Confession... and Advice... Please...

So happy you got a great deal, but honestly, I don't think it would have mattered. After reading the story of your mom picking up your Dad in her Beetle...clearly you have a connection to this car that will make you happy to have it, no matter what. Congrats on your new car.

I'm so excited! I can't believe that I'm picking it up today!

I had the choice between red and silver... I'm not a 'flashy' person - as much as I really liked the red, silver hides scratches and such a lot better - and as much as I hate to think about it, there will be scratches LOL

I started looking at the dealer on June 3rd... and I'll pick it up on July 2nd.... think I had enough time to think about the decision? HAHA

I never make decisions quickly, I have to consider all the angles! :scratchin

Anyway - thanks for all the well wishes - much appreciated!

Congratulations!! :goodvibes When it's right it's right! Enjoy!

OK, so I guess this is where we all end up.... on Paul Harvey.... with the REST of the story! HAHA

So I had a block of time today to get some things wrapped up, and I also kind of gave myself today to either YES.... decide on buying a new car.... or NO.... keep our current car until payoff, and beyond.

Well, needless to day it wasn't easy. Several car dealerships, trying to figure out what works---- what doesn't.

I test drop a Hyundai Veloster - I think they are cool cars, and was the closest in body type to the Beetle... AND several thousand dollar cheaper.

But it just didn't wow me. As a matter of fact, I hated the test drive. The car is so heavy that it doesn't have any sort of coast at all, even on the interstate - you let off the gas.... you almost stop.

So I decided to head over to the Ford dealership and see what was on the lot.... nothing of interest.... and actually rude sales people, which was disappointing. I bought my first new car at that dealership and the finance manger always recognized me, called me by name and asked about my wife... yeah, just walked past me today.

So the VW dealership in town also sells Audi, and they just put in a pre-owned lot near the Ford dealership, so I stopped there to see if they had any used Beetles... they didn't.... BUT they did have it..... my car. My silver bettle with sunroof. Brand new, just on the lot as a delivery since their other dealership is actually a little difficult for semi trucks to make deliveries due to some construction that is take place just down the road from them... there is a temp bridge in place while one is being replaced.

SO the manger there sent me to the dealership with questions...

Today was the last day of their sales year - and the salesman that I had worked with before was quick to let me know that. He was with a family, he passed me on to the finance manager to answer a few questions. Well, the finance manager was very quick to ask "How can I make your day?"

He gave me everything I asked for, KBB on our trade, upgraded warranty... the list goes on.

We are now saving far more than what we were going to before because the dealer needed to close the year out on goal - that's the rest of the story.

What I couldn't get before, I got this time - because they needed to sell a car more than I wanted to buy one! They didn't pressure me, didn't push, just gave me all the options and what they could do this time... that they weren't willing to do last time.

So... lesson learned - shop till you know it is right!

Not only did I get the car I wanted, I got full KBB for our trade, a warranty upgrade, and better financing terms! AWESOME DAY! :thumbsup2

Can't believe I am picking it up tomorrow! pixiedust:

Long live the Beetle!!!! :hippie:

CONGRATS!!!! I just can't believe in driving something average. :drive:

My dream car is the cool car that Cary Grant drove in Topper. I have the 6th best thing, a PT Cruiser convertible in lavender. All I can say is that I understand and enjoy your new car!

My daughter has two friends with the slightly older Beetle convertible. They both have had some maintenance problems and the costs have been pretty high according to them.
The car had been on my radar as a possibility for my next car, but I'm worried about the maintenance so it's pretty much dropped off my list.

I'm so excited! I can't believe that I'm picking it up today!

I had the choice between red and silver... I'm not a 'flashy' person - as much as I really liked the red, silver hides scratches and such a lot better - and as much as I hate to think about it, there will be scratches LOL

I started looking at the dealer on June 3rd... and I'll pick it up on July 2nd.... think I had enough time to think about the decision? HAHA

I never make decisions quickly, I have to consider all the angles! :scratchin

Anyway - thanks for all the well wishes - much appreciated!

:yay: Congratulations!

A friend of mine retired as a school principal and found a slightly used (by a retired school teacher) VW Beetle convertible. She said she had always wanted one so she bought it. She has thoroughly enjoyed that car. I hope you enjoy yours just as much!

I live on a very steep hill in NH. Last winter, I got stuck halfway up with my new all season tires. A little yellow beetle flew by me, making the hill with no troubles! Must have had some hefty tires or chains but I felt a little silly sitting in the middle of the hill with the beetle going by!
Enjoy your new car!

I just bought a new Beetle Turbo about a month ago. I absolutely love this car--it is so much fun to drive. But I'm glad I purchased the extended warranty, as two things broke already. Not big items, but I think this car will visit the shop more than my previous car, which was a Honda.

I used to own a Kharman Ghia back in the day, and this car reminds me a lot of that.

I am a previous VW owner although not a beetle. One big thing to consider and factor in is maintenance. Of course it will not require a lot initially, but when it does it will be pricey.
Sorry if I'm a Debby Downer. :(

That would be my issue with any current VW, they have among the lowest reliability of any car on the road.

I have owned only one VW, a 2004 golf and it was perfect. Worked as a dealer tech for many years and have to say that even though parts are expensive and dealer only for some parts it is a very reliable car. Never saw a lot of issues with them any where I worked and lots of friends and family have had them. As a firefighter I have seem many VW's in accidents and they do very well for a small car! Have seen them save lives more than once! I prefer larger sport utilities but would not be upset with another VW sometime. Great on gas and fun to drive!

It came highly recommended by my mechanic. (And no that's not because my mechanic is a crook who is eager to bleed me dry, he's a very trustworthy guy!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter