Confess one weird thing

I have the same issues getting sick that you do!!!! And I do the same thing too.....just smile and back away from the sick people. Part of the reason I like most of DLs bathroom are because they have no "main" door and the faucets in a lot are automatic. :) Otherwise I too do the paper towel thing. lol

I think we both got sick in Jan 2008 from all that rain and cold weather at DL, right? As nice as the weather was this past January, I still ended up getting sick at DL. I was sick on my whole 3 weeks of vacation, came home and was still sick fighting it off for another 3 weeks after the vacation! :scared1: The asthma/allergies and getting sick just do not work well together. :sad1:

I, too, love that most restrooms at DL have no outer doors! I wish they would do that at most public restrooms in the real world, or at least put a trash can near the main dor for people like us! :laughing: I wish they all had the auto faucets! :laughing: I hate the restrooms in the real world that only have those air blowers to dry your hands! I saw a show about germs (probably on Dateline) and they mentioned that at one time they used to think they were more sanitary than paper towels, but now they know it's worse because it literally blows all the germs around and makes them airborne where we can inhale it!:scared1:Eeeewwww!:scared: I really am only paranoid because I get sick so often. I'm not really OCD, even though I sound like I am! (Not that there's anything wrong with people who are OCD.) :goodvibes Okay I'll stop now before I get myself into trouble...:rolleyes1
:rotfl::goodvibes

Are you a lefty? My DD is a lefty and it seems (from my reading) that mirror imaging is more natural to left-handed individuals.

My weird thing... hmmm.... I've never had a cup of coffee. Ever. I can't stand the taste.

No, a righty that was bed bound during the last 2 mths of my first pregnancy....loved to doodle & it just kinda happened. I can also write upside down & backwards...used to be able to do in in cursive...but haven't tried in a very long time......

For me: Labels must be facing out, everything has to be lined up, preferably by size or if it's not by size then in the order I use it (ex: shampoo, followed by conditioner, followed by face wash then followed by body wash).

Also, everything has its place, if something gets bumped causing it to move, then I have to put it back in its original place. The sponge for the kitchen sink must be placed to the far right hand side of the faucet, rough side up and placed horizontally.

I don't know why I do those things, but it must be done! :rotfl:

For me: Labels must be facing out, everything has to be lined up, preferably by size or if it's not by size then in the order I use it (ex: shampoo, followed by conditioner, followed by face wash then followed by body wash).

Also, everything has its place, if something gets bumped causing it to move, then I have to put it back in its original place. The sponge for the kitchen sink must be placed to the far right hand side of the faucet, rough side up and placed horizontally.

I don't know why I do those things, but it must be done! :rotfl:

You would die peeking into my medicine cabinet.

But I agree about the sponge.

Have you seen Sleeping With the Enemy with Julia Roberts? That's what that reminded me of...the husband that had to have all the canned food in the cupboards lined up perfectly....:laughing:

I think we both got sick in Jan 2008 from all that rain and cold weather at DL, right? As nice as the weather was this past January, I still ended up getting sick at DL. I was sick on my whole 3 weeks of vacation, came home and was still sick fighting it off for another 3 weeks after the vacation! :scared1: The asthma/allergies and getting sick just do not work well together. :sad1:

I, too, love that most restrooms at DL have no outer doors! I wish they would do that at most public restrooms in the real world, or at least put a trash can near the main dor for people like us! :laughing: I wish they all had the auto faucets! :laughing: I hate the restrooms in the real world that only have those air blowers to dry your hands! I saw a show about germs (probably on Dateline) and they mentioned that at one time they used to think they were more sanitary than paper towels, but now they know it's worse because it literally blows all the germs around and makes them airborne where we can inhale it!:scared1:Eeeewwww!:scared: I really am only paranoid because I get sick so often. I'm not really OCD, even though I sound like I am! (Not that there's anything wrong with people who are OCD.) :goodvibes Okay I'll stop now before I get myself into trouble...:rolleyes1
:rotfl::goodvibes

Yes and then we both had people telling we weren't sick because of the weather at DL because wetness doesn't make you sick. LOL Oh ya, I came back and within a day was home bound with a fever and found out later I had pnuemonia!!!! Luckily we caught it just as it was starting so I was able to fight it at home with antibiotics. I have the same issues you do, it starts as a cold and then blossoms into an infection of some kind and then becomes asthma and allergy related. Not fun......I was so happy because I was very careful when we were in DL in Jan and I was able to avoid getting sick, but I got really sick in late Feb and then spent the next 6 weeks coughing. :( I hate the blowing hand dryers, I just don't dry my hands, I will wave them around in the air or use toilet paper to dry them off then I go and use hand sanitizer on them when I leave the bathroom. lol I am not a germaphobe I just HATE being sick because like you, when I get it it sticks around forEVER!!!!

Here's a weird thing about me that is a physical trait and not a choice but I have 2 different colored eyes. One is brown and one is blue. Actually, the brown one has about a third of it that is blue on the top. I get lots of interesting questions like do i see brown out of one eye and blue out of the other and what does it say on my driver's license (it says blue, btw) and are those contacts. One person told me that i lost a contact as if I didn't notice that it fell out or something. :rotfl:

Yesterday in my pre-k class we were learning about faces and everyone has different color hair and eyes. I told them about your eyes and they were amazed! :)

Weird... Hmm... what do I do that is weird? You mean like intensely reading a forum thread on Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets? Or like having a Disney Princesses on my house key? Or the buying a Happy Meal at McDonald's just to get the plastic Disney figurine? Is that weird? Nah! :rotfl:

Ok, here is one, and it isn't even Disney related. I love Legos! I have them stashed in all kinds of strange places around the house. I haven't "played" with them in awhile but my favorite thing to make are buildings and rooms. I also like organizing them in little drawers, bins, and boxes. My boys especially liked it when they were younger and of course I had to get my nephew his first Lego set when he was one.

Someone told me never to talk about my body so that is weird, lol.:rotfl::rotfl2:

My weird thing is that my nose right now is very painful at ties throbs, and that happens when I have a wheat reaction. The wheat damages the stomach so I cannot absorb vitamins thus I feel pain more and heal slower. Neosporin + Pain is not working much if any. I once took months to heal a burn on my midriff which was not that bad and I went with Calvin the first week of March like about the 5th and I still have a chicken nugget sized lump and bruising.

I am worm phobic. Earthworms, slugs...and don't get me started about caterpillars. Just typing the word makes me cringe!!!!!

Oh, and I have my Teddy Bear (Teddy) that I got for my first Christmas in...wait for it....1961!!! He is pretty worn, but is a Steiff, so fairly sturdy!!!

I am worm phobic. Earthworms, slugs...and don't get me started about caterpillars. Just typing the word makes me cringe!!!!!

Oh, and I have my Teddy Bear (Teddy) that I got for my first Christmas in...wait for it....1961!!! He is pretty worn, but is a Steiff, so fairly sturdy!!!

So I have found your kryptonite. (insert muwahahaha here)

I absolutely must wear socks (and/or shoes) at all times when I'm in my hotel room. That includes in bed. Even when it's hot. EXCEPT when I'm taking a shower--but if I could wear them in there, I would. Yah, I know there are aqua socks, but I DO have to wash my feet . . .

That being said, I still think Judy from Boise is hanging on to the prize.

So I have found your kryptonite. (insert muwahahaha here)

Seriously....makes me shudder. Need to wear gloves if I garden!! Have to come in the house if I even see a caterpillar!!!!

And Stacie, use those powers only for good!!!

I absolutely must wear socks (and/or shoes) at all times when I'm in my hotel room. That includes in bed. Even when it's hot. EXCEPT when I'm taking a shower--but if I could wear them in there, I would. Yah, I know there are aqua socks, but I DO have to wash my feet . . .

You know, I should develop that plan. My white socks were ever so not white after walking around in my last hotel room. Ewwwww.

I also agree that Judy is the winner so far!!!

I have been told I am the hands down winner and I have not even broke out some of my really gross things yet.

Here's a weird thing about me that is a physical trait and not a choice but I have 2 different colored eyes. One is brown and one is blue. Actually, the brown one has about a third of it that is blue on the top. I get lots of interesting questions like do i see brown out of one eye and blue out of the other and what does it say on my driver's license (it says blue, btw) and are those contacts. One person told me that i lost a contact as if I didn't notice that it fell out or something. :rotfl:
Oooh - that's like Jayne Seymour the actress. She has one brown and one green I think. That's a cool trait. Do you know what causes it? Usually we are prediposed by genetics to have darker coloring or lighter coloring (eyes, hair, skin). I wonder what happens when you get one of each? What causes it? Did you ever find out?

Yes and then we both had people telling we weren't sick because of the weather at DL because wetness doesn't make you sick. LOL Oh ya, I came back and within a day was home bound with a fever and found out later I had pnuemonia!!!! Luckily we caught it just as it was starting so I was able to fight it at home with antibiotics. I have the same issues you do, it starts as a cold and then blossoms into an infection of some kind and then becomes asthma and allergy related. Not fun......I was so happy because I was very careful when we were in DL in Jan and I was able to avoid getting sick, but I got really sick in late Feb and then spent the next 6 weeks coughing. :( I hate the blowing hand dryers, I just don't dry my hands, I will wave them around in the air or use toilet paper to dry them off then I go and use hand sanitizer on them when I leave the bathroom. lol I am not a germaphobe I just HATE being sick because like you, when I get it it sticks around forEVER!!!!
I know that was a crazy thread, right? When everyone was telling us we didn't get sick because of the rain/weather/freezing cold! :lmao: We must be kindred spirits, because I too wave my hands around and refuse to use the hand dryers!:goodvibes

Oooh - that's like Jayne Seymour the actress. She has one brown and one green I think. That's a cool trait. Do you know what causes it? Usually we are prediposed by genetics to have darker coloring or lighter coloring (eyes, hair, skin). I wonder what happens when you get one of each? What causes it? Did you ever find out?

Yeah, David Bowie has 2 different colored eyes too but I heard it was because he got an eye injury and not genetics. I'm not exactly sure how this sort of "mutation" happens. I remember asking my biology teacher in high school when we were studying genetics and she didn't really have an answer for me. I had an eye doctor tell me it was kind of like having a mole on one eye (because of the pigment). My dad has blue eyes and my mom has brown/hazel eyes so I suppose that must play into it somehow.

And, while I am on the subject, have you ever noticed how in the movies when they want to show that someone is crazy, they give them 2 different colored eyes? This is one of my pet peeves. I think I'm being discriminated against! :rotfl: I'm not crazy (well, at least most of the time). :upsidedow

Worms skeeve me out too. Not so much caterpillars but worms are just gross. My Mom has her teddy bear from when she was born and she was born well before 1961. lol I have a few stuffies from when I was a kid, a horse that is green paisley, a little (used to be) pink bunny with his eyes closed, a cat named Carmichael and a little pink elephant. Unfortunately they were slightly fire damaged and when they got cleaned they got more messed up. :( My pink ellie had a small hole on her neck, now it's huge and most of the stuffing is missing. :( Currently they are in my closet awaiting repair. Oh that reminded me, I have my Strawberry Shortcake & Raspberry Tart dolls from when I was a little girl....loved those things!!!! :) They are dirty looking from smoke. :(

I know that was a crazy thread, right? When everyone was telling us we didn't get sick because of the rain/weather/freezing cold! :lmao: We must be kindred spirits, because I too wave my hands around and refuse to use the hand dryers!:goodvibes

It was crazy and I was extremely offended by a few of the posts on that thread. As if after 37 years I don't know my own body enough to know what causes me to get sick.....ya, ok.... LOL It's good to know I'm not the only weirdo waving my hands around. LOL My kids even do it now! :rotfl::thumbsup2

I have been told I am the hands down winner and I have not even broke out some of my really gross things yet.

Well since it's a weird thread and not gross let's just go with Judy on this one. LOL

Yeah, David Bowie has 2 different colored eyes too but I heard it was because he got an eye injury and not genetics. I'm not exactly sure how this sort of "mutation" happens. I remember asking my biology teacher in high school when we were studying genetics and she didn't really have an answer for me. I had an eye doctor tell me it was kind of like having a mole on one eye (because of the pigment). My dad has blue eyes and my mom has brown/hazel eyes so I suppose that must play into it somehow.

And, while I am on the subject, have you ever noticed how in the movies when they want to show that someone is crazy, they give them 2 different colored eyes? This is one of my pet peeves. I think I'm being discriminated against! :rotfl: I'm not crazy (well, at least most of the time). :upsidedow

That is so cool about your eyes!!!!! Do you wear contacts to make them both the same color?

LOL I have such issues. I've even thought about becoming an Professional Organizer. There actually is such a thing and there's even websites to apply for certification.

Organizing is like heaven to me. When I'm bored and have nothing to do, I tear apart our closets and reorganize.

Sad.....

zeitzeuge: I think you could start your business just with the people on this thread. Here's one more for ya!

I wouldn't die, I'd reorganize. :thumbsup2

Hey==want to look in my cupboards this weekend--huh huh??????? (hope you're feeling better!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter