Confession and Question (5K related)

louloubelle84

Earning My Ears
So, I planned to begin walking during the summer with the goal of doing the 5K during the Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend since I was already planning to go for the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival.

However, I only actually walked for a few weeks, and at the lowest, got my mile to 16 minutes. I have hardly walked for exercise in the last two months, so now that I am planning the trip, I am wondering if I should even include the 5K.

On one hand, I have heard they don't sweep at the 5K and I am hoping that doing it would motivate me to take my training seriously so that I may be ready for the Princess Half next year. On the other hand, I don't want to waste my money if I don't have a chance of even finishing. Any advice? :blush:

They don't sweep. My dad and I did the Happy Haunted 5k the morning of the Tower of Terror 10 miler. I was doing both and didn't want to tire myself out for the big race that night. We walked it at a very easy pace, never even getting our heart rates up. We finished in over an hour, by far my worst 5k time ever. We were in the last corral and weren't even close to the last ones.

You still have a few weeks. If you walk/jog everyday between now and then, your time will improve enough that you will finish inside the sweep even if they did one. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter