could stand to watch me search for my cat day and after day and never say anything. I can't imagine putting my child through that. :(

My mom was trouble growing up lol...

She attended and all girls Catholic school and in 6th grade she convinced her friends to sneak over to the convent and peak into the windows because she wanted to settle a bet they had about whether or not the nuns wore underwear under their clothing... they did btw.

Mom skipped just about every Friday of school in highschool so that she could curl her hair for Friday night dates- her mom worked and left long before she and her sister had to go to school.

She and her best friend used to say "irk" in their classrooms and it would spread with everyone saying it off and on- you don't move your mouth to say it so the teacher could never figure out just who it was doing this...

She played on the basketball team- and they wore skirts as uniforms and each game she and the other players would shorten their skirts- there is a picture in my mom's Senior year book where she barely has a skirt to cover her bloomers lol

I later attended the same school she did and there were still some of the old nuns (retired from teaching but still at the school) and they used to follow me around because I was my mother's daughter and they were scared I followed too closely in her footsteps...

I have only just recently started letting my dd know of some of my own escapades... some will have to wait until she is a bit older- but the one's I have shared are to let her know that I've been there and done that and that it is likely I wouldn't find out if she tried stuff too...

My mom loves to tell the story of her sister. When they walked to school, my aunt loved to jump out in the road and taunt drivers as they went by. This went on for awhile until one day, the driver happened to be their dad....and he was not pleased! My mom was!!:laughing:

Well not funny or a cute story, but when I was in my late twenties I found out that my "cousin", son of my very favorite Great Aunt and Great Uncle was really my half brother. Just a WOW! WHAT? moment.
JC

My birth mother finally after all of these years confirmed the suspicion that everyone who ever met me before I got married always thought.....that I was named after a song that was popular around the time I was born.

She loved the song and so, yep, she named me it. CRAZY WOMAN....I can't believe she talked my father into it, what was she thinking.....do you know how much teasing I got about that over the years :sad2: . I guess it could have been worse.......she wanted to name my sister Bambi ;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter