• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confessions of a Disney Convert: A March 2017 Trip

My family loved the Frozen show. DH and I as well as my 17yo DS were laughing at the grown up jokes they had. My 5yo then was singing to her hearts content. When the snow came we were so further back we didnt get any. So when we came back summer of last year we lined at the right spot to get the close to middle seat. it was perfect! You would think this kid has not seen snow ever which is further from the truth living in NJ.

I didn't know that the snow doesn't reach all the way back! Definitely good to know! And I think we're just in a mermaid phase at our house, so the Little Mermaid show won more of our hearts than Frozen, but still a sweet show.

Awww, I love your TR so far! Taking both of my kids at that age was so magical, and I'm glad you didn't wait until she was older. There's something really special about them really believing the magic.

How funny that she went back and forth on Star Wars being scary and demanding that you all see the cave and the march again. Love!

I felt like I was watching her grow up just a little bit in those moments: fear turning into excitement and back to fear again. She went through a phase (after we watched the Wizard of Oz, why did we do that?) where she was frightened of the trees outside her window, thinking they would come to life like the apple trees in the movie, and she's already outgrowing that.

I think she's learning that sometimes a little scare can be kind of fun, especially if you can use the force to keep the bad guys in their place!

Great day at DHS! One observation that you may want to correct: In the section where you were at Pixar, you spelled out R's full name. Don't know if this was by accident or intentional... :)

Thank you so very much for pointing this out. I did correct it, just to preserve some little bit of her anonymity. Thank you again.

Loving your TR! First of all your writing style is entertaining and filled with all the little details and thoughts that make it interesting to read. And then the AMAZING photos! I am guessing that you used a nice SLR of some type to take them. What camera did you use? Lens? The photos are in my top ten list of TR photos that I have seen here on the DIS. Such clarity and wonderful camera angles!

You daughter is adorable. I live in Central Illinois about two and a half hours outside of Chicago. So, I know exactly what you mean when you said you remember driving to WDW as a child and reading books on the long car ride.

Loving your TR! First of all your writing style is entertaining and filled with all the little details and thoughts that make it interesting to read. And then the AMAZING photos! I am guessing that you used a nice SLR of some type to take them. What camera did you use? Lens? The photos are in my top ten list of TR photos that I have seen here on the DIS. Such clarity and wonderful camera angles!

You daughter is adorable. I live in Central Illinois about two and a half hours outside of Chicago. So, I know exactly what you mean when you said you remember driving to WDW as a child and reading books on the long car ride.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I committed to writing it all down while it's still fresh in my mind so that I wouldn't lose those details to time, and I'm glad if anyone else enjoys them, too!

As for the pictures, a lot of them are from an iPhone, but I also took photos with my Nikon D7100. Mostly I used the kit lens, but for the welcome show and parade at MK, I used a Sigma 70-300mm lens. I love taking pictures as a hobby, but I know there are some amazing photographers on these boards.

Do you make continue to make the drive when you go to Disney? There's something about the anticipation that builds on a long car ride like that!

Your trip report is so fun! And your daughter looks like an American Girl doll. She's adorable! Can't wait for more!

Great Trip Report! Hippos go Berserk is my favorite Sandra Boynton book! I would have quoted the picture but my iPad is being less then cooperative.

One hippo all alone, calls two hippos on the phone.

Post 6: A Day of Rest (with Lilo and Stitch)

I woke up earlier than my two travel buddies on this morning, and that gave me time to stare at the ceiling and think about how unrelentingly fun our first few days of the trip had been. Of course then it immediately occurred to me that the trip was now more than halfway over. We'd waited so long, and I'd thought so hard about how to make sure this little girl (and her grownup parents) had the time of her life, and now we were here having it. It was automatically bittersweet to think that soon it would be over.

I decided I needed to shake myself out of this slightly silly sadness about a trip ending before it's actually ended (is there a name for that?) so I hopped in the shower and was delighted to discover a tiny hidden Mickey in the bathtub tile. I got R dressed and let B take his time this morning, as R was in the mood for another statue photo shoot. She'd never been so into having her photo taken before this trip!

enhance

She was also wearing an Ariel dress, so of course she needed to twirl her skirt in front of the mermaid herself. This dress is a 3T, so the fact that it was a little short on her is only one more reminder that she is growing way too fast.

When we got back to the room, B was almost finished getting ready and we decided against the stroller this morning. Now comes the part that I had been hemming and hawing about for much of our trip. Before getting down there, I had no idea how to get from the AoA to the Poly in the most efficient way. I'm still a little fuzzy on that. We had talked to D and K the day before about options, and they suggested taking a bus either to MK or Epcot and then the monorail. When we walked up to the bus stop lines at 7:40, the MK line was drastically long, while we could be certain that we'd get on the next Epcot bus. I knew it would mean an extra monorail transfer, but we decided to get in that line.

And then an MK bus pulled up.

And then another.

And then another. This one the extended kind, with the accordioned section that always makes me a little queasy :)

I regretted my decision and thought about joining the MK line, but in the end an Epcot bus pulled up and I thought we were on our way, smooth sailing. Once we arrived at Epcot, which I have never been to, I asked the bus driver to point me to the monorail. He got a confused look on my face and said it probably wasn't running yet. It was 8:30 at this point. I asked him to point me that way anyway, we walked in that direction hoping he was wrong.

He was! It was running, but we'd just missed one. We didn't get on one until 8:41. Our reservation was at 9:05.

This is probably where I should mention that I absolutely hate being late. My husband is almost always late. My kid, being 3, has no concept of time and is therefore almost always late. But I can't stand it. I'd rather get somewhere 25 minutes early and happily twiddle my thumbs than rush in at the last moment. Sometimes this is a strength, but sometimes it's a weakness. Because when it's 8:41 and we're two trains away from our 9:05 reservation, I am not a happy camper.

Luckily the monorail was exciting for R, and though we waited a bit once we got to the TTC, the Poly gloating at us in the near distance, the single stop ride from there was mercifully brief and we checked in at exactly 9:05. I was all sweaty at the prospect that they might cancel our reservation, cancel our trip, kick us out of Disney for being late, but now I could relax.

We waited just a few minutes before the buzzer went off and we were taken to our table, which was in a corner facing windows that looked out on the water and the castle in the distance. R was almost completely oblivious, had no idea what was about to come.

enhance

Here she is blissfully eating the Stitch waffles (she declared that they were better than the Mickey waffles), the bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuit, and everything else not nailed to the table. She is an incredibly hearty eater in the mornings, but even this was over the top! She loved the Stitch juice as well.

And here's the moment she spots Mickey:
enhance

And the moment she realizes he's coming to OUR table, too!
enhance

In the flesh! Many of the following pictures were taken on a phone by K, who kindly stepped into the photographer role while I helped R hug her friends and hand off the autograph book.

enhance

Mickey signed her autograph book, and B and I quietly marveled at how the two Mickeys had signed in exactly the same way. I would never have guessed that the attention to detail went down to that level. Furthermore, that they sign in similar ways while wearing those gloves is just amazing to me. *Note the cake in the corner of this picture, which has had the icing licked off of it. That is the only thing R left behind on her plate.

We had just a quick visit with Pluto, as a CM quickly whisked him away to some other part of the room, but I wish I had taken a picture of him signing the book on the bridge of his nose! R loved it.

But then R spotted her main dude.

enhance

She was thrilled! Lilo and Stitch, of all things, was the first Disney movie R ever watched. I think it was because it happened to be on Netflix. But she instantly fell in love, and she would only talk about all things Lilo and Stitch for months. I came to love the movie myself, and I always love when I catch R singing to herself the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride song.

When her grandparents sent her a stuffed Stitch in the mail, she squealed excitedly, but then looked in the box and said, "Where's Lilo?" It turns out that plush Lilo dolls were quite hard to find - I think I've seen a plastic one more recently, but R is more of a plush/stuffed animal kind of kid. She was quite sad about not having a Lilo, so I knew this chance to meet Lilo up close would be very exciting for her.

But just as we could see her making her way to our table, the parade started up! B grabbed a maraca for R and they joined the line of adorable kids dancing along to the music.

Here comes Mickey!
enhance

And R is still slightly on the lookout for Lilo here:
enhance

As the parade was coming close to an end, another delightfully happy toddler was shaking her maraca contentedly when she suddenly looked up and realized the woman who was right behind her wasn't her mother and promptly burst into tears. She was scooped up by an employee and hustled back in the direction of her table.

And then it was time for R's main girl.
enhance

Followed by what is possibly my favorite picture of the morning. Lilo motioned to us to hold out our arms like we were surfing, so B and I of course obliged. R did not exactly understand the instructions, so this is her using the force (which she learned yesterday at DHS) with Lilo. Plus amazing food in the foreground. Seriously, this was a delicious breakfast.

enhance

We plodded our way over to K and D's room - I was not paying close attention to where it was, but not too far from the main building, where they packed up their remaining things and got ready to check out. We took a walk around while K and D checked out, and R started clamoring to go swimming.

We made that our immediate plan for our return to the AoA. With that plan in mind, we took the monorail to the MK and then made our way to the bus stop. Including this photo here because I really don't know where R inherited her fashion sense, but she always makes it work. Bow, shoes, sunglasses, dress: all her choice :)
enhance

Once we got back to the resort, D and K had to check in again. D had lost his credit card somewhere on the trip, so there was a little bit of a hassle getting them squared away. It turned out that the room next to ours was going to be free, so we just lucked into adjoining rooms for the last two nights of our trip.

We got back to the room, changed our clothes, and headed down to the Flipping Fins pool for a little while. Here is where I have to apologize again because once I was in the pool, there was no chance any pictures were going to be taken. Not because I don't want to be photographed in a bathing suit (though it's not really in my top ten list of things to do), but just because I love to swim and even more am loving watching R as she takes her first tentative steps at learning how to swim.

So in lieu of photos of us swimming on the trip, here's a couple of those moments, if you'll indulge me!

Right after her very first swim lesson, at 6 months old:
enhance

And this past summer at Grandma and Grandpa's pool:
enhance

We spent about 45 minutes at Ariel's pool, and then R expressed a desire to go to the splash pad we'd seen the other day at the Nemo pool. So we dried off a bit and took the walk in that direction, stopping to play with the hyenas again.

I'd say we were at the Nemo pool for about an hour or so more, with a quick round of grownup drinks once we scored a shaded table and chairs. Mudslides and strawberry margaritas were equally tasty. R loved chasing the fountains of water, and eventually insisted on "teaching" her grandfather how to put his feet over the fountain and wait for it to shoot up and soak him. She also took two bathroom breaks, and there's probably nothing worse than peeling off and pulling back on a damp swimsuit, so when she said for a third time that she needed to go to the bathroom, I figured it was time to get out of our wet clothes.

We traipsed back to our room and decided a bath was in order. It was probably never going to be easier to give her a bath than in a tub where she could so easily pretend to be Ariel. We all put on fresh clothes and headed back to the buses and were rewarded with a very prompt bus to Disney Springs at about 3:30.

Once on the bus, I took a quick scan of the MDE app to see if any restaurant reservations were available. We had no plans, but I felt nervous with no plans. A 4:30 reservation at Raglan Road had appeared, and we all agreed it sounded good so I booked it. That gave us a little bit time to wander before lining up for our reservation.

I had never been to Downtown Disney, and I was a little surprised when first walking in to Disney Springs at the high end shops that seemed to greet us from all sides. On the bus on the way over, R's grandmother reminded R that she would let R pick out a very special gift while we were here (R carefully explained that she knew she couldn't have 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6 things, which was sweet). D joked as we walked in that he was hopeful R would choose the World of Disney to shop in rather than the stores we were passing, as otherwise they might be bankrupt before the end of the trip.

We had some time, so we looked around in the Lego shop and R continued her love affair with being photographed.

enhance
enhance

At 4:25 we checked in at Raglan Road, and already I wondered why I'd worried about a reservation. It was early, lots of other restaurants looked plenty open for seating, and even Raglan Road was only about half full. But we waited.

And waited.

At 4:45 I checked back, and the flustered host said that they didn't have any open tables because people were sitting and watching the performers and not getting up. That seemed odd because there were plenty of open tables, but I let it go. Ten minutes later I was that customer I always hated when I was a host many years ago, asking if there were any tables yet again. This time she said she was waiting for servers to come on their shift, but then changed her mind and said that they just didn't have any tables. I felt bad for her because the situation was obviously beyond her control, and something clearly wasn't going right, but she couldn't say what it was. So I did again a thing that I hated when people did it, which was continue to stand at the desk. Oh, how I hated hoverers. And then I became one. I wish I had a better excuse for my behavior, as we had been waiting 25 minutes beyond our reservation, which wasn't terrible, but I can't commend enough the host and her manager who eventually seated us for doing the best they could.

It was the only minorly sour moment of our trip, and I think I had done the most to make it so. I resolved to be a better customer for the rest of the meal and to make sure to thank the host on the way out.

Everyone enjoyed their meals: R had a cheeseburger, I had fish and chips, and . . . I was so focused on those fish and chips I paid no attention to anyone else's meal. R was again momentarily starstruck when one of the step dancers who had set up a board right in front of our table and given a short performance tried to chat her up. He was very kind and sweet to her. I had a quick word with the server to make sure my father in law didn't try to pay for dinner, and we settled up and were off to the World of Disney.

enhance

R was disappointed that we never got a chance to meet Sleeping Beauty in the flesh, so this was a good runner-up.

We thought for sure she'd be in the store for hours deciding what to buy. That's her usual m.o. in Target, Kohls, or any other store I make the mistake of bringing her into. She likes to touch every single thing and say, "Isn't this beautiful?" But tonight, she made a beeline for a set of small princess dolls: Tinker Bell, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Jasmine. And that was it! No substitutions, exchanges, or refunds, as the Genie would say! We were stunned, but agreeable.

Our purchase made, I made a quick stop into Ghirardelli for a sample while R shrieked at Stitch spitting on the sidewalk. Then we decided to call it an early night and found our way to the bus stop. We saw a Pop Century bus swing into the station and decided to hop on. The walk from that resort to AoA was so pleasant at that time of night: cool but not too cool, just the tiniest bit of drizzle, and big excitement for R: lizards and frogs! She got so close to one frog I thought we might have a Tiana situation on our hands, but as soon as he hopped toward her she bellowed and jumped back, then laughed at her own fear. We relaxed into bed at night, our feet finally feeling rested and with R discussing her big plans to wear her Belle dress to eat at Beast's castle tomorrow.

To close, the face of a girl who's not convinced that tomorrow is our last day in Disney World.
enhance

So glad you had a such a great "relaxing" day! I always make a point of taking a day off from the resorts when visiting Disney, it's worth it! R sounds like she really enjoyed the entire character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Too funny about the frog "interaction"!

Following along! I am loving your trip report! your little girl is beautiful!!

Haven't got far through the report yet but I am loving your writing style and your incredible pictures! It's always fun to hear stories of the ways the Disney magic captures people! Little R is so adorable as well - we have plans to take our niece to Disney in a few years when she's 9 (we are from Australia and so want her, on what might be a once in a lifetime trip for her) to be able to remember the trip! For our part my husband and I have been to Disney many many times (and now almost every park in the world minus Disneyland Paris) but we've never experienced the parks with a child so I'll be following along for all kinds of info about how that's best done thanks for taking me to my happy place through your report

I am really enjoying reading about your family's trip! You have an entertaining writing style and your daughter is just the cutest!

I am also a late Disney convert; your title sucked me in. I used to make fun of my best friend for her Disney obsession...until I took my husband and two daughters in 2009. Now, I'm way more obsessed than she ever was. I can't really explain it - it just makes me happy.

I am really enjoying reading about your family's trip! You have an entertaining writing style and your daughter is just the cutest!

I am also a late Disney convert; your title sucked me in. I used to make fun of my best friend for her Disney obsession...until I took my husband and two daughters in 2009. Now, I'm way more obsessed than she ever was. I can't really explain it - it just makes me happy.

I hear ya. I used to be one of those naysayers - shaking my head at people who dropped thousands and thousands on Disney. I figured we would maybe go once or maybe twice and it would be fun, but no big deal. We went once for a 3 night super budget trip...and promptly booked a 10 night trip 3 months later.

OP - been loving your story (and am getting sad that your last day is coming and this report will end soon)

Great Trip Report! Hippos go Berserk is my favorite Sandra Boynton book! I would have quoted the picture but my iPad is being less then cooperative.

One hippo all alone, calls two hippos on the phone.

We always get a little sad when we get to him all alone again, missing the other 44. :)

So glad you had a such a great "relaxing" day! I always make a point of taking a day off from the resorts when visiting Disney, it's worth it! R sounds like she really enjoyed the entire character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. Too funny about the frog "interaction"!

It really was a fun meal! I wasn't sure what to expect from character breakfasts, having never done one, but I think even the grownups had a wonderful time!

Following along! I am loving your trip report! your little girl is beautiful!!

Thanks for reading!

Haven't got far through the report yet but I am loving your writing style and your incredible pictures! It's always fun to hear stories of the ways the Disney magic captures people! Little R is so adorable as well - we have plans to take our niece to Disney in a few years when she's 9 (we are from Australia and so want her, on what might be a once in a lifetime trip for her) to be able to remember the trip! For our part my husband and I have been to Disney many many times (and now almost every park in the world minus Disneyland Paris) but we've never experienced the parks with a child so I'll be following along for all kinds of info about how that's best done thanks for taking me to my happy place through your report

Oh, I hope you have the best time with your niece! With a preschooler it has definitely been all about doing things over and over again, but I bet a 9 year old will have a different take!

Oh yes, I will probably have to keep my new-found enthusiasm a little quiet lest I be mocked by the people who know I used to roll my eyes at it!

I hear ya. I used to be one of those naysayers - shaking my head at people who dropped thousands and thousands on Disney. I figured we would maybe go once or maybe twice and it would be fun, but no big deal. We went once for a 3 night super budget trip...and promptly booked a 10 night trip 3 months later.

OP - been loving your story (and am getting sad that your last day is coming and this report will end soon)

Thank you for reading! I'm getting sad too, so have been dragging it out.

Post 7: Magic Kingdom, Take 2

So if you have or have ever had a 3 year old, you might be able to sympathize with our current predicament in which R wants to do things on repeat all the time. Just finished listening to the Moana soundtrack? Let's listen again! Just watched an episode of Sarah and Duck (a great little cartoon if you've never seen it)? Let's watch that same exact episode four more times! Just wore that dress to school yesterday? Why can't I wear it every day?

I think I've seen that advice given out around here before that if your preschooler wants to do the same ride a dozen times, think about letting them. They're not bound by our plans. I guess the same could be said of our whole day. I think part of it is the joy of knowing something you love, and part of it is feeling like she understands what's coming next. So that's why in so many ways this day at MK felt like a repeat of our first day: in so many ways, it was! We had a wonderful time watching R see it all the second time over with no less joy.

A few things were different, of course. When we woke up, my in-laws were just next door getting ready, and they helped wrangle R once she was in her Belle dress while I dressed and packed the backpack one last time. The ponchos looked a little sad, still in their package unused, but I knew if I took them out, it would pour buckets. So you're welcome, everybody else who was at MK that day: it didn't rain because I had the ponchos packed. We were depleting our cereal bar supply, which was good: less to pack for the plane ride home tomorrow. We rolled out of the rooms at about 7:40, getting us to the bus lines at 7:50.

Once in line, two buses pulled up at once and we got right on. R with the cool kids at the back of the bus:

enhance

In what felt like no time at all we were off the bus, through security, and on our way into the park. While R took a photo with her grandparents, I stopped in at the first shop I saw to ask for a first visit pin for R, which I had neglected to get until now!

enhance

We walked a bit more slowly toward this castle this time; I wanted to linger and marvel at the cupcakes and krispy treats and other treats in the windows, but B's family doesn't seem to have the same affection for sugar as I do and so I reluctantly kept walking.
We were once again at the castle at about 8:30, but this time the crowd had already filled in the closest spots and the group people lined up in the direction of the mine train was quite thick. So far, R had not complained once about her dress, much to my surprise! We milled about and I took a few pictures.

enhance
enhance

Soon enough, the welcome show began again. I kept checking R's reaction for the least flicker of boredom, of comparatively less excitement. If anything, she was more excited as she could predict what was going to happen next!

enhance
enhance
enhance
enhance

We let R pick our first ride of the day, and she chose Winnie the Pooh, saying she hoped it wasn't broken. After making our way through the thick crowds headed to other rides, we walked right onto the ride. I had never been on it before, but it is quite adorable! R wondered if the honey pots we were climbing into would be sticky, and we were all glad to learn that no, they were not.

Continuing to let R lead the way, logic be darned, she wanted to ride Ariel once again. We obliged, and it was another walk-on.
enhance

My favorite part of the ride:
enhance

Once off, we thought we'd check the lines to meet Ariel. This was something we couldn't do on Monday because we never saw the line shorter than 35 minutes, but once again, we practically walked right in.

enhance

Ariel did a wonderful job of chatting with a star-struck R, telling her as we left that she hopes R finds her voice just like she did.

We collected the stroller and headed toward Storybook Circus. A quick note: one thing I haven't mentioned at all but probably should have is just how much time we spent parking and unparking the stroller! It struck me as oddly funny that there were stroller attendants; I don't know why! We have a stroller that every third person in the park had: a Mickey Mouse umbrella stroller, mostly black and red. I have no doubt that the stroller we came with is not the stroller we brought home, as so many times the stroller was not where we left it, folded when we had left it unfolded and vice versa, but it's safe to say that we all ended up with essentially the same thing in the end, and I was in no rush to judge when it seemed likely that someone had "traded" theirs for ours.

R decided this morning that she only wanted to ride with me, which I think is funny because I hate most rides. So onto the Barnstormer I went with her, and then we got in line for Dumbo just as they were opening the second set of elephants. Almost no wait for either of these rides either, but I was able to convince R to ride with her grandfather on this last one.

enhance

I loved her impatience when Dumbo didn't immediately obey her commands to go "higher! higher!"

So far the Belle dress wasn't itching or bothering her. We even made it through a potty break, which I thought for sure was going to be the end of it. But she reassured me that she wanted to wear it until after lunch at Beast's castle.

enhance

Next it was on to our first FP of the day, Peter Pan! R had loved it so much the first time around, the repeat was of course necessary. We made it a girls' trip across the sky, R nestled between her grandmother and me. As we sailed past the mermaids she hushed us: they were clearly sleeping and we shouldn't wake them up.

Once again in the bright light of day, I knew that this was going to be the hottest day of the trip. I set to reapplying sunscreen to myself and to the kid's incredibly fair skin. Her skin is so fair and sensitive that the sunscreen itself was causing a small rash, but she was not bothered and so I tried not to be.

It was time for another re-run: the carousel yet again! D and K took a pass and headed off to try to ride Thunder Mountain, I believe, with plans to meet back in about 75 minutes.

enhance

Of course we had a 5 minute wait, which was terribly hard for this one:

enhance

We had about 15 minutes before our FP to meet Elena and Cinderella opened up, so after watching a few folks try their hand at the sword in the stone, we ducked into Mickey's Philharmagic. This was new to all of us! When the champagne corks popped, I'm not sure who squealed louder, R or me!

The show dumped us out right on time to get in line for the princesses, where the standby wait had already crept up to 65 minutes. Just as we were about to be let into the room with Cinderella and Elena, R decided she wanted to take her shoes off, so there was a bit of an awkward moment where we held up the line trying to convince R that the princesses really wanted to see her with her shoes ON, not off.

enhance

enhance

I think in this second picture, you can see just the tiniest bit of hunger creeping into R's eyes. We were all missing the lumberjack breakfast of yesterday at this point! We also had to book it out of there immediately, as we had an 11:40 reservation at Be Our Guest.

I could not believe the lines! D and K had stepped up to check in for us, and we were handed our yellow rose. We then weren't sure if we needed to stand in looooong line with all of the people holding menus, since we'd pre-ordered our meals, so I walked all the way up to the entrance and was told no, we could come right in. I hope no one who pre-ordered wasted time in that line; the initial hosts could have probably been a little bit clearer and I would hate to think that an extra direction or two could be the difference between cranky tired people and the cute inside of the castle. We confirmed our order, paid, and headed in.

R chose the Rose Gallery for our meal, wanting to be close to the spinning Belle and Beast. We all wondered aloud at how the food magically appeared at our places, and while R was in full meltdown mode at the beginning of the meal, a few green beans and grilled cheese bites later and she was back to her sunny self. We took full advantage of the AC, eating slowly. I had the quiche, which I thought was quite good. We all split bites of the Master's Cupcake, which was also delicious as promised! We ran into a small hiccup when B told R that Beast might be in the castle for a visit, and I tried to quietly correct him but it was too late. There was major disappointment that we would not be meeting Beast up close, which made me instantly regret not booking dinner instead. I told myself it was silly to worry over what couldn't be changed, though, especially as she'd had more than enough magical moments already.

So we took her for a spin around the other dining rooms and she stared in awe at the picture Beast "ripped when he was so mad."

enhance

She also was delighted to point out that she met Lumiere!
enhance

And now comes the costume change. The heat of the afternoon was only building, so before we left the restaurant we said a grateful goodbye to the Belle dress.

enhance

And a grateful goodbye to the castle, too.
enhance

With lunch in our bellies, we had about 35 minutes before our third FP, a pass I hastily changed from Pirates to the Tomorrowland Speedway, as our time in the arcade earlier in the week had given R a need for speed. D and K graciously waited with R in the hot line to meet Merida while B and I took a quick chance to get away and ride Space Mountain with our paper FPs from Monday's Winnie the Pooh malfunction.

47a7dd37b3127cce98549304d3f300000010100AZNWjZm3cs2eA

B's favorite element of Space Mountain:

enhance

After meeting back up with the grandparents and R, we headed to our racecars! The sun was pretty intense, and I wondered how people could bear to stand in that line in particular - it seems to offer no relief or shade at all.

Once off, I made a quick FP that got K, B, R, and I on the teacups immediately. D, not one for spinning rides, began heading in the direction of the beginning of the parade route, as R clearly wanted a repeat of those festivities, too. We took a quick detour at the Tangled toilets before meeting up with him. I thought for sure, with about 40 minutes before the parade was due to start, we'd get a little nap out of R if she sat still long enough. It was not meant to be.

Parade pics coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter